johnnybgood265

No more sending of the packet 3 to fiance

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know why the embassy in the philippines does not send out the Forms and Checklist sent to foreign Beneficiary (Fiance/e). (packet 3) anymore ? I called the embassy last night to see if they have recieved our case and they did but i was waiting for them to send something to my fiance. So if you were waiting , dont because they changed this process. This should also be changed on the visa journeys flow chart. Thanks

2010.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

" MARRIED"

Thanks be to god

49893.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Does anyone know why the embassy in the philippines does not send out the Forms and Checklist sent to foreign Beneficiary (Fiance/e). (packet 3) anymore ? I called the embassy last night to see if they have recieved our case and they did but i was waiting for them to send something to my fiance. So if you were waiting , dont because they changed this process. This should also be changed on the visa journeys flow chart. Thanks

form what I hear some Embassy send a packet 3 some do not. I guess that is how they save moneyby making you download it and return but the good thing is you can download it early and have everything completed before the embassy get it so this will speed it up.

Oct. 2008 met Sa on Thaikisses and started chatting

Nov. Started daily phone calls

Dec. 2008 started dating (Boyfriend/ Girlfriend)

May 5, 2009 May 11, 2009 Trip to Thailand

July 2009 Engaged

Aug 2009 started I-129F

Sept 22, 2009 mailed I-129F

Sept 24, 2009 check cashed

Sept 24, 2009 NOA 1 Dated

Sept 27, 2009 NOA 1 received (Hardcopy)

Dec. 18, 2009 NOA 2 Dated(no email)

Dec. 24, 2009 NOA 2 Hardcopy

Dec. 28, 2009 NVC received but not sent to Embassy

Dec. 28, 2009 Sa maied Packet 3 to Embassy

Dec. 29, 2009 NVC forward to Bangkok, Embassy. Tracking by DHL

Jan. 03, 2010 Received by Bangkok Embassy

Jan. 06, 2010 Received email from embassy interview is set for Jan22.

Jan. 22, 2010 Interview at BKK Embassy passed

Jan. 27, 2010 Picked up Visa

Its not about how you pick your nose its what you do with the booger!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Call the embassy 888 phone number, it's an automated system and kinda screwy, it says "for english press 2" and pressing 2 basically tells you "we don't do that" and hangs up. Try to do a 3-way conference with your fiancee online to listen and translate the taglish.

Call the 888 number and press 3. Then you have to put in a credit card number to get a PIC code. The pin code is good for 3 phone calls and costs $18. Once you get to a human give the NVC case number and answer thier questions. Once your confirmed and given your financee's email (she is required to have one) then take this time to set up an appointment. The appointment letter will be e-mailed to her with all the information she needs on documents that are required.

They don't mail out the packets any more. Make sure you set the appointment at least a week after the medical exam. You don't really need an appointment for the medical exam - just show up at St Lukes on the right days. it takes 2 days to do.

There is also a "Pre-Departure Seminar" the fiancee will have to attend before flying out also - must e done after the Visa is received and before they fly out. We're just a couple weeks ahead of you in schedule (She just finished her medical exam today! Interviiew on 8th)

Charles and Rhean

I-129F

02-xx-2008 Met online on MyForeignBride.com

03-21-2009 Travelled to Philippines to meet

03-31-2009 Sent out I -129F by FedEx

04-01-2009 NOA 1

08-31-2009 NOA 2 (what a long wait!)

09-04-2009 NVC received I-129F

09-11-2009 Embassy received I-129F

09-30-2009 Medical exam passed

10-08-2009 Interview passed - 3 mintues!

10-08-2009 - 10-14-2009 - Stuck in Manila from typhoon / mudslides in Baguio!

10-20-2009 Travel to USA! Finally here - not even mother nature can keep us apart!

10-22-2009 Apply for SSN

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is essentially packet 3 for the manila embassy .... when you call to set up your interview date they will give you this website address ... really it is a nice fast and efficient way of doing this process in my opinion, if you know about it ahead of time anyway. You will not send anything in to the Manila embassy... she will bring all the required documents listed in the address below to the interview.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf

Hope this helps ... good luck!

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.