nyankee

I-130 approved with wrong name?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Maybe, it wont be a problem but we used my wifes married name. basically her "first name" "middle name" "my last name"

we put her maiden name under other names used. Can i stil use her first name and middle name with my last name since were married? she did change her bolivian passport to her married name, but it reads like this, "first name" "middle name" "father's last name " "mother's last name at the end it has "de my lastname"

any advice or comments?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Maybe, it wont be a problem but we used my wifes married name. basically her "first name" "middle name" "my last name"

we put her maiden name under other names used. Can i stil use her first name and middle name with my last name since were married? she did change her bolivian passport to her married name, but it reads like this, "first name" "middle name" "father's last name " "mother's last name at the end it has "de my lastname"

any advice or comments?

As long as you have documentation of her married name you should be fine... Some countries just "add" names like I believe it the case... You changed the passport and it shows her new name so you should be fine...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

any advice or comments?

This is exactly how I have done it. I am continuing to use the English-language naming convention, in the hopes of having her documents here be in the format expected. I have heard that they will process the paperwork this way okay and that they often change it at the consulate to match the passport. I hope I can get it through to being like I want it, but will deal with whatever comes my way when it comes down to it. You and I will probably have similar experiences in this regard.

Like christeen points out: as long as you have documentation. I am not too worried. They are going to know what I am trying to do... it's the way we do things here. Worse comes to worst, and we do some RFE something or other to provide paperwork with the passport name. I can't think of anything worse than that though (well maybe some red tape issues down the road, but nothing a little patience what sort out).

Mark :)

PS. Anyone else notice that I am feeling a little cocky lately. Providence is sure to knock me down a peg or two pretty soon ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.