bryonm4

I have a CR1 question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have my paperwork in order the I-864 should I send that in now or should I wait until my wife gives me her paperwork and send them in together? I assume we wont get our interview date from the NVC until they get all the paperwork but I was thinking if I send mine in now that might go threw it early and it will save a few days so we might get the itnerview sooner.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have my paperwork in order the I-864 should I send that in now or should I wait until my wife gives me her paperwork and send them in together? I assume we wont get our interview date from the NVC until they get all the paperwork but I was thinking if I send mine in now that might go threw it early and it will save a few days so we might get the itnerview sooner.

what paperwork does she have is it the DS-230 1&2??

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

If you are pertaining to DS-230 packet and you got all the required documents, send it to your spouse right away, it will save you more time until the time comes that you have to pay AOS and IV bills.

Make sure that you have the exact replica of those papers that you are about to send.

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Timeline

She is sending her clean paper to show she has no criminal record and all the other paperwork you send in after you get the case number. I am sending the I-864 and my pay stubs and copys of a bank statement along with the last 3 years tax returns

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
She is sending her clean paper to show she has no criminal record and all the other paperwork you send in after you get the case number. I am sending the I-864 and my pay stubs and copys of a bank statement along with the last 3 years tax returns

Whoa whoa whoa!!! You need to wait till the 3032 is generated and the AOS bill is paid and shows paid before you start sending stuff in to NVC!!! If you send anything before, it will NOT be accepted!!! I would however suggest that you have the benificerary fill out the 230, send all the required original documents to you and have everything ready to go... But do not send anything to NVC before they are ready to accept it!!! :guides:

Here is a formula I did for another post that tells the sequence

I posted this in another post.... might be of use in keeping things straight!

For anyone confused the formula is this

Petitioner = Get NVC # + receive AOS fee bill + pay 70$ online + wait to show paid + print cover sheet + send 854 AOS with all documents and case # written on each page

Benificerary = Get NVC# + receive 3032 + send 3032+ 3032 accepted + IV fee bill available to be paid + pay and wait to show paid + print IV cover sheet + mail 230 package with all original/certified documents

======= wait for case complete + wait for interview to be scheduled

Good luck to all!!!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

Whoa whoa whoa!!! You need to wait till the 3032 is generated and the AOS bill is paid and shows paid before you start sending stuff in to NVC!!! If you send anything before, it will NOT be accepted!!! I would however suggest that you have the benificerary fill out the 230, send all the required original documents to you and have everything ready to go... But do not send anything to NVC before they are ready to accept it!!! :guides:

Petitioner = Get NVC # + receive AOS fee bill + pay 70$ online + wait to show paid + print cover sheet + send 854 AOS with all documents and case # written on each page

Benificerary = Get NVC# + receive 3032 + send 3032+ 3032 accepted + IV fee bill available to be paid + pay and wait to show paid + print IV cover sheet + mail 230 package with all original/certified documents

Good luck to all!!!

Yeah I paid the 400 and the 70 online it shows paid I went to the next step and printed out my cover sheet and emailed the coversheet to my wife. She is getting the paperwork done there once she has it complete she is going to mail me her paperwork and I will mail them to the NVC either with my I-864 or by themselves if I send the I-864 now. I was just wondering speed wise would our case be completed at the NVC sooner and we will get our interview date sooner if I send my info in first if not I will send them both at the same time.

Thanks

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Good luck to all!!!

Yeah I paid the 400 and the 70 online it shows paid I went to the next step and printed out my cover sheet and emailed the coversheet to my wife. She is getting the paperwork done there once she has it complete she is going to mail me her paperwork and I will mail them to the NVC either with my I-864 or by themselves if I send the I-864 now. I was just wondering speed wise would our case be completed at the NVC sooner and we will get our interview date sooner if I send my info in first if not I will send them both at the same time.

Thanks

:time::time::time::time::time:

Sorry, you do not have a current timeline so it is hard to see where you are in the process, please update

To answer your question, you can send the 864 package now then her package once it gets here... Since they are two different processes that merge, not sure if it cuts any time off, but at least you know if your part has any issues or if they need any other info....

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good luck to all!!!

Thanks

:time::time::time::time::time:

Sorry, you do not have a current timeline so it is hard to see where you are in the process, please update

To answer your question, you can send the 864 package now then her package once it gets here... Since they are two different processes that merge, not sure if it cuts any time off, but at least you know if your part has any issues or if they need any other info....

I sent my I864 in about three weeks before I got the orginial police certs for my wife. NVC sent a notice "checklist" which just a barcoded letter stating that the I864 forms were received but the petition is missing additonal forms. Essentially, they said I needed to send in the DS230 for processing. I would send the I864 early if you can, at the very least it won't negatively effect the processing time.

Timeline

you should send in your i864 now, so they can review it. In case there is something wrong with your i864 you can fix it while waiting for your spouse's paperworks. It takes about 2 weeks for your case to be completed after you send in all your paperworks, and you'll get an interview date within 2 weeks. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.