Paul and Natalia

medical exam in Moscow

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The Consulate's site says that AO Medicina is not available anymore for the med exam. Instead, there is Filatov's clinics.

Did anyone have experience with them? How soon they give the results?

Do they let ANY adults to come, or only adults with kids (this is children's clinics)?

Is it necessary to have an X-ray check (lungs) before the exam in Moscow, or it wil be made during the exam? (or shouldn't be done at all?)

The company where I work will arrange for an X-ray lab to come soon, and will provide the check-up for all employees.

Just don't want to do it twice for such a short time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
The Consulate's site says that AO Medicina is not available anymore for the med exam. Instead, there is Filatov's clinics.

Do they let ANY adults to come, or only adults with kids (this is children's clinics)?

Is it necessary to have an X-ray check (lungs) before the exam in Moscow, or it wil be made during the exam? (or shouldn't be done at all?)

The company where I work will arrange for an X-ray lab to come soon, and will provide the check-up for all employees.

My fiancee went to Filatov. She picked up the results the next day, but I believe they were offered for the same day. I can ask her tomorrow if you want more details about her experience.

In general she said that she was treated well and had no issues whatsoever. Everything that is needed is done during one exam that you pay for at the clinic.

Timeline

My fiancee went to Filatov. She picked up the results the next day, but I believe they were offered for the same day. I can ask her tomorrow if you want more details about her experience.

In general she said that she was treated well and had no issues whatsoever. Everything that is needed is done during one exam that you pay for at the clinic.

Thanks! Yes, it would be helpful to know more about the "process" in this clinics!

Did they just change the name?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Did they just change the name?

No, Filatov's clinics was always in this list (its address is Sadovo-Kudrinskaya, 15, while AOM's is "2nd Tverskoy-Yamskoy, 10").

I asked. She just went and told them that she needed the exam for the visa. She filled out many forms, had a few exams done (including blood), and she went home after two or three hours. The results were available only the next day.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My RW went to Meditsina. Go to what is listed on the packet they send you.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Timeline

Just to let everyone know, I emailed the embassy asking them if Meditsina is acceptable. I just sent the email about an hour ago, so I am sure I will have some answer by the end of the week. I wonder how they would address people who have already done their medical?

I will let everyone know when I get a response.

Timeline

Thank you for the answers! So, should I wait for the packet and go to the medical center listed there?

I thought I could use ANY clinic listed on the web-site.

I live in Yekaterinburg, and had an idea to use any business trip (travel to Moscow quite often) to have an exam, especially because its results are valid for 6 months...

Is it better to wait for the packet?

My .01 cents is NOT to wait for the packet. You can go to ANY medical places listed on the website. Do not be alarmed if you do not get the packet. Ours took 3 weeks to get. You need to make sure that you get the police certificate started. That takes about a month to get.

Hope this helps.

Timeline
My .01 cents is NOT to wait for the packet. You can go to ANY medical places listed on the website. Do not be alarmed if you do not get the packet. Ours took 3 weeks to get. You need to make sure that you get the police certificate started. That takes about a month to get.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

I have the police certificates already.

Will be very interesting to know the embassy's answer about AOM and what to do if the exam was done there (sincerely hope that the fiancees faced this problem would not need to go through the exam again)!

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

I have the police certificates already.

Will be very interesting to know the embassy's answer about AOM and what to do if the exam was done there (sincerely hope that the fiancees faced this problem would not need to go through the exam again)!

I did get a reply from the Embassy that since she has NOT done her exam, then she must reschedule. I am not sure why they no longer accept the other. So if you had your Exam BEFORE Oct 1st, then your ok.. if not.. then you have to redo it. Sorry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.