Confusedgal

Bringing my daughter to US

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. I arrived in US with a K-1 visa and married my petitioner within 90 days and now I'm applying for my adjustment of status here. I have a 5 yrs old daughter left in my home country and I am planning to go back home next year to get her and travel back here in US with me. Do i need to file another petition for her? My one year after my K-1 visa approval will end June 2010. I declared her to my I-129 and checked the "to Follow" option. Pls help me understand this situation.. Thanks

Hi. I arrived in US with a K-1 visa and married my petitioner within 90 days and now I'm applying for my adjustment of status here. I have a 5 yrs old daughter left in my home country and I am planning to go back home next year to get her and travel back here in US with me. Do i need to file another petition for her? My one year after my K-1 visa approval will end June 2010. I declared her to my I-129 and checked the "to Follow" option. Pls help me understand this situation.. Thanks

If she was listed in your I-129 then you can go back and get her before June 2010.that way you don't need to start another petition for her which what i did and regretted so much.

Timeline

If she was listed in your I-129 then you can go back and get her before June 2010.that way you don't need to start another petition for her which what i did and regretted so much.

How about the I-130 Theyre talking about? do i still need her to take for medical and set an interview date for the Us consul? I'm planning to fly back home April 2010 just to get her. what steps do i need to make for that to happen? Thanks

Edited by Confusedgal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

How about the I-130 Theyre talking about? do i still need her to take for medical and set an interview date for the Us consul? I'm planning to fly back home April 2010 just to get her. what steps do i need to make for that to happen? Thanks

Is your daughter free from the biological father do come here? As I have stated above in another post, we took care of all that stuff before we got married, and my step daughter came here with my wife, she couldn't leave her alone and I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides all the legal expenses to free my not even a step daughter yet, full immigration fees, just like my wife applied. Guess I was really in love with my wife, still am, met a woman that I fully trusted, still do. After my terrible divorce, never thought I could ever trust a woman again, man, did I get creamed. Paid all that off and built up quite a bank account, so did have the money to handle all these legal fees.

It was very fortunate my kids accepted and love their step mom, and my in-laws love me, but was quite a trial for both of us to get together.

Timeline

Is your daughter free from the biological father do come here? As I have stated above in another post, we took care of all that stuff before we got married, and my step daughter came here with my wife, she couldn't leave her alone and I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides all the legal expenses to free my not even a step daughter yet, full immigration fees, just like my wife applied. Guess I was really in love with my wife, still am, met a woman that I fully trusted, still do. After my terrible divorce, never thought I could ever trust a woman again, man, did I get creamed. Paid all that off and built up quite a bank account, so did have the money to handle all these legal fees.

It was very fortunate my kids accepted and love their step mom, and my in-laws love me, but was quite a trial for both of us to get together.

My daughter is living with my sister right now. And, im not married to her biological father. Right now i still have year to get her before my i-129 expire that will be due on june 2010.. im just confused what proper step to get her before one yr expire since i already submitted all the documents during my interview in US embassy before

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

I had the same query before about my 6yrs old daughter...

If she was included on the I129 petition, you can just call the embassy to schedule her for an interview before the anniversary of your K1 visa. That's what I did, after calling them for like 5x or more :blush: they sent a letter of appointment for my daughter, then she will need to do medical also.

My daughter had her interview last Oct 1 and was approved, we are just waiting now for her visa validity so we can decide when to pick her up.

I hope I was able to help you.

Good luck.

My daughter is living with my sister right now. And, im not married to her biological father. Right now i still have year to get her before my i-129 expire that will be due on june 2010.. im just confused what proper step to get her before one yr expire since i already submitted all the documents during my interview in US embassy before

Timeline
Hi!

If she was included on the I129 petition, you can just call the embassy to schedule her for an interview before the anniversary of your K1 visa. That's what I did, after calling them for like 5x or more :blush: they sent a letter of appointment for my daughter, then she will need to do medical also.

My daughter had her interview last Oct 1 and was approved, we are just waiting now for her visa validity so we can decide when to pick her up.

Good luck.

Thank u, so that means, once i arrive in Phil i need to call the US Embassy as soon as possible to set her visa appoinment and also bring her for her medical? Am i still going to present the notice of approval of my i-129 in St. luke? Or its okay to just bring her and her passport? And also, what is the only paper that i need to bring inside the US embassy? Is it the visa appointment only and the ds-156 and 157? Sorry im so dumb when it comes to this...

Timeline

Hi there,

Just make sure that you will call them like 2-3mos before your k1 visa expiry.

You just have to ready your MNL case number when you call. Then tell them that you want to schedule your daughter for an appointment k2 visa interview.

Then on her medical, you will need that NVC letter or that letter of appointment from Manila embassy you had before.

On my daughter's interview, I prepared the following;

- DS 156, 2 copies

- DS 157, 2 copies(pay at Banco de Oro and have it validated)

- Birth Certificate of your child

- Marriage contract

- Birth Certificate of the mother(in case they will ask)

- Affidavit of Support, Form I-134

o 2008 Form 1040 and W2

o 2007 Form 1040 and W2

o Pay Stubs

o Retirement Savings Plan

- Approval notice for I-129F (k1/k2 visa)

- Petitioner’s passport copy

- Your passport copy with K1 visa and entry stamp to the US

- Adjustment of Status to permanent residence documents

- Pictures as evidence of prior meeting and relationship( you and your child, and also with your hubby )

That's it... She was plainly asked who were in the pictures... She was accompanied by my mother. Said it was a smooth interview.

