alwayssmiling

Question on Affidavit of support

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Posted in other forum but I got the suggestion to post here too. I wrote the casablanca embassy today and asked if My fiance had to bring the affidavit of support form with him or if he had to mail it in to the embassy before his interview on November 2. I received a response from the consulate stating that the Affidavit of support is not required for the K1 interview in Casablanca...... Has anyone hear have any answers or comments to this? I am going to have him bring it anyway but just was wondering for sure if anyone knows if he does or does not have to have it or what your experience might have been with this? Thanks so much for responding ...................

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm sure you will get some ladies chiming in soon with experience, but everything I have read out of Casa says, no...they dont ask for it for the K1

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm sure you will get some ladies chiming in soon with experience, but everything I have read out of Casa says, no...they dont ask for it for the K1

My fiance received his packet 3, and on the list of forms required there was anot a request for the I-134 Affidavit of Support. Howeverrrrrr one form that was requested that he bring was form DS-156K 'Nonimmigrant Fiance Visa Application. On this form it states...

"THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR A FIANCE NONIMMIGRANT VISA"

1. Your Birth Certificate

2. Birth Certificate of all children listed in number 5

3. Death Certificate of Spouse

4. Mariiage Certificate

5. Divorce Certificate

6. Evidence of Engagement to your fiance (how the heck u prove that?????)

7. Evidence of Financial Support

So I am bringing my I-134 Affidavit of Support form in case they ask for it. As I said, it was not on the list of required documents, but it was listed n that form. :unsure:

Edited by MouadsWife

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I asked about this.. I was told they dont need the form I-134 but they do need sufficient evidence that you can support him lol... I dont understand this either lol

POE at JFK:01-26-2010

Wedding:02-03-2010

Filed AOS: 11-22-2010

AOS Accepted: 12-08-2010

NOA1 for AOS & EAD: 12-11-2010

Received Biometrics Appt: 12-16-2010

Biometrics Appt: 01-05-2011

Transferred to CSC: 01-13-2011

EAD Approved: 02-11-2011

EAD Received: 02-22-2011

AOS Approved: 03-07-2011

AOS Received: 03-14-2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

ahhhh... thanks MouadsWife.. that is the clearest answer i have seen from all the times i have asked about this lol

POE at JFK:01-26-2010

Wedding:02-03-2010

Filed AOS: 11-22-2010

AOS Accepted: 12-08-2010

NOA1 for AOS & EAD: 12-11-2010

Received Biometrics Appt: 12-16-2010

Biometrics Appt: 01-05-2011

Transferred to CSC: 01-13-2011

EAD Approved: 02-11-2011

EAD Received: 02-22-2011

AOS Approved: 03-07-2011

AOS Received: 03-14-2011

Timeline
ahhhh... thanks MouadsWife.. that is the clearest answer i have seen from all the times i have asked about this lol

Yeeeerrrrr weeelcome Resha~Adnan!!

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

I see that your interview date is just a few days before ours. Ours is November 7th! After you have yours, please let us know how it went ok? Have you been able to get any costs of medical fees? My fiance called 2 doctors, and one quoted 1500dh, and another 1800. The one for 1500dh converts to about $197.00. There is a female doctor that everyone is saying we should go to. Why I dont know. But I dont have a cost on her yet. She told my fiance to wait 15 days before the interview to get it done. But I dont want to wait at the last minute. We are going to try to get ours done by the end of the month. Not sure how much it will cost to get the other things done like the police certificate, court certificate and singlehood certificate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salaam,

Probably best to have it filled out and everything ready, just in case, on the off chance, they do ask for it...

Makes filling out the I-864 easier when your SO comes over here anyway....

Multiple Casa Conversations on Affidavit of Support

Good luck!

:thumbs:

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I see that your interview date is just a few days before ours. Ours is November 7th! After you have yours, please let us know how it went ok? Have you been able to get any costs of medical fees? My fiance called 2 doctors, and one quoted 1500dh, and another 1800. The one for 1500dh converts to about $197.00. There is a female doctor that everyone is saying we should go to. Why I dont know. But I dont have a cost on her yet. She told my fiance to wait 15 days before the interview to get it done. But I dont want to wait at the last minute. We are going to try to get ours done by the end of the month. Not sure how much it will cost to get the other things done like the police certificate, court certificate and singlehood certificate.

I will definitely let you know how it went he has already had his physical done he went on Tuesday the 6th of Ocotber he said his physical was about 200 USD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.