Nyte

Housing situation

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone. My wife and I are about to submit our 751, and I had another question...

We still live at home with my parents (since I'm still in school). We both work and have career oriented jobs (I'm sure its going to look a bit odd that we still live at home....but we are saving to build a house), but we do not pay rent. Do you all think it wise to include an affidavit from my parents saying that we reside at and have resided at the residence since our marriage?

Thanks as always for your input.

Our AOS Timeline

06/16/07 -- Our Wedding

06/26/07 -- AOS sent by attorney

07/02/07 -- Receipt of Documents by USCIS

08/01/07 -- Biometrics Completed

08/05/07 -- "Touched"

09/07/07 -- EAD Card Production Ordered!

01/29/08 -- AOS Interview - APPROVED!! [Verbally]

02/06/08 -- Welcome EMail Received

02/11/08 -- Card Production Ordered

02/19/08 -- Card Received!

Our ROC Timeline

11/05/09 -- Initial meeting with attorney to file Removal of Conditions

11/11/09 -- ROC sent by attorney

01/05/10 -- Biometrics Completed

02/16/10 -- Approval

Citizenship

06/13/11 -- N-400 sent by attorney.

06/24/11 -- NOA

07/15/11 -- Biometrics Completed

08/25/11 -- Interview APPROVED

08/31/11 -- Oath Taken! Now a US Citizen!

Passport

09/06/11 -- Passport Application submitted.

09/21/11 -- Passport Book Received!

09/23/11 -- Passport Card and Certificate of Naturalization received.

09/25/11 -- Life after USCIS begins.

av-37579.gif

Be me a little...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

husband and I work together for a Lodging Facility........and in returns with salary we recieve FREE living quater....so what I did was just

get a letter typed notorized stating we have no rent, utility, etc..........

hopefully that will work

Removal of conditions

10-05-09 : Mailed I-751

10-08-09 : Delivered to ALBANS, VT 05479

10-13-09 : Check CASHED

10-19-09 : Recieved NOA1

10-13-09 : Recieved Biometric Appointment for 11/16/09

11-16-09 : Biometric Done - Dallas

11-17-09 : Touched

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone. My wife and I are about to submit our 751, and I had another question...

We still live at home with my parents (since I'm still in school). We both work and have career oriented jobs (I'm sure its going to look a bit odd that we still live at home....but we are saving to build a house), but we do not pay rent. Do you all think it wise to include an affidavit from my parents saying that we reside at and have resided at the residence since our marriage?

Thanks as always for your input.

Both my wife and I live at our parents' house as well. We also go to school and are working part-time. We are in the process of purchasing a new house. What we did was have our parents write a letter with their signatures stating that we (their son and son's wife) are currently living at their residence (insert address) since (insert date) and that my parents were paying the utilities plus rent. We just sent our I-751 ROC application with this included letter as well as what we did when my wife adjusted status two years ago.

Edited by Kabigon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.