korinalle

Got sent home from States and a question about affidant of support

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Finland
Timeline

Here is my story short: I met my bf 3 year go in a game. Summer 08 I went to see him as a friend and we fell in love. After that I spent my x-mas in the states. Then next time i went there in the beginning of summer 09. I took my bf whit me and we spent the summer here in finland. I was supposed to go back to his place for the autumn... but...

In the beginning of the summer i had a tourist visa aplication going on in the embassy. I was asking for permission to stay in the states for 6 months to see my bf and to get to know him better to decide if i wanted for real to marry him (this has been in our minds for longer period now). When we got back to finland they denied my visa based on the fact that i didn't have enough proof of coming back (aka i didn't have husband, house, kids or staedy workplace.. I'm a student).

ok so my visa got denied. No one told me there that i could not come to the states anymore whitout a visa. And even the ESTA aplication you do in the internet said that i could go. So i was hones in the green visa waiwer paper and told them that i had my visa denied.. Well ofcourse they took me, handcuffed me and took me to the airstation (we came to states whit a boat) and sent my bf home. (; _ ;)

They told me that they were not going to punish me, cos I had no idea i wasn't allowed in and i had been honest. They questioned me and wrote everything down. They gave me a paper that has the interview in it and told me that when i go get a visa I should show them those papers. Here is the question:

We are going to start aplying for the K-1 visa, should I include a copy of those papers into the first I-129f package? or show them in my embassy in the interview?

Then I have another case I would love to hear your opinnion in.. I read from these pages that if your american end fiance gets goverment benefits there is a likely bossibility not getting the visa..

" IF the US fiance has been on welfare or other

government benefits for a lifetime or has no plans to work actively, the consulate can still deny the visa based on

the likelihood that the foreign fiance will become a public charge. Just having a co-sponsor may not be sufficient.

An actual case has been documented wherein a fiance visa was denied because the petitioning fiance was on

government benefits and would not be working, even though the US fiance had two co-sponsors."

My bf has mental ilness that broke out some years ago. He has been living on the welfare after it broke out. He has been working before it and now he has been doing money in ebay for almoust a year and is trying to start "playing" whit stock markets. So he has plans on working and is doing it already, although he still gets the welfare moneys. We will get his parents and moust likely sisters and brothers as our co-sponsors. Do you people think that we will still get the visa? Will this be a the big issue that gets your visa denied and what should we do not to get it denied?

I'm totaly lost in my bad dreams and i really love all the people who had the time to read this trough and asver and hopefully relieve some of my nightmares...

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What did the papers say that you received? Did it mention anything like 'expedited removal"?

I am sorry for your situation

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Country: Finland
Timeline
What did the papers say that you received? Did it mention anything like 'expedited removal"?

I am sorry for your situation

Good luck.

I guess you mean the papers they gave me when i was returned?

No it doesn't say anything like that. it is just a record of sworn statement in administrative proceceeding.

Why?

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.