DaleandPat

If the Visa Interview is the first week of December?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee is having the sputum test done now and is to call the SLEC on December 2nd. This will probably be to make a time for the medical report out of the sputum test, which is believed to be negative. Her instructions said she would then have the visa interview within 2 or 3 days, which may be sometime between December 7th thru 11th. Now then another week will be needed on the average to get the visa in hand. By this time half of December will be gone. It may be hard to make reservations for air flight to Iowa by this time.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated. A Delta Airlines representative recommended to talk to a travel agency to see if they may have blocks of flights that could be adjusted if reservations are made ahead of time.

Dale

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

My fiancee is having the sputum test done now and is to call the SLEC on December 2nd. This will probably be to make a time for the medical report out of the sputum test, which is believed to be negative. Her instructions said she would then have the visa interview within 2 or 3 days, which may be sometime between December 7th thru 11th. Now then another week will be needed on the average to get the visa in hand. By this time half of December will be gone. It may be hard to make reservations for air flight to Iowa by this time.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated. A Delta Airlines representative recommended to talk to a travel agency to see if they may have blocks of flights that could be adjusted if reservations are made ahead of time.

Dale

Best way to go, I suppose, is to just wait till December is over. Even now, it's hard to get a decent ticket price, and you cant get a ticket anyway till you know the result of the sputum test, at which time most if not all tickets are gone. Besides, why not let her spend a last holiday with her family? And she won't get shocked at the sudden change of temps, too! :)

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Flying from US to Manila would be peak of peak in December but you'd be surprised to know that travel from Manila to US in December is easier to book and fares are cheaper than flying in January. Reason is that US-based Filipinos are all coming home for X-mas. The planes arriving in Manila in December would be full of passengers but depart with half empty seats.

The first two weeks in January are the worst time to travel to the US because all of the balikbayan Filipinos would be travelling back at that time. Not to mention that fares would be a bit more expensive.

It would be wise to wait until she gets her visa then book her flight.

Timeline

I have met a travel agent in Portland that is Pinay. She has helped me with scheduling and seems caring and knowledgeable about immigration matters. She has consolidators specializing in travel to Manila. I recently asked her permission to post reference on VJ.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darlene Rivera, CTC, DS

Owner

DESTINED TO TRAVEL, LLC

PO Box 1324

Fairview, OR 97024

Tel | 503.512.8348

Cell | 503.750.2052

Fax | 503.512.7764

OFFICE HOURS | MON-FRI 9:30AM - 5:00 PM PST

darlene.rivera@d2travelonline.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 26 '09 I-129F Petition Sent

Oct 6 '09 Petition Approved

November 6 '09 Medical Complete

November 12 '09 Interview Complete

November 19 '09 Visa Delivered

November 25 '09 POE

February 6 '10 Married

September 30 '10 AOS App sent - crazy overloaded!

December 13 '10 AP Email notice

December 17 '10 EAD Hardcopy received. Yeah!

You may want to allot up to 10 business days for the Embassy to deliver the visa via Air21 also. That puts you at the 3rd week of December. Plus she has to get her CFO Sticker after she gets her visa.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Unless you are booking a fully refundable fare - do not do it until the visa is in hand. Unless of course you are prepared to lose the money.

lolfs.gif

Iowa?

Why would you bring anyone to that God Forsaken Hell Hole? I already feel sorry for her :devil:

Closer you get to X-Mas the more expensive the ticket gonna be. My wife if flying from DFW to MNL , Leaving USA first week of December, and coming back to USA the 20th of Dec. She paid $900 roundtrip, she purchsed the ticket about 2 months ago online.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline
I have met a travel agent in Portland that is Pinay. She has helped me with scheduling and seems caring and knowledgeable about immigration matters. She has consolidators specializing in travel to Manila. I recently asked her permission to post reference on VJ.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darlene Rivera, CTC, DS

Owner

DESTINED TO TRAVEL, LLC

PO Box 1324

Fairview, OR 97024

Tel | 503.512.8348

Cell | 503.750.2052

Fax | 503.512.7764

OFFICE HOURS | MON-FRI 9:30AM - 5:00 PM PST

darlene.rivera@d2travelonline.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much. I think I will send an e-mail to her.

God bless,

Dale

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

12-08-2009 CFO

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Timeline
You may want to allot up to 10 business days for the Embassy to deliver the visa via Air21 also. That puts you at the 3rd week of December. Plus she has to get her CFO Sticker after she gets her visa.

