I AM NOT THAT GUY

Secretary Clinton Now More Popular Than President Obama

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Poll Shows Secretary Clinton Now More Popular Than President Obama

Hillary Clinton may have lost the Democratic primaries to Barack Obama, but it now seems that the current Secretary of State is more popular than the President among Americans.

A recent Gallup poll shows that President Obama’s favorable rating has dropped by 22 percent since he first took office in January—down from 78 percent to 56 percent. This is the lowest Obama’s favorable rating has been during his presidency.

Over the same period of time, Clinton’s popularity has dropped by only two percentage points—from 65 percent to 62 percent.

These ratings put Clinton six percent ahead of President Obama in popularity among Americans.

The poll may suggest the difference in how their new roles are perceived by Americans. While President Obama has undergone criticism for his handling of domestic issues, such as health care and the economic crisis, Secretary Clinton has been subject to less criticism with her focus on foreign policy issues.

The Gallup poll was conducted before it was announced that President Obama won the Nobel Peace prize last Friday. While it is possible that this could have improved the president’s rating, it is unclear whether this would have had a major impact on the poll.

President Obama’s job approval rating, similar to his favorable rating, has undergone a downward trend over the course of his nine months in office.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...dent-obama.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance: i sure hope hillary can do something about this once she takes office in 2012!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
Fewer top Dems have had as high of "negatives" as Hillary, this poll is a little remarkable.

Exactly. She has been rehabilitated, and is now free to run in 2012. Chances are, she will be looking for a new job then anyways, as cabinet members are generally replaced after a few years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Fewer top Dems have had as high of "negatives" as Hillary, this poll is a little remarkable.

Exactly. She has been rehabilitated, and is now free to run in 2012. Chances are, she will be looking for a new job then anyways, as cabinet members are generally replaced after a few years.

I don't really think this means much. Ex-presidents also have good approval ratings almost universally. It doesn't mean they weren't controversial. It's just that they have stopped doing anything and typically memory is rose-colored. Hillary isn't really doing much that people see. So she doesn't get the negatives. If she runs for office in 2012, on the other hand, I would expect it to all come back.

Timeline
:dance::dance::dance: i sure hope hillary can do something about this once she takes office in 2012!

Has an incumbent president ever been unseated by his party?

two words for you: vince foster.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh I see... didn't consider that possibility.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Oh I see... didn't consider that possibility.

;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *