Beth/ Paris Heart

HOTELS IN ALGIERS, ALGERIA

9 posts in this topic

Hello MENA,

Okay, Im planning ahead of myself, but it is how I'em.

I'm looking for a cheap hotel in Algiers, and I come up with is the Hilton, and a few other pricey hotels.

Can anyone give me a name, or email address or something so I may continue planning.

Also I must apply for a visa to Algeria, Im going to apply for a vacation visa, stating business at U.S. Embassy, will be there 3 days max.

We are still praying embassy Paris will come thru with K3 interview in late October.

Any help is much apprechiated.

Thank you!

Beth

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Hello MENA,

I'm looking for a cheap hotel in Algiers, and I come up with is the Hilton, and a few other pricey hotels.

Can anyone give me a name, or email address or something so I may continue planning.

Also I must apply for a visa to Algeria, Im going to apply for a vacation visa, stating business at U.S. Embassy, will be there 3 days max.

We are still praying embassy Paris will come thru with K3 interview in late October.

Thank you!

Beth

Grand Hotel Regina is the one I stayed in both times I went to Algeria . It is very inexpensive and right in downtown Algiers. It was nice and clean. The very cheap rooms, do not have a bathroom, You have to use a public one, so make sure you ask for a room with one. LOL

Grand Hotel Regina Address : 27, Boulevard Ben Boulaid, Alger Tel : 00 213 21 74 0035 or 00 213 21 73 7683

Here is a link to many hotels in Algiers, http://www.16alger.com/hotels1.htm

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Hello MENA,

Thank you!

Beth

Grand Hotel Regina is the one I stayed in both times I went to Algeria . It is very inexpensive and right in downtown Algiers. It was nice and clean. The very cheap rooms, do not have a bathroom, You have to use a public one, so make sure you ask for a room with one. LOL

Grand Hotel Regina Address : 27, Boulevard Ben Boulaid, Alger Tel : 00 213 21 74 0035 or 00 213 21 73 7683

Meriem (F)

Kisse, kisses, and more kisses, thank you Meriem!!!!

Truly happy!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

We stayed in Staoueli, a beach town about 15 minutes away from Algiers. The hotel was VERY reasonable, comfortable, and within walking distance to some cute shops and restaurants. If you are willing to stay outside of town, let me know and I will get my brother-in-law to give me the name of the hotel...he stays there when he goes to Algiers on business. If you are set on staying in town, I will see if he has any suggestions.

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

We stayed in Staoueli, a beach town about 15 minutes away from Algiers. The hotel was VERY reasonable, comfortable, and within walking distance to some cute shops and restaurants. If you are willing to stay outside of town, let me know and I will get my brother-in-law to give me the name of the hotel...he stays there when he goes to Algiers on business. If you are set on staying in town, I will see if he has any suggestions.

Thank you, I want to be near the U.S. Embassy, looks like we will interview there instead of Paris.

Any help is so much apprechiated. Thank you again!

Truly happy!!!

Thank you, I want to be near the U.S. Embassy, looks like we will interview there instead of Paris.

Any help is so much apprechiated. Thank you again!

I just looked at the list Meriem_dz gave you. It's not an up-to-date list, but it's useful. The closest ones to the embassy are kinda pricey.

From the list:

Hotel El Djazair (Known as Saint George) is very close you can even walk to the embassy.

Hotel El Aurassi: Better price than the first one. A very nice location. 10/15 min to the embassy in a taxi cab (if traffic is not horrible as usual off course).

Hotel Dar Diaf (there are two on the list with this same)

Address : 48, Boulevard des Martyrs, Alger

I know nothing about it, but it's in a quite area and it's close to the embassy.

You may also consider "Hotel Es Safir " it's at the center of Algiers.

You can read some reviews here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293718-...ers-Hotels.html

Good luck to you.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

not a good idea to do a cheap hotel in ALGIERS,....eh Im just saying.. Yikes.. you do realizee they do have drug dealers and hookersw HIV etc theree as well....

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

not a good idea to do a cheap hotel in ALGIERS,....eh Im just saying.. Yikes.. you do realizee they do have drug dealers and hookersw :wacko:HIV etc theree as well....

When I meant cheap, I meant under $150 dollars. Not some flea infested dive like in anyother city in the world..

Even in the finer hotels you have the hookers and the un-desirables. And you can get HIV anywhere in the world.

Hello MENA,

Thank you!

Beth

Meriem (F)

Hi Meriem, will stay at this one that you mentioned, THