Skip

No 1040's

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just sent my fiance' her paperwork including the I-134. I havent filed taxes in many years because my VA disability and CRSC(Tax free retirement basically) are not taxable and by law I dont file taxes. In the Manila US Embassy guide it states you have to show tax forms. I sent a copy of my taxfree income and had a continuation sheet stating that I didnt pay taxes. I feel maybe someone has had this situation before and could help. I hate for my fiance to be given a hard time about this at the interview. Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I would also send somethign that states its not taxable... If you google it, alot of info comes up and I saw a lot of title this and that of section bla bla, I would find the appropriate law,code or IRS publication and send that too.

Start here :)

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p525/index.html

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

I just sent my fiance' her paperwork including the I-134. I havent filed taxes in many years because my VA disability and CRSC(Tax free retirement basically) are not taxable and by law I dont file taxes. In the Manila US Embassy guide it states you have to show tax forms. I sent a copy of my taxfree income and had a continuation sheet stating that I didnt pay taxes. I feel maybe someone has had this situation before and could help. I hate for my fiance to be given a hard time about this at the interview. Thanks

You should have a VA disability determination letter and certification that you were sent by the VA when the disability was evaluated. You should also have the yearly statement from the VA showing the current payment rate.

I would send copies of both, although the yearly statement would probably be sufficient.

There was a previous VJ member a couple of years back that was doing DCF in the Philippines and all he had was the yearly statement. If I recall correctly, that was adequate.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Did you send a letter explaining all this?

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Copies of your SSA1099-SM(1-2009), SSA1099-SM(1-2008) etc., and the VA equivalent yearly income along with a letter stating why you do not pay taxes will suffice for tax returns. Copies of your SSA1099-SM (showing the 2009 estimated payments) and the equivalent for your VA with a bank statement showing the deposits will take the place of recent pay stubs.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.