scorpionking

I-751 Waiver approval!!!!!!!!!

7 posts in this topic

I-751 waiver approved on 15th of this month. Some of you already know me because I am a silent and active observer of this forum. To cut the long story short, I arrived here in 2006 after marying USC. Received 2 yr conditional GC ending in middle of 2008. After 6 months since I arrived in USA my marriage was about to collapse. Eventually we had to separate. Separated in the middle of 2007. In my state there is a 1 year separation requirement to file for the divorce and unfortunately my CGC expiration date was before even I complete 1 year separation. Hired an attorney. Filed for removal of conditions based on "removal of me from USA will result in extreme hardship to me". Got 1 year of extension and in the meantime Filed for the divorce and got divorced in the end of 2008. Withdrew previous petition and refiled based on good faith marriage with final divorce decree in the end of Jan,2009. (evidence- no joint tax returns, no joint bank accounts, no joint lease because the house was my x-wife's brothers name, I had-pictures, joint health insurance, copy of e-mails, MANY affidavits from her relatives,statement by one counselor). I have received interview invitation 2 weeks ago. Went with my attorney and a lady called me in. She asked my current address and biographic(basic) info about me and my x-wife. Briefly asked the reason for the divorce and approved my petition because of genuine nature of marriage.

So please guys, don't be scarred too much if you divorce. If your marriage was real then you will get your GC for sure, sooneer or later. Remember, prayers always helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations and best wishes in the near future. :thumbs: :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
I-751 waiver approved on 15th of this month. Some of you already know me because I am a silent and active observer of this forum. To cut the long story short, I arrived here in 2006 after marying USC. Received 2 yr conditional GC ending in middle of 2008. After 6 months since I arrived in USA my marriage was about to collapse. Eventually we had to separate. Separated in the middle of 2007. In my state there is a 1 year separation requirement to file for the divorce and unfortunately my CGC expiration date was before even I complete 1 year separation. Hired an attorney. Filed for removal of conditions based on "removal of me from USA will result in extreme hardship to me". Got 1 year of extension and in the meantime Filed for the divorce and got divorced in the end of 2008. Withdrew previous petition and refiled based on good faith marriage with final divorce decree in the end of Jan,2009. (evidence- no joint tax returns, no joint bank accounts, no joint lease because the house was my x-wife's brothers name, I had-pictures, joint health insurance, copy of e-mails, MANY affidavits from her relatives,statement by one counselor). I have received interview invitation 2 weeks ago. Went with my attorney and a lady called me in. She asked my current address and biographic(basic) info about me and my x-wife. Briefly asked the reason for the divorce and approved my petition because of genuine nature of marriage.

So please guys, don't be scarred too much if you divorce. If your marriage was real then you will get your GC for sure, sooneer or later. Remember, prayers always helps.

Congrats and may the Lord grant you best of his blessings in future ,i m a waiver too and still waiting after fingerprints . it s been more than 6 months since last reply . can u plz share your timelines and interview experience .we will appreciate that .

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

congratulations Scorpioking!!!

My sister has files for waiver on the basis of cruelty and we are waiting for the results. We mailed the application on 25th of June, 2009. She is very nervous about the outcome. Her husband turned out a jerk and kick her out of the house just 4 months before the 2 yr deadline for removing conditions. She also has to wait for an year before she can file for divorce. So it is going to be tricky if her case is denied and she is not divorced. Can you please share your attorney information?

Thank you very much,

hi what evidence you submit to Uscis ????????????????

congratulations Scorpioking!!!

My sister has files for waiver on the basis of cruelty and we are waiting for the results. We mailed the application on 25th of June, 2009. She is very nervous about the outcome. Her husband turned out a jerk and kick her out of the house just 4 months before the 2 yr deadline for removing conditions. She also has to wait for an year before she can file for divorce. So it is going to be tricky if her case is denied and she is not divorced. Can you please share your attorney information?

Thank you very much,

to Khushi81-my significant timelines are there in my post(without actualy dates only). Also it depends how busy your local office is in terms of scheduling interviews.

to Family Man- try to get divorced ASAP. Work hard on it because it is worth. I know your sister filed based on cruelty, but it is not that easy to get approval based on that unless you have extremely strong evidence. Since (I assume) you will buy some extra time by filing based on cruelty(I mean 1 yr extension), get divorced or atleast file for it and then withdraw your previous petition and file based on good-faith marriage with divorce decree or nowadays you can file it even without that and later on USCIS will send you an RFE and ask for divorce decree. So according to me, you have plenty of time getting divorced. My divorce was in NC state and attorney also lives there. Let me know if you are from NC then I can give you his contact info that might help your sister. wish you good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.