Thanks, a great idea. I am thinking of getting a ticket for the 23rd of December just to make sure. I wanted to have Pat come this month before the real cold winter air starts. Pat has never seen snow or been in snow, so this will be quite an adventure.

Thanks and God bless,

Dale

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

12-08-2009 CFO

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Timeline
Iowa?

Why would you bring anyone to that God Forsaken Hell Hole? I already feel sorry for her :devil:

Closer you get to X-Mas the more expensive the ticket gonna be. My wife if flying from DFW to MNL , Leaving USA first week of December, and coming back to USA the 20th of Dec. She paid $900 roundtrip, she purchsed the ticket about 2 months ago online.

Well I am hoping the cold air will not be to much for her just coming from a hot summer day into winter. December in Iowa can be moderate to bitter cold and snowy. Maybe I should see about getting her a flight from MNL to DFW then on to Cedar Rapids instead of to Detroit or Minneapolis then to Cedar Rapids. I guess I will wrap her in my parka when she arrives. I am finding the most direst flights are a little over $900.00 one way.

I took some online classes with team members in Texas. I know how in the dead of winter in Iowa it can be almost a cool day in summer in Texas. I would like to retire in a warmer climate than Iowa like Texas or Southern Colorado.

Thanks and God bless,

Dale

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

12-08-2009 CFO

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Timeline
Iowa?

Well I am hoping the cold air will not be to much for her just coming from a hot summer day into winter. December in Iowa can be moderate to bitter cold and snowy. Maybe I should see about getting her a flight from MNL to DFW then on to Cedar Rapids instead of to Detroit or Minneapolis then to Cedar Rapids. I guess I will wrap her in my parka when she arrives. I am finding the most direst flights are a little over $900.00 one way.

I took some online classes with team members in Texas. I know how in the dead of winter in Iowa it can be almost a cool day in summer in Texas. I would like to retire in a warmer climate than Iowa like Texas or Southern Colorado.

Thanks and God bless,

Dale

A quick (LAZY) search indicates no record of freezing temperatures for any city in the Philippines. Baguio has been under 10C several times. Imagine never seeing ice, snow, or frost! Iowa? Have you told her about this? You better get that girl her own down parka! :yes: Hey we're trying for before Christmas too! I can't wait - the best gift ever... Best of luck to you both...... :thumbs:

July 26 '09 I-129F Petition Sent

Oct 6 '09 Petition Approved

November 6 '09 Medical Complete

November 12 '09 Interview Complete

November 19 '09 Visa Delivered

November 25 '09 POE

February 6 '10 Married

September 30 '10 AOS App sent - crazy overloaded!

December 13 '10 AP Email notice

December 17 '10 EAD Hardcopy received. Yeah!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dale

Dont worry much, sometimes the airlines have deals better than when you make advance bookings.

JNR

Timeline
Iowa?

Thanks and God bless,

Dale

A quick (LAZY) search indicates no record of freezing temperatures for any city in the Philippines. Baguio has been under 10C several times. Imagine never seeing ice, snow, or frost! Iowa? Have you told her about this? You better get that girl her own down parka! :yes: Hey we're trying for before Christmas too! I can't wait - the best gift ever... Best of luck to you both...... :thumbs:

Thank you, Pat knows about it being cold here in the winter. She tells me it will be exciting to see the change in seasons. I was not sure which small size would fit the best, so I will barrow a coat until I can get Pat to a store. I asked a Filipina that works at Walmart that probably wore the same size as Pat. She told me to have Pat wear the heaviest jacket she had to America. So Pat will be bringing a sweater, a sweatshirt and a jacket when she steps off the plane into the airports in Minneaplois or Detroit and also in Cedar Rapids.

Thanks and God bless,

Dale

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

12-08-2009 CFO

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Timeline

Best of luck to ya :~)

I think you will find a way to keep her warm.

We have plans to get warm cloths first day here too .

To save time I think she could go to CFO now and return for sticker when have visa in hand,Not possitive But might save some time so you can be together before X- mas.

We will be on look out for update.

Dale

Can you tell us something? When a sputum test is required, does it mean that you have to have the (negative) result on hand before you can proceed with the USEM interview? I noticed that you cancelled it. I thought you could proceed with the interview, and then wait for the sputum tests to be processed, then get the visa when test results are negative. Good luck.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.