wiz1205

Backup Information Package Lost!

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

My wife just passed her medical checkup in Manila. Her CR1 interview is scheduled for this coming Monday, Oct 5. (Assuming we won't be hit by another typhoon in Manila =(..).

We've hit a bump in the road on our way to the finish line. The post office lost a package that contained all of the backup information we prepared from the beginning of the whole visa process. Contents included: I-129F, I-130, G-325A, DS-230, NOA1, NOA2, yearly IRS tax information, bank statements, paystubs, proof of employment, and proof of relationship that we originally filed with her I-130. All of the forms are COPIES and a backup to the original documents.

All of the original documents were provided to the NVC. So I assume that they embassy would have all of this now. My question is now how important did that backup info package play a part in the interview process? Of course, we are a little bit worried since it took us quite a lot of time to compile the information.

Secondly, rather than panicking, we are preparing additional information for the interview. The new backup information will include new pictures of us, current email correspondence, recent phone logs, her bank statements with transfers I've made from the US, my paystubs, my passport/birth certificate copies, and our upcoming honeymoon reservations.

With that, do you all have any suggestions on what further documents and evidence we will need to prepare for her Monday interview?

Really thanks so much guys! This forum has been a blessing!

Andy

Personally,,, I think you will be fine... I was there for the interviews... Close enough to here the questions and documentation request for the pre-interview and actually present and questioned during the Consular interview. They did not ask for any documents we submitted to the NVC. Asked for a bit of bonafide relationship stuff during the pre-interview.

Regarding the "LOST MAIL"... I sent a package via US Postal Service using a priority flat rate envelope. It did not arrive in 30 days,, I asked at our post office.. The postal worker said,,, these packages go through customs at the destination. When I told her the Philippines,, she, said, "Usually they have a 30-45 delay getting through customs...

Sure enough package showed up around 40 days.

Bottom line here... Use an overnight courier like DHL/Fedex... They will walk it through customs,,, However it will cost 4 times as much.

Regards,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hindsight can bite you - I scanned in everything as I was making copies - have electronic versions stored in 3 places (my computer, her computer, an internet storage site ), then made 3 full copies - one to Dad, one with me, one at bank lockbox.

In addition to what you've already regenerated, I suggest to revisit the I-864, just for completeness or IF a new tax year came up since the original I-864 submittal.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hi everyone!

My wife just passed her medical checkup in Manila. Her CR1 interview is scheduled for this coming Monday, Oct 5. (Assuming we won't be hit by another typhoon in Manila =(..).

We've hit a bump in the road on our way to the finish line. The post office lost a package that contained all of the backup information we prepared from the beginning of the whole visa process. Contents included: I-129F, I-130, G-325A, DS-230, NOA1, NOA2, yearly IRS tax information, bank statements, paystubs, proof of employment, and proof of relationship that we originally filed with her I-130. All of the forms are COPIES and a backup to the original documents.

All of the original documents were provided to the NVC. So I assume that they embassy would have all of this now. My question is now how important did that backup info package play a part in the interview process? Of course, we are a little bit worried since it took us quite a lot of time to compile the information.

Secondly, rather than panicking, we are preparing additional information for the interview. The new backup information will include new pictures of us, current email correspondence, recent phone logs, her bank statements with transfers I've made from the US, my paystubs, my passport/birth certificate copies, and our upcoming honeymoon reservations.

With that, do you all have any suggestions on what further documents and evidence we will need to prepare for her Monday interview?

Really thanks so much guys! This forum has been a blessing!

Andy

technically, the embassy will only ask for documents required of a K1 visa applicant that's why the packet that you sent for the 129-f is just considered back up. but sometimes, pre-screeners will ask for more copies of what you already sent for verification (and whatever other reason they may give) so saying that it was already sent is no use (not acceptable to them most of the time) so it's usually safest to have a copy of everything that they might ask for (again)

i always mention the experience of a fellow applicant who just handed a pre-screener a copy of her fiance's 1040, only to be called again after 15 minutes because the doc was misplaced by the same pre-screener.

if you can, have your fiancee file an affidavit of loss explaining what happened, just in case a doc they will ask for is among those in the packet lost by the post office.

good idea that she will bring whatever new proofs/evidence you have at the moment.

you're lucky if they don't ask for any doc other than visa requirements, but if they do and you don't have it, it could result in a big hassle and delay? not worth it.

applicants choose to bring the kilo upon kilo of back up docs to avoid giving the embassy a reason to delay visa approval.

good luck and god bless!

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You might want to watch your credit report closely for the next whatever amount of months. Those documents would likely provide more than enough information to steal your identity.

You can put a lock on your credit.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Thanks for the advice. I was able to find some electronic copies of the forms we submitted to the NVC. I'll include that info plus new pay stubs, new tax information, and new bonifide evidence of an ongoing relationship. Hopefully that would be sufficient for the interview. I just hope everything will work out! Thanks again!!!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that my wife passed her interview yesterday! Finally the long process is done.

Just on a side note, all the new information that we included proved to be very helpful. The prescreener asked for my current W-2 statements which she had. He also checked our new correspondence and pictures. Other than that, nothing else was asked for.

Good luck to everyone!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that my wife passed her interview yesterday! Finally the long process is done.

Just on a side note, all the new information that we included proved to be very helpful. The prescreener asked for my current W-2 statements which she had. He also checked our new correspondence and pictures. Other than that, nothing else was asked for.

Good luck to everyone!!

Congratulations. :dance: Glad everything turned out OK.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.