marriedtomrg

Passed the medical and got my NBI Clearance from Carriedo :)

23 posts in this topic

Hello peeps. :)

Went to NBI Carriedo (called ahead to find out if their area was flooded) yesterday, arrived before 8:00 a.m. There was a long line outside, but it was moving quickly. You have to pay Php 20 for a stub (don't lose it) before you enter. Once inside you have to go to a booth to get an application form (for new applicants, those with corrections on their NBI clearance --- such as change in civil status), the lady who gives you the form will stamp your stub.

For those like me who are in a 2nd marriage, ask for an NBI Clearance with an a.k.a. notation (also known as). The US Embassy requires an NBI Clearance with all the names you were and are known by.

If you are there for renewal, no need to get an application form. Fill up the form and then go to the cashier to pay your fee. Go up the next floor for the following steps: data checking, quick search and image capture. At data checking, the lady will collect your stub. You must show them a valid ID with your picture and your signature. Never leave home without one. At quick search, if there is a hit on your name, they will ask you to come back after 2 days.

Otherwise, if there are no hits on your name, go get your picture taken. When you're done, go up the next floor for the following steps: fingerprinting, registering, then releasing of the certificate. At fingerprinting, you can buy little bits of wet ones to help remove the ink from your fingers (Php 2.00 each).

I wasn't there very long...only about an hour. :)

We received our medical receipts, vaccination records and x-ray CDs after waiting at SLMCEC yesterday from about 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

When Pippo and I arrived, the guard at the front door punched in her PDS (Patient Data Sheet) number and it said Immunization 2nd Floor. I was so happy. Called my husband and the first thing I said to him was..."Boy, are you in trouble now." :D lol He said "Oh no...both of you are coming here now?" It was a happy, happy thing.

What wasn't so happy was how long we waited to get our shots (we must have waited over 3 hours for that), and how long we waited to get the receipts, the vaccination records and the x-ray CDs (Pippo's was released around 2pm, mine close to 6pm because I was called twice to the window by one of the ladies at their Editing/Quality Control section to confirm certain entries on my medical report). We didn't eat lunch till like 4pm...although the lady at the Immunization Room did tell us we could eat after getting our shots...I didn't realize how much of a wait we were going to be in. My poor Pippo...we were both so hungry. There is a small Chinese restaurant up the street from where the clinic was...in front of the now closed Pork Avenue (Pippo laughed when she saw the sign), we had lunch there.

Wish the rest of the staff had given us fair warning about how much longer we had to wait. I was hoping to get back to the office, but those plans went out the window very quickly. Even more frustrating was that there were a lot of people yesterday but only 3, 4 or 5 people at the Releasing Counter processing clients. They have windows from A to M, for heaven's sake...what a waste of resources. And they know Mondays and Tuesdays are busy...you would think they would add more personnel at the windows to process more people faster.

A word to the wise...on your 2nd/3rd/last day, whenever you get your vaccines, go out and eat after that. Because you will be waiting a very, very long time at the Releasing Counter. Their sign says you will NOT be processed according to first-come, first served basis, but depending on your results. in my case, aside from being called to the window twice, before they even brought Pippo's records to the ground floor, I was called back up the 2nd floor because they forgot to have me sign one of the forms re: Pippo's TST findings.

Good luck on this leg of the journey! :)

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats and good luck for the rest of your visa journey! :)

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Went to NBI Carriedo (called ahead to find out if their area was flooded) yesterday, arrived before 8:00 a.m. There was a long line outside, but it was moving quickly. You have to pay Php 20 for a stub (don't lose it) before you enter. Once inside you have to go to a booth to get an application form (for new applicants, those with corrections on their NBI clearance --- such as change in civil status), the lady who gives you the form will stamp your stub.

For those like me who are in a 2nd marriage, ask for an NBI Clearance with an a.k.a. notation (also known as). The US Embassy requires an NBI Clearance with all the names you were and are known by.

If you are there for renewal, no need to get an application form. Fill up the form and then go to the cashier to pay your fee. Go up the next floor for the following steps: data checking, quick search and image capture. At data checking, the lady will collect your stub. You must show them a valid ID with your picture and your signature. Never leave home without one. At quick search, if there is a hit on your name, they will ask you to come back after 2 days.

Otherwise, if there are no hits on your name, go get your picture taken. When you're done, go up the next floor for the following steps: fingerprinting, registering, then releasing of the certificate. At fingerprinting, you can buy little bits of wet ones to help remove the ink from your fingers (Php 2.00 each).

We received our medical receipts, vaccination records and x-ray CDs after waiting at SLMCEC yesterday from about 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

When Pippo and I arrived, the guard at the front door punched in her PDS (Patient Data Sheet) number and it said Immunization 2nd Floor. I was so happy. Called my husband and the first thing I said to him was..."Boy, are you in trouble now." :D lol He said "Oh no...both of you are coming here now?" It was a happy, happy thing.

What wasn't so happy was how long we waited to get our shots (we must have waited over 3 hours for that), and how long we waited to get the receipts, the vaccination records and the x-ray CDs (Pippo's was released around 2pm, mine close to 6pm because I was called twice to the window by one of the ladies at their Editing/Quality Control section to confirm certain entries on my medical report). We didn't eat lunch till like 4pm...although the lady at the Immunization Room did tell us we could eat after getting our shots...I didn't realize how much of a wait we were going to be in. My poor Pippo...we were both so hungry. There is a small Chinese restaurant up the street from where the clinic was...in front of the now closed Pork Avenue (Pippo laughed when she saw the sign), we had lunch there.

Wish the rest of the staff had given us fair warning about how much longer we had to wait. I was hoping to get back to the office, but those plans went out the window very quickly. Even more frustrating was that there were a lot of people yesterday but only 3, 4 or 5 people at the Releasing Counter processing clients. They have windows from A to M, for heaven's sake...what a waste of resources. And they know Mondays and Tuesdays are busy...you would think they would add more personnel at the windows to process more people faster.

