bogartnoir

i need a printer

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hulloooo.

trying to distract myself from news of a fellow vj-er being denied at montreal. :(

i am a mac user and i need a good reasonably priced printer/scanner.

it doesn't have to be fancy, but it's gotta work with a mac and last me a while.

anyone have any suggestions? any brands you recommend?

thanks in advance.

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
hulloooo.

trying to distract myself from news of a fellow vj-er being denied at montreal. :(

i am a mac user and i need a good reasonably priced printer/scanner.

it doesn't have to be fancy, but it's gotta work with a mac and last me a while.

anyone have any suggestions? any brands you recommend?

thanks in advance.

I wish I could help but I'm still using W2K. SpiritAlight is a Mac user as are a few other folks here, I sure one of these nice people will point you in the right direction. If it helps, I've heard some of the newer HP and Canon units will work with a Mac but I don't know enough about it.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
lulz.... mac :lol:

:| you try to be an illustrator/designer without one!

you can always PM VJ member Tavoludo; he is the self-appointed MAC freak.

thanks for the heads up!

I wish I could help but I'm still using W2K. SpiritAlight is a Mac user as are a few other folks here, I sure one of these nice people will point you in the right direction. If it helps, I've heard some of the newer HP and Canon units will work with a Mac but I don't know enough about it.

my folks (pc users) have an HP and it seems like a sturdy unit. i'll look into that, thanks!

AOS

05.25.10 - NoA

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.09.10 - EAD received!

02.01.11 - touched

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Take a look at the Epson Stylus NX515 - Mac friendly - 4 color cartridge - flatbed scanner - some pretty good features and can be found for around $90. Looks good too.

Timeline
Take a look at the Epson Stylus NX515 - Mac friendly - 4 color cartridge - flatbed scanner - some pretty good features and can be found for around $90. Looks good too.

good lookin' is always a plus...thanks! :thumbs:

AOS

05.25.10 - NoA

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.09.10 - EAD received!

02.01.11 - touched

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Timeline

I hate macs because they are touted as top of the line machines without the proper context. I don't like that you cannot upgrade them, nor do they run a vast majority of business and game software. I previously worked as an accountant at a production studio. It was always funny telling the graphic artists and producers that they submitted their invoices in an unfamiliar format, that they had to use a PC or else they wouldn't get paid :devil:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The best printers we offered, and especially for designers, was Canon printers. For a few reasons, they do work very well with Macs, and if you get the one with multiple cartridges you save a LOT of money from printing. Cartridges is how you shop for a printer not so much the printer itself. Canon runs you about $15-$20 a cartridge and lasts about 100 photos in my experience. The printers themselves are around $100-$300 depending on the option you get.

We use Canon MX7600.

It also has border-less printing! My favorite feature!

Helen Keller: “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.”

Timeline

I hate macs because they are touted as top of the line machines without the proper context. I don't like that you cannot upgrade them, nor do they run a vast majority of business and game software. I previously worked as an accountant at a production studio. It was always funny telling the graphic artists and producers that they submitted their invoices in an unfamiliar format, that they had to use a PC or else they wouldn't get paid :devil:

hate is a strong word, sir!

they are beautiful machines that are intuitive to use and have a nice interface.

i don't play video games (at least not on the computer), so that doesn't get me down and now microsoft's office suite has a mac version so the formatting is no problem anymore! B)

AOS

05.25.10 - NoA

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.09.10 - EAD received!

02.01.11 - touched

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You can play WoW! or any other Blizzard game for that matter (cause those are the only ones that count!) lol =D

Helen Keller: “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.”

Timeline
The best printers we offered, and especially for designers, was Canon printers. For a few reasons, they do work very well with Macs, and if you get the one with multiple cartridges you save a LOT of money from printing. Cartridges is how you shop for a printer not so much the printer itself. Canon runs you about $15-$20 a cartridge and lasts about 100 photos in my experience. The printers themselves are around $100-$300 depending on the option you get.

We use Canon MX7600.

It also has border-less printing! My favorite feature!

awesome :) thanks for the recommendation!

AOS

05.25.10 - NoA

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.09.10 - EAD received!

02.01.11 - touched

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Timeline
You can play WoW! or any other Blizzard game for that matter (cause those are the only ones that count!) lol =D

myself, i'm not a mmorpg game player (i play "cutesy" games like katamari damacy and little big planet. haha). the fiancee is a pc user and he likes games like "bioshock" and first-person shooters. i guess he's big on some game called "crysis"(?) right now

AOS

05.25.10 - NoA

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.09.10 - EAD received!

02.01.11 - touched

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Timeline

yeah, but you'd be a n00b :P

OK, hate is a bit of a strong word. Yes, they do have a slick UI, and some nice features, but they will never be able to stack up against a top end PC, plain and simple. I think my disdain for Macs has more to do with the smug hipsters in L.A. who tout them as the greatest thing without any knowledge of what they are talking about.

myself, i'm not a mmorpg game player (i play "cutesy" games like katamari damacy and little big planet. haha). the fiancee is a pc user and he likes games like "bioshock" and first-person shooters. i guess he's big on some game called "crysis"(?) right now

Crysis FTW :thumbs:

Timeline

yeah, but you'd be a n00b :P

OK, hate is a bit of a strong word. Yes, they do have a slick UI, and some nice features, but they will never be able to stack up against a top end PC, plain and simple. I think my disdain for Macs has more to do with the smug hipsters in L.A. who tout them as the greatest thing without any knowledge of what they are talking about.

the thing about macs is that any old idiot can use them straight out of the box. and i am any old idiot! they're just so straightforward and simple to use.

if you like being able to configure and add-on to your computer, then a mac is definitely not for you, i agree. there's a lot they cannot do. but for me? the mac is perfect. it does everything i want it to do. plus i don't have to worry about virii, really (i know that's a bone of contention with some pc users who insist i should have to worry...and NOW! but for the moment i feel pretty fancy-free. i use adblock, of course, but that's just for the eyesore potential).

AOS

05.25.10 - NoA

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.09.10 - EAD received!

02.01.11 - touched

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.