Helen G.

ready to file form I751 and not enough evidence!!!

6 posts in this topic

Well this week I am putting together my package, since my 90 days start on oct. 15 and I want to send it ASAP because my green card got stolen and I really need the stamp on my passport cause I need to make a trip to Honduras next month.

Here's my problem:

1. We have 2 daughters together (a 2year old and a 3 month old) the 2 year old has being on daycare before and he is listed as her dad and as emergency contact I have both of my in laws. I guess I can go to the daycares where she had assistance before and ask for a letter. also I can attached copy of cancel checks of the business acct.

2. We do have the business bank account together, I signed checks and also used a debit card under the business name. I will ask the bank for a letter.

3. I have my car insurance under his policy, I don't have the car under my name but I am in his car insurance policy.

4. He also have me on his health insurance (we have change health insurance company 3 times but I guess I can called each one and ask them for a letter)and the girls too.

5. Verizon wireless account: he have me on this too. I can show like a calling detail list of how many times a day we called each other.

6. tax returns we just have filed 2007 and he file an extension for 2008. we don't have credit cards, house, uilities together! I don't work, he support me.

This is ALL I HAVE! NOTHING MORE!!! Does anybody think I might get a letter asking for more evidence. I don't have more, I will attached some affidavits, mailing address together, pictures, plane tickets traveling to my country together.

Has ANYONE BEFORE with children together received a letter asking for more evidence???????????????????????????????

If they do, I will ask for an infopass appointment and go in person with my husband!

Please advice me in what to expect. : :help:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Believe it or not, that is more than enough. My husband and I have separate credit card accounts and all I did is send copies of each one showing that they share the same address. Same for all other correspondence. I also included bank statements from our bank accounts, car insurance info showing both of our names, his name as a dependent on my health insurance, pictures of us together and with my family, trip itineraries from our vacation, etc.

So try to gather as much as stuff that you may think of and send it in. It will be plenty.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It sounds plenty. I would include evidence of the tax extension just so they know thats why those taxes are missing. Apart from that you sound fine. I added christmas cards adressed to us both and 2 anniversary cards (one for the ist and one for the 2nd).

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Filed: Other Timeline

Helen, Helen, Helen . . .

It's not about having the biggest package. Having the biggest package only gives you:

1) bragging rights

2) makes the life of the deciding IO miserable

Anybody who has a 2-year GC has been approved long ago. The I-751 is only a check to see of the marriage is real or was a sham to circumvent immigration law. If a couple is still happily married after 2 years and files jointly, that is a 75% home-run. The remaining 25% are showing that you live together, intermingled your finances, your life, and did things together married people do. If you can provide SOME form of proof for that, and the IO can look through your file and nods with his or her head, it's a done deal.

Don't think for a moment you have to drown them in paperwork. You don't. My my I-751 form I sent, for example:

1) a cover letter telling who we are and listing the items enclosed

2) a copy of my GC

3) an original letter from my bank stating accounts, balances, and that my wife and I are both authorized users

4) copy of joint credit cards

5) copy of joint AAA membership cards

6) copy of joint auto insurance policy

7) copies of "joint" titles for cars we bought after we got married (I'm a collector)

8) 4 sheets of 3 photos each from family events, vacations, holidays, etc.

I think I send about 14 pages total. Note that I didn't send a rent agreement or mortgage since I had the house years before I met my wife, and I also didn't sent a single account statement, as the various accounts we have are all in either of our names (and that includes our Roth IRAs) or in business names.

What matters is that a couple is married "for real" and lives together "for real." If that's the case, there's NOTHING to worry about and it's pretty impossible to not being approved.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.