A word to the wise...on your 2nd/3rd/last day, whenever you get your vaccines, go out and eat after that. Because you will be waiting a very, very long time at the Releasing Counter. Their sign says you will NOT be processed according to first-come, first served basis, but depending on your results. in my case, aside from being called to the window twice, before they even brought Pippo's records to the ground floor, I was called back up the 2nd floor because they forgot to have me sign one of the forms re: Pippo's TST findings.

congrats...wish you all the best in your interview...

even you waited for a long time in slec but its still worth the wait because you passed....reading your post made me remember the feeling of the second day of the medical because thats when you will know if you pass or not... and yeah i experienced being hungry too and cant even go out coz i was waiting for my immunization...

God bless you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All the best

JNR

:dance::thumbs: all the best in ur last step... bring home the pink!!!!
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Thanks guys. :)

I tell you, I really lost my sense of humor after waiting so long. But when it was over and I heard my husband's sympathetic voice on the phone, I felt much better.

This weekend I am organizing all my documents and forms. After that I just want to forget about it for a while. lol

Hope all our October interviewees bring home the PINK!

God bless us all. :innocent:

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I tell you, I really lost my sense of humor after waiting so long. But when it was over and I heard my husband's sympathetic voice on the phone, I felt much better.

This weekend I am organizing all my documents and forms. After that I just want to forget about it for a while. lol

Congratulations!!! :D

Quick question though..

I have an NBI clearance but it's a "seawoman's" NBI clearance since I was supposed to work as a crew purser aboard a luxury cruise ship a few months ago but I turned down the job.

Do I just renew it and tell them to give me a different type or am I required to repeat the entire process?

Thanks!

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

Congratulations!

Your post is very informative. I need to know these info as I am planning to get my NBI clearance and have the medical exam in SLMEC soon. Are food and drinks allowed inside SLMEC clinic? Im thinking of bringing bottled water and food (maybe cookies) with me when I go there.

Hi! I am very happy about the result of your medical. I know you will bring home the PINK!

May 20, 2009 - I-130 sent

Aug. 21, 2009 - I-130 APPROVED

Sept. 01, 2009 - NVC received & case# assigned

Oct. 19, 2009 - Log-in FAILED (YEPEE!!!!)

Oct. 20, 2009 - Case COMPLETE!!! (confirmed by the NVC operator)

Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview Date assign(By NVC operator)

Nov. 16-17, 2009 - Medical PASSED

Dec. 04, 2009 - INTERVIEW(APPROVED!!!)

Dec. 08, 2009 - Visa pick-up at the Embassy

Dec. 16, 2009 - CFO

Dec. 19, 2009 - My Flight - POE (JFK New York) via NWA

Thank you Lord for guiding me in this journey.

rakl65w7x.png

Timeline
Congratulations!

Your post is very informative. I need to know these info as I am planning to get my NBI clearance and have the medical exam in SLMEC soon. Are food and drinks allowed inside SLMEC clinic? Im thinking of bringing bottled water and food (maybe cookies) with me when I go there.

I believe you're allowed to bring food and beverage as long as it's in your bag though you shouldn't eat or drink anything 8 hours prior to the blood test. :D

When do you intend to get yours? I'll get mine next week! The Taft branch since my cousin works there. Harhar.

K-1 TIMELINE

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

Bring your old NBI Clearance so they can scan it for your fingerprints on file. But you will pay a new fee for the new purpose. No need to fill up a form, I'd think. How long ago did you get one?

No food or drinks allowed in the clinic, they will check your bags. I saw people sneak in candy and stuff but eat very discreetly. For certain parts of the process you can step outside and have a snack across the street. I would forego eating at least until after they finish all your lab work on the 1st day.

Quick question though..

I have an NBI clearance but it's a "seawoman's" NBI clearance since I was supposed to work as a crew purser aboard a luxury cruise ship a few months ago but I turned down the job.

Do I just renew it and tell them to give me a different type or am I required to repeat the entire process?

Thanks!

They moved the Clearance Center from Taft Avenue to Carriedo...you sure about that?

Congratulations!

I believe you're allowed to bring food and beverage as long as it's in your bag though you shouldn't eat or drink anything 8 hours prior to the blood test. :D

When do you intend to get yours? I'll get mine next week! The Taft branch since my cousin works there. Harhar.

Thanks, Lady AA! :)

Hi! I am very happy about the result of your medical. I know you will bring home the PINK!

N-400 Timeline

K3-K4 Journey.txt

congrats miss kaye, and goodluck sa interview...!

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

Thanks guys. :) Rick and I will be spending the weekend organizing our documents...as well as work on interview questions.

congrats miss kaye, and goodluck sa interview...!

N-400 Timeline

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline
Bring your old NBI Clearance so they can scan it for your fingerprints on file. But you will pay a new fee for the new purpose. No need to fill up a form, I'd think. How long ago did you get one?

No food or drinks allowed in the clinic, they will check your bags. I saw people sneak in candy and stuff but eat very discreetly. For certain parts of the process you can step outside and have a snack across the street. I would forego eating at least until after they finish all your lab work on the 1st day.

Quick question though..

Thanks!

They moved the Clearance Center from Taft Avenue to Carriedo...you sure about that?

Congratulations!

Thanks, Lady AA! :)

I got one a year ago. My cousin has a runner that can do the paperwork for me so I just have to be in her office and wait. Okay then, thank you. I have to ransack my room for my old NBI clearance.. LOL.

Yeah, you shouldn't ingest anything before the medical exam because of the lab tests.

Congratulations! :)

K-1 TIMELINE

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.