69 posts in this topic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Ha! If you felt "slagged off" that was all you, not me...that's your own transferrence there...no worries. i'd say everyone's uber-sensitivty has SOMETHING to do with all thsi...but Just my opinion...

Sean!!! THat's great! I'm glad all is well. Not much news here either. I am still here because my job is quite mundane at the moment! We are planning a trip back to Oz over xmas for my sister-in-laws wedding. Good times!! Heard from Mellie recently? I haven't but she must be pretty far along with her pregnancy by now!!! We have been to West Virginia for a family reunion and Virginia for a wedding. That's it!! I am excited because I have HEAPS of FF miles and we are planning a trip to St. Kitts for the cricket world series...IF we get tickets!! I'm glad you've at least popped in for a bit!! A hiatus is fine as long as yo haven't been cheating on us with another message board :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi! Yeah I took a hiatus. I think I just got tired of the same stuff. Anyways, nothing too exciting to report, marriage is good, went to Colorado, they still have big hills out there. Bought an Imac, it rocks, my dog has a slight limp right now, and I still have my same job. There now, you're all caught up. Have I missed anything exciting? It was that silly 'thank you to all visajourney members' email from Ewok that brought me back here. I need to do a little bit of research as well.

Those iMac commercials are awesome! B) Does it still only have one mouse button though?

Seems pretty much the same to me - a few more trolls maybe now n again (and I like playing with trolls on occasion, relieves the tedium of packing) but other than that.. 18.gif

Pretty much all of us who solely participate in O/T are trolls after a fashion, myself included. But I agree with you that this particular part of the forum has become rather more hostile of late - with topics being hijacked as a way of carrying on with private dislikes rather than discussing things in a polite or respectful manner.

What's happening now is somewhat dispiriting - with people creating new ID's all over the shop and then hiding behind them to post offensive and racially inflammatory information, that they wouldn't post on their regular ID, or for that matter, say in public.

Its disgusting and seems to be intended to ostracise and otherwise insult members of this community who happen to be of a particular religious and ethnic persuasion. There's really no justification for that.

Well I'm everywhere :lol:

I like to try and give back some of the advice I got when I first started on this road so I don't just hang in O/T (not that you lot are boring or nuffin' ;) lmao Lots of fun to be had in here)

I get your point about the hide n go seek multiple IDs tho - if I can't say something under THIS (well known) ID then it ain't worth sayin IMO. Either you (general you not you personally) have the courage of your convictions or you don't and if you don't - then 2.gif

:D

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Hi! Yeah I took a hiatus. I think I just got tired of the same stuff. Anyways, nothing too exciting to report, marriage is good, went to Colorado, they still have big hills out there. Bought an Imac, it rocks, my dog has a slight limp right now, and I still have my same job. There now, you're all caught up. Have I missed anything exciting? It was that silly 'thank you to all visajourney members' email from Ewok that brought me back here. I need to do a little bit of research as well.

Those iMac commercials are awesome! B) Does it still only have one mouse button though?

Yeah one button, but I'm already finding my finger glued to the control key on the keyboard, you hold that down and press the one button and walla, there's your right click info. It's gonna take some time getting used to it though. I have no clue how to find a word in an article. As in control F (find).

I love my job.

Seems pretty much the same to me - a few more trolls maybe now n again (and I like playing with trolls on occasion, relieves the tedium of packing) but other than that.. 18.gif

Pretty much all of us who solely participate in O/T are trolls after a fashion, myself included. But I agree with you that this particular part of the forum has become rather more hostile of late - with topics being hijacked as a way of carrying on with private dislikes rather than discussing things in a polite or respectful manner.

What's happening now is somewhat dispiriting - with people creating new ID's all over the shop and then hiding behind them to post offensive and racially inflammatory information, that they wouldn't post on their regular ID, or for that matter, say in public.

Its disgusting and seems to be intended to ostracise and otherwise insult members of this community who happen to be of a particular religious and ethnic persuasion. There's really no justification for that.

Well I'm everywhere :lol:

I like to try and give back some of the advice I got when I first started on this road so I don't just hang in O/T (not that you lot are boring or nuffin' ;) lmao Lots of fun to be had in here)

I get your point about the hide n go seek multiple IDs tho - if I can't say something under THIS (well known) ID then it ain't worth sayin IMO. Either you (general you not you personally) have the courage of your convictions or you don't and if you don't - then 2.gif

:D

I am glad to see that someone saw the point of this thread!!! Or at least part of it anyway lol.

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

What is the difference between an IMAC and an IBOOK. Are they the same? I saw a girl in the airport with one in the CUTEST carryiong case. It's small and cute and I really want one.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

I think I just got tired of the same stuff.

OK well, lots has changed here. We now have 1945 trolls instead of 1835. :thumbs:

Good to see most of the same fun people. Is Arijit still around? I need to catch up on whatever news there is out there that I haven't seen on cnn.

Edited by Ameristralian

I love my job.

Filed: Timeline

I think it's impossible that we all become the GETALONG GANG or summat...real life has it's disputes, and I act no differently on here than irl. It's how ppl react to it.

I don't think we should all have to walk on eggshells. Just say what you gotta say without trying to intentionally hurt someone, and then be done with it.

But as Karo said, it's a MB...I think perspective on that would be good.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah one button, but I'm already finding my finger glued to the control key on the keyboard, you hold that down and press the one button and walla, there's your right click info. It's gonna take some time getting used to it though. I have no clue how to find a word in an article. As in control F (find).

I know that if you hold down the button for some time, you have more options. But all the shortcuts that I'm used to on a PC are different. I used to use Mac's exclusively until I got into the industry that I'm in now and was forced to use a PC. But thank God for Apple to keep raising the bar in terms of features and performance. :yes:

What is the difference between an IMAC and an IBOOK. Are they the same? I saw a girl in the airport with one in the CUTEST carryiong case. It's small and cute and I really want one.

Imac is desktop, books are your laptops. I got last year's version of an Imac, which means it doesn't have an Intel chip, but that's ok with me...not enough software out there yet for the Intel Imac.

And sorry Laura and Ian for hijacking your thread. It was inevitable.

I love my job.

Dude...it's a message board...it's NOT the be all end all of our lives...and if it is, well, I'm sorry for you.

Why do we have to sit and ruminate about how it's changed and blah blah blah...it's A MESSAGE BOARD.....

good point. Everything was better in the olden days BTW.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I think I just got tired of the same stuff.

OK well, lots has changed here. We now have 1945 trolls instead of 1835. :thumbs:

Good to see most of the same fun people. Is Arijit still around? I need to catch up on whatever news there is out there that I haven't seen on cnn.

well let's just say, if you are looking for Arijit, then you'll like Gupt. :P

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord