bond

traveling to the U.S. while visa is still pending???

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys!

I applied for the K1 visa, but still have to send out package 3 and than I will have to wait for the interview date.

So I guess I will get my visa in the end of this year or beginning of next year, which is fine.

My question:

Can I travel in the meantime to the U.S. for two weeks to visit my fiancee?

What do I say on the boarder when the officer asks me why I want to enter the U.S.?

Do I say that I want to go on vacation or should I mention that I am visiting my fiancee?

Thanks

- Adam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Your info says you are from Germany. If you are a German citizen then yes, you can travel to the USA to visit on the VWP as normal. It is a good idea to bring along proof that you will return home, such as a letter from your employer stating when you are expected back, lease to a flat etc. Also your NOA2 or whatever visa paperwork you have, it shows you are doing things the right (legal) way.

Say you are visiting. If asked for more, never lie- do say you are visiting your fiancee.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

how many times have you been to the US? Also, if you get a jerk in customs...you could be interrogated for hours! Don't lie about anything! Tell the truth! They will know if they look good enough on their computer everything about you...even when your fiancé has visited you in Germany...they know everything. Yes bring a letter from your boss that you are on vacation, proof that you are returning home! Don't bring alot of stuff especially items that are personally valuable to you. Just basic clothes...lastly...not to scare you, but if they think that you won't go back to your country they can put you on the next plane back to your country.

Hey guys!

I applied for the K1 visa, but still have to send out package 3 and than I will have to wait for the interview date.

So I guess I will get my visa in the end of this year or beginning of next year, which is fine.

My question:

Can I travel in the meantime to the U.S. for two weeks to visit my fiancee?

What do I say on the boarder when the officer asks me why I want to enter the U.S.?

Do I say that I want to go on vacation or should I mention that I am visiting my fiancee?

Thanks

- Adam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.