AKguy

Dates on K-1 petition paperwork

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Would I be asking for problems if I submitted the I-129F, Fiance letter of intent & G-325A forms that were signed and dated 5 months ago?

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Would I be asking for problems if I submitted the I-129F, Fiance letter of intent & G-325A forms that were signed and dated 5 months ago?

Eeeehhhhh..... not really.... she might get a question at the interview asking what took so long to submit.

Is Tanya still there in AK with you? Then what would be the problem with re-printing everything, re-signing, and re-dating?

The problem is that technically you probably shouldn't be including any evidence WITH the petition that is dated AFTER the petition. And of course, you want to include as evidence with the petition the fact that the two of you have practically lived together for an entire month now. Of course you could just hold onto that and submit it at the interview, but if you can re-do the paperwork now--- why not?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I-129f...no G-325a, probably no, if it is still accurate. letter of intent probably no. You are venturing into the area of "adjudicator disgression" An RFE will add weeks to your case, how long would it take to add new forms? Is it worth the (unknown but probably small) risk?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I-129f...no G-325a, probably no, if it is still accurate. letter of intent probably no. You are venturing into the area of "adjudicator disgression" An RFE will add weeks to your case, how long would it take to add new forms? Is it worth the (unknown but probably small) risk?

I would agree. Definately resign all the documents for yourself, the I-129F, you letter, your G-325A. Sending old ones for her should not be a problem but as stated, an RFE would only add a few weeks to the process. Your call, your dime.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Eeeehhhhh..... not really.... she might get a question at the interview asking what took so long to submit.

Is Tanya still there in AK with you? Then what would be the problem with re-printing everything, re-signing, and re-dating?

The problem is that technically you probably shouldn't be including any evidence WITH the petition that is dated AFTER the petition. And of course, you want to include as evidence with the petition the fact that the two of you have practically lived together for an entire month now. Of course you could just hold onto that and submit it at the interview, but if you can re-do the paperwork now--- why not?

If you can get the paperwork redone, it's piece of mind for you both. That's what's I'd do, just to be on the safe side. :thumbs:

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Timeline

Uh, yeah... about that. I'm ashamed to say we were both slackers while she was here and didn't redo the paperwork...

From reading Gary and Alla's post about the K-1 petitions I should be ok leaving the signature off a reprinted G-325a, right? The only thing that would have the old date and her signature is the letter of intent. Other option is to wait for Anna to get back home and resend the forms to me. (she's enroute)

We don't have to include her resent time here in the petition, fortunately we have a lot of other relationship evidence.

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Timeline
Uh, yeah... about that. I'm ashamed to say we were both slackers while she was here and didn't redo the paperwork...

From reading Gary and Alla's post about the K-1 petitions I should be ok leaving the signature off a reprinted G-325a, right? The only thing that would have the old date and her signature is the letter of intent. Other option is to wait for Anna to get back home and resend the forms to me. (she's enroute)

We don't have to include her resent time here in the petition, fortunately we have a lot of other relationship evidence.

Gary didn't say anything about leaving off her signature from the G-325A. That would be an RFE for sure.

I'd suggest to just get updated dates and signatures and be done with it. For a few dollars, she can FedEx them to you quick and you can get started.

Timeline
Gary didn't say anything about leaving off her signature from the G-325A. That would be an RFE for sure.

I'd suggest to just get updated dates and signatures and be done with it. For a few dollars, she can FedEx them to you quick and you can get started.

"G-325a, Signed or Unsigned? Unsigned."

Am I misunderstanding it?

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Timeline

Yes, you're not taking into account the fact that you're dealing with mindless office workers. It might not HAVE to be signed.... but that doesn't mean the office worker won't notice a blank signature space... realize that there's no signature.... and then send you an RFE.

The next section after what you quote above acknowledges that that's exactly what often happens in their offices.

I would recommend spending a week now to get fresh forms with new signatures and dates..... to help decrease the chances of any problems later on.

Timeline

Yeah, I can't argue with that.

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Timeline

I just read Gary's long report of his recent BBQ dinner with a VSC person. Go find this and read up, apparently it can go in unsigned but you include an explanation and tell she will sign it at the interview.

Timeline

Yup, that's what I was quoting from.

That was a good read too.

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Timeline

I just read Gary's long report of his recent BBQ dinner with a VSC person. Go find this and read up, apparently it can go in unsigned but you include an explanation and tell she will sign it at the interview.

But again, this is something that would probably not be the BEST course of action --- while technically correct, how many of the grunt workers at VSC or CSC know this? After going through hundreds of these files, they become creatures of habit, they expect to see certain things.... they see something unexpected .... uh oh ... they say to themselves, "Yeah... nice try buddy" ... RFE. You wait for the RFE to arrive in the mail, you spend a week, maybe two making your case to another grunt, or maybe even eventually to a supervisor at the service center. They eventually ackowledge that you were right all along.... but how much time has been wasted?

I say you're still taking chances by doing it that way. The BEST way is to spend a little time now to obtain the documents they are EXPECTING to see....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.