wratran

HCM vietnam package 4

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I got a copy of the HCM package 4 from this forum. We havent receive the actual package 4 yet...just planning ahead.

Package 4 indicate to submit DS230 part I again.

We already send back DS230 and DS2001 with package 3 requirements.

Is this correct to do it again?

Linh & Ngan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

you will submit the whole DS 230 at the interview.. for pkt 4 dont sign the last page...

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
you will submit the whole DS 230 at the interview.. for pkt 4 dont sign the last page...

Thans for the info...

Did not know about not signing the last page of DS230. The only form they tell you not to sign is DS156K. It is very confusing.

Under the Affidavit of support..I-134...

it does not mentioned bank letter or employer letter. Is it still required?

I have tax transcript. and I met the poverty guideline.

Only last year tax transcript is required...is this also correct?

Linh & Ngan

Timeline

Thans for the info...

Did not know about not signing the last page of DS230. The only form they tell you not to sign is DS156K. It is very confusing.

It actually tells you this on the form itself. On the last page, just above the box where the signature will eventually go: DO NOT SIGN this form until instructed to do so by the consular officer

Under the Affidavit of support..I-134...

it does not mentioned bank letter or employer letter. Is it still required?

I have tax transcript. and I met the poverty guideline.

Bank letter is not required, unless there is a reason to show deposits (e.g., you're self employed and your taxable income is low, but your gross income is high). Employer letter is not required, and some employers won't give one, but if you can get one then it wouldn't hurt to include it. If you don't have the employer letter then it would probably be a good idea to include recent pay stubs to demonstrate you're still working.

Only last year tax transcript is required...is this also correct?

Yes, but you can include more if you have them.

The thing about the I-134 affidavit of support is that it's up the CO what threshold to apply. If you're well above the 125% threshold (like 2x or 3x the minimum) then you'll probably be fine with only last year's tax transcript. The closer you are to the threshold, the more evidence they might want to show that you will continue to have steady income that meets the requirements for the foreseeable future. HCM is one consulate where you don't want to barely squeak by on any of the requirements.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

we are writing the timeline for the interview (pkg 4). We already submit a timeline for the I129F...but its only a brief outline of my trip....not the whole relationship timeframe.....so we are rewriting it for the interivew...

This time around, does it matter who signed or notarized the time line...petitioner or benefinciary?

My fiance speak and write english very well...so i helped her to correct a few wording.

At the moment, we have the timeline is under her name.

Where can she get it notorrized in HCM?.

The timeline cover letter is in english. Will the local notarized it?

Edited by wratran

Linh & Ngan

Timeline
we are writing the timeline for the interview (pkg 4). We already submit a timeline for the I129F...but its only a brief outline of my trip....not the whole relationship timeframe.....so we are rewriting it for the interivew...

This time around, does it matter who signed or notarized the time line...petitioner or benefinciary?

My fiance speak and write english very well...so i helped her to correct a few wording.

At the moment, we have the timeline is under her name.

Where can she get it notorrized in HCM?.

The timeline cover letter is in english. Will the local notarized it?

The timeline isn't a strict requirement at the consulate in HCM, but they frequently ask for it after initially denying the visa at the interview. This has become common knowledge, so people have started to include the timeline before the interview. When the consulate asks for a timeline, they specifically want it to be written and signed by the petitioner, and notarized.

If you need a notary in HCM that the consulate will accept, you can use the consulate itself. The US Citizen Services unit at the consulate provides notary services.

Bear in mind that some people have tried to include a timeline with the documents submitted just before the interview, and it wasn't accepted. Some have said that they insisted the timeline be accepted with the other documents, and managed to get the employee to accept it. Others have been given a blue slip asking for the timeline. When they told the CO they had the timeline with them, the CO told them to bring it back on the date indicated on the blue slip. Other than including a timeline with the petition, a reliable method for getting a timeline in the hands of the CO at the interview hasn't really been nailed down yet. This is a fairly new tactic, and we're still trying to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Timeline

When we submitted the I-129F, our attorney recomended putting the timeline together. Luckily, we submitted the timeline of how we got engaged and the actual engagement party. Hopefully, the CO will see this timeline. It is in the original petition. It's not the whole timeline...from beginning to end...but just the week that i visit vietnam.

I am thinking of re-naming the timeline package as "Evidence of Relationship". Because pkg4 ask for it specially, the employee have to accept it.

Anyone that has an interview recently...(last 2 or 3 month)...please give feedback.

Edited by wratran

Linh & Ngan

Timeline
When we submitted the I-129F, our attorney recomended putting the timeline together. Luckily, we submitted the timeline of how we got engaged and the actual engagement party. Hopefully, the CO will see this timeline. It is in the original petition. It's not the whole timeline...from beginning to end...but just the week that i visit vietnam.

I am thinking of re-naming the timeline package as "Evidence of Relationship". Because pkg4 ask for it specially, the employee have to accept it.

Anyone that has an interview recently...(last 2 or 3 month)...please give feedback.

Unfortunately, the employee does not have to accept it. Here's how it works...

The beneficiary will be given a number. The beneficiary will be called up to the window by number fairly early to present documents to a consulate employee. They'll take the forms and other documents that are requested, and then the beneficiary will be told to wait. Some time later, the beneficiary will be called up again for the actual interview with the CO. The CO may or may not ask to see evidence of a relationship. If they do, then they'll ask for specific evidence, and not a package of evidence. For example, the beneficiary may be asked if an engagement ceremony took place. If the beneficiary responds "yes", then the CO may ask to see pictures of the ceremony. If you hand them a timeline along with the pictures, they'll likely toss it back and say that's not what they asked for. That's why the beneficiary needs to have the evidence organized so that they can get the specific evidence they requested quickly. The beneficiary may be able to get the CO to take the timeline at some point during the interview - this approach hasn't been tested by VJ members - but most who've tried to submit the timeline after being handed the blue slip have been rejected.

The only opportunity to submit the timeline is when the employee takes the other documents, like the DS-156, I-134, etc. This is where many people have said the employee refuses the timeline. A few have said they insisted the employee take it, saying that it WAS needed by the CO, and this worked for them. Since you included a timeline with your petition, your fiancee could inform the employee that this is an updated document that was included in the petition, like the updated letters of intent, and that it should be given to the CO. Let me know if that works and I'll have my fiancee do the same thing. :)

Timeline

that is very good tips. I will try that route.

We should get our pkg 4 by the end of the week. So interview is about a couple of month away...november/december time range.

For the time being, I will label the timeline as "Evidence of Relationship - Pre-engagement"....then another timeline for post-engagement. I had inserted some pictures into the timeline using MS Word....so each photo has a caption.

So when the CO ask for evidence, my fiance will hand him the few pages of the timeline....with the pictures already in there. Human nature said CO will flip thru it because she saw pictures of us. If CO need more pic, then she will bring out the stack of photos.

I hope this route work...will keep everyone inform...

Linh & Ngan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Call it what it is: Relationship Timeline. No need to give it a confusing name.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.