mrsemcee

Where is the depressed forum?

406 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What a wonderful thread!! Its a good way to see how we are all in the same boat! Its been 5 months since me and Nigel were with eachother however we're doing the k1 because he didnt want to be married and then just leave the country without his wife! Whatever I said. I have found a quote about patience that has helped me over this whole process, i'll share it:

“Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.”

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

What a wonderful thread!! Its a good way to see how we are all in the same boat! Its been 5 months since me and Nigel were with eachother however we're doing the k1 because he didnt want to be married and then just leave the country without his wife! Whatever I said. I have found a quote about patience that has helped me over this whole process, i'll share it:

"Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience."

ALLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My NVC AP buddy, Hi Honey!!! Nice to see you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

“Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.”

what a wonderful quote... patience... ugh... i need more of it hehe :)

Timeline

That quote has helped me big time, cause i cant stand to just sit on my butt and feel all bad, i gotta do something...clean something, throw stuff out..(hehe)i'm good at that....or go shopping, read books, talk to family...Nigel's family...etc...and get the next batch of papers ready, and ya,a bit of stewing away...lol...

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys...

I am not the most patient person ever -- but this past while -- I have finally learned it.

Not the worst thing that's happened to me...

:)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Good topic.

I can remember saying to my other half not long ago that "*you* can plan things for next month, meetings at work, what to do on the weekend. I can't plan anything. Immigration has sucked my life away" I had withdrawn from final year of uni, and feeling a lot of pressure. My kids were sort of arm flapping to visitors "Don't mention immigration" when they came in the house.... Everyone is fine about it, but I just could not really bear to discuss it. Very few folk understand. Hubby also said it was like being with a pregnant woman, cranky, moody etc, but he understood because doing this is rough. He has been consistent and sweet with me whatever. Including flying over for just two days for the interview. It was such a special day for us however it went. There have been a few really rotten times along the way, but they always picked up when we pulled together.

Anyways, a few days after approval I can say my brain has not rotted. I can read books still, and can even laugh at comedy movies. This stuff is really really hard. Very much underestimated. I feel like we can face anything together after having been through this. There is a real home waiting for me, and I can't wait to get there.

I just hope I never ever forget what that time felt like.

We got through it together.

Timeline

Sigh, this thread makes me tear up...all of it is SOOO true....and well, everyone's on VJ to talk about process, but where's the thread about bitching and being depressed and frustrated and impatient and sad...well here it is...can totally relate....and its good to have a place to talk about it, cause well, i think alot of people really dont want to hear it anymore...especially on my side...Nigel doesnt really say too much about it all....i dont know if anyone asks him over there....he's a real cool headed person...maybe its cause i'm a damn control freak...LOL.

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

oh. my. god. !!! i know how you feeeeel. i am co-dependant like a m*f* and cannot stand the fact that we're seperated. I just got back from the UK in Aug. 09. I've been living with my husband for a while and when we were together, we were literally attached at the hip. even though we had our own friends in the UK, we didn't do anything without each other. the epitome of inseperable. now - it's like going cold turkey. and i got the shakes. hahaha we havent sent the petition yet but are planning to in a couple of weeks. i don't know if we'll get ours done sooner because we've been married OVER 2 years so we're applying for IR-1 visa but regardless, we're prepared for the worst.

i know it's hard to face everyday situations without him (your fiance/spouse [for others that are reading this]) like going to the shops, buying groceries, watching a new movie or show on t.v., hanging out with friends or just having dinner - that and having an empty space next to me in bed (which my dog now occupies - how sad huh? haha) just bites. everyone tells me to consider this a vacation/holiday from each other because when we do get together, that's it! we're never seperating! haha. i'm thinking to myself "yeah, true, but you don't understand". i rather have him here more than anything.

unfortunately, i don't have a method or a specific way to cope. seeing as how i'm waiting two weeks before i start my new job (which will keep my mind busy), i'm really trying to keep busy in other ways. i am slowly but surely become a neat freak because i now clean CONSTANTLY .. we're talking morning til night, i've taken up pilates and yoga which has helped my confidence (i've lost two inches! woot woot!), i keep myself busy with this whole visa thing and hardcore preparation. i've been doing decorative art as well so our apartment will look incredibly awesome and hip when he comes to live with me. that's how i deal anyway... not say you should do the same but maybe consider it or do something along the lines.

we both know you'll be fine in the end but for now - deal as best you can and just plan things for when you do get to the states. we got lots of stuff here to keep you and hubby busy for days on end!!! when you do get here, i hope you have the best time!!!!!

Sigh, this thread makes me tear up...all of it is SOOO true....and well, everyone's on VJ to talk about process, but where's the thread about bitching and being depressed and frustrated and impatient and sad...well here it is...can totally relate....and its good to have a place to talk about it, cause well, i think alot of people really dont want to hear it anymore...especially on my side...Nigel doesnt really say too much about it all....i dont know if anyone asks him over there....he's a real cool headed person...maybe its cause i'm a damn control freak...LOL.

haha same here!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

This process is way harder than I ever imagined. It's like everyday a little but vital piece of me dies inside. I don't think my parents or friends really understand how hard it is. They keep telling me to cheer up. I just miss my husband so much and this 10.5 hour time difference is absolutely killing me. I sleep odd hours, I barely go out, I hate it. I just want to be able to see my baby.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

This process is way harder than I ever imagined. It's like everyday a little but vital piece of me dies inside. I don't think my parents or friends really understand how hard it is. They keep telling me to cheer up. I just miss my husband so much and this 10.5 hour time difference is absolutely killing me. I sleep odd hours, I barely go out, I hate it. I just want to be able to see my baby.

THE biggest fear I have is not where we will interview at, it is AP. MENA men are not stranger to AP after the interview.

This is the fear that haunts me most.

Truly happy!!!

im the same. we have a 16 hour time difference though.. its terrible... ugh.

i am the furthest away someone could get. unless they were from new zealand!! or the antarctic hahahah...

oh guys, good news, i sent the DS230 today.. now i just sit back and wait for case complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im the same. we have a 16 hour time difference though.. its terrible... ugh.

i am the furthest away someone could get. unless they were from new zealand!! or the antarctic hahahah...

oh guys, good news, i sent the DS230 today.. now i just sit back and wait for case complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
THE biggest fear I have is not where we will interview at, it is AP. MENA men are not stranger to AP after the interview.

yeah same here :(

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

yeah same here :(

Excuse my American/French/Algerian/Texas lanuguage, friggin blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AP = Additional Pain.

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.