Kittyfang

How long have ou overstayed before filing?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, I understand what you're all saying and I have a couple things to reply, but, I still hear the bitterness in your words. So, I'm just going to take a break right here.

Thank you all for your input and I hope your situation all work out.

**edit

As far as the government program, my point was not to illicit sympathy, but when people say "you've been here illegally!" to me, it always sounds like they think I've been here living on thousands of dollars in a mansion. I have not. You want to make yourself feel better at my expanse, you go right ahead. I was raised in the real world, where No One, and I do mean No One does the legal right thing all the time. So to me it's just hypocrisy, like the person who wished so much bad things upon me, but that seems to identify as some kind of religious person.

No one does the legal right thing all the time? Really? So you can speak for all of us here? Actually, so you know, I have always done the legal right thing. And I can sleep at night without worry of repercussions. And I live in the real world

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Hi Kittyfang,

Yes, these are the types of comments to which I referred, and they are to be expected. One of the biggest advantages that you have enjoyed by taking the path you did that those who have followed the legal process do not have is being with your loved one. People going through the legal route have waited years to enjoy that experience - and many are still waiting. Seeing you gaining the benefit they seek without going through the same lengthy and wearing process makes it easy for them to became angry that they have to suffer and wait while you don't. They feel the full effects of its unfairness and will not view your difficulties with sympathy. They view your challenges as ones you chose as they are a consequence of your choice, and even still, that what you have gained - being able to be with your spouse during these years - is a greater gain than anything you have lost. They don't have that option.

Your best position is to recognize that you will get these responses and accept that these posters have the right to feel this way. Being humble rather than defensive will get you more support in the long run.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, I understand what you're all saying and I have a couple things to reply, but, I still hear the bitterness in your words. So, I'm just going to take a break right here.

Thank you all for your input and I hope your situation all work out.

**edit

As far as the government program, my point was not to illicit sympathy, but when people say "you've been here illegally!" to me, it always sounds like they think I've been here living on thousands of dollars in a mansion. I have not. You want to make yourself feel better at my expanse, you go right ahead. I was raised in the real world, where No One, and I do mean No One does the legal right thing all the time. So to me it's just hypocrisy, like the person who wished so much bad things upon me, but that seems to identify as some kind of religious person.

No one does the legal right thing all the time? Really? So you can speak for all of us here? Actually, so you know, I have always done the legal right thing. And I can sleep at night without worry of repercussions. And I live in the real world

I heard you jaywalked last week :hehe:

I think when it comes to immigration, you will find that 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of us here did the research, and followed the rules to the letter of the law.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Kittyfang,

Yes, these are the types of comments to which I referred, and they are to be expected. One of the biggest advantages that you have enjoyed by taking the path you did that those who have followed the legal process do not have is being with your loved one. People going through the legal route have waited years to enjoy that experience - and many are still waiting. Seeing you gaining the benefit they seek without going through the same lengthy and wearing process makes it easy for them to became angry that they have to suffer and wait while you don't. They feel the full effects of its unfairness and will not view your difficulties with sympathy. They view your challenges as ones you chose as they are a consequence of your choice, and even still, that what you have gained - being able to be with your spouse during these years - is a greater gain than anything you have lost. They don't have that option.

Your best position is to recognize that you will get these responses and accept that these posters have the right to feel this way. Being humble rather than defensive will get you more support in the long run.

Kathryn41, I agree with you entirely and that is why I am removing myself from this thread. I was looking for people in the same situation as me. Never meant to offend anyone.

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ooooooh, snap!!!

I agree with most everyone here as well. I heard you all from my turkey stupor on the couch.

no one is going to want to be sympathetic when we all worked hard, waited, were apart from our spouses, ya know?

your tagline too of 'I been here illegally for 2.5 years is also hugely wrong... IMHO...

NO wish for you to get deported but ya getta get with the program too.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

ok - inappropriate comments removed and as the discussion seems to be disintegrating, plus the OP has received the information she was requesting (and more), I am closing this thread.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.