I hope that helps you :star:

Hi!

Good luck.

Thank u, so that means, once i arrive in Phil i need to call the US Embassy as soon as possible to set her visa appoinment and also bring her for her medical? Am i still going to present the notice of approval of my i-129 in St. luke? Or its okay to just bring her and her passport? And also, what is the only paper that i need to bring inside the US embassy? Is it the visa appointment only and the ds-156 and 157? Sorry im so dumb when it comes to this...

Timeline
Hi there,

Just make sure that you will call them like 2-3mos before your k1 visa expiry.

You just have to ready your MNL case number when you call. Then tell them that you want to schedule your daughter for an appointment k2 visa interview.

Then on her medical, you will need that NVC letter or that letter of appointment from Manila embassy you had before.

On my daughter's interview, I prepared the following;

- DS 156, 2 copies

- DS 157, 2 copies(pay at Banco de Oro and have it validated)

- Birth Certificate of your child

- Marriage contract

- Birth Certificate of the mother(in case they will ask)

- Affidavit of Support, Form I-134

o 2008 Form 1040 and W2

o 2007 Form 1040 and W2

o Pay Stubs

o Retirement Savings Plan

- Approval notice for I-129F (k1/k2 visa)

- Petitioner’s passport copy

- Your passport copy with K1 visa and entry stamp to the US

- Adjustment of Status to permanent residence documents

- Pictures as evidence of prior meeting and relationship( you and your child, and also with your hubby )

That's it... She was plainly asked who were in the pictures... She was accompanied by my mother. Said it was a smooth interview.

I hope that helps you :star:

Hi!

Good luck.

Yes thank u,,, now atleast i have idea what to do and bring during her interview..i still have copies of all my documents before... Thanks a lot God bless

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Will the USEM ask to provide something when the child's Birth Ceritificate doesn't have his bio father's name?

Is that going to be an issue?

I'm not married to my daughter's bio father, he is not listed in my daughter's b.c, its just says N/A.

Also, I am the only one who signed the Affidavit of Acknowledgement/Admission of Paternity.

Now, my USC husband wants to file I-130 for my daughter/his stepchild 6yr old in the Phils. while I'm in the AOS process.

Is it ok to file it now eventhough I'm still not approved yet?

Edited by cHiQy

Married 2007, Husband became USC 06/2009,

I became a LPR 11/2009

IR-2 for USC's stepdaughter (my daughter) TIMELINE :

03/22/10 - Sent I-130 to Chicago, IL

03/23/10 - Received & Signed by R Mercado

03/31/10 - NOA1 Date

04/02/10 - Check cashed

04/05/10 - Received NOA1

05/03/10 - Touched

05/04/10 - Touched

05/05/10 - Touched/Received Approval Message (email&text) 44 days!!!

05/06/10 - Touched/Status says Approval Notice Sent on 05/05/10

05/07/10 - Case # Assigned

05/10/10 - Received NOA2

05/12/10 - DS3032/AOS Fee Bill Received (email)

05/12/10 - Sent DS3032 via email & Paid AOS Fee Bill

05/16/10 - AOS Fee Bill Payment Status is PAID

05/17/10 - DS3032 Accepted/DS230 Fee Bill Received/Sent AOS Packet

06/09/10 - Checklist Cover Letter Received by email (to pay&send DS230, & RFE for AOS)

06/23/10 - Sent RFE for AOS

06/30/10 - NVC Received RFE Response as per AVR

07/02/10 - Paid IV fee bill

07/13/10 - Sent DS230

07/14/10 - Packet received as per USPS

08/12/10 - AOS Accepted

08/17/10 - Sign in fail

08/18/10 - Called NVC, operator told me that our case will be sent to USEM

08/23/10 - Case received at USEM

08/24/10 - USEM gave Interview Date : September 17 @ 7:15am

09/17/10 - APPROVED

10/14/10 - POE at WAS, USA

N-400 for Me

01/09/13 - Sent to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville, TX)

01/15/13 - Check Cashed and NOA date

01/28/13 - Biometrics Appointment (DONE)

01/30/13 - Email received "In line for Interview Scheduling"

Timeline

Wasn't your daughter included on the K1 petition?

My daughter's BC has N/A on the father's info too... No questions asked on it... Just say she was abandoned since she was born. We just presented that BC.

Will the USEM ask to provide something when the child's Birth Ceritificate doesn't have his bio father's name?

I'm not married to my daughter's bio father, he is not listed in my daughter's b.c, its just says N/A.

Also, I am the only one who signed the Affidavit of Acknowledgement/Admission of Paternity.

Now, my USC husband wants to file I-130 for my daughter/his stepchild 6yr old in the Phils. while I'm in the AOS process.

Timeline

yes coz its a separate petition..

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are also trying to get our son who will follow on the K2, and he was on our 129F. My question is did you have to get a passport for your daughter?

Hi!

Good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We are also trying to get our son who will follow on the K2, and he was on our 129F. My question is did you have to get a passport for your daughter?

Yes, a passport for the child is needed...

YMMV

Timeline

yes coz its a separate petition..

yes u will need passport for ur son my daughter have a passpor t00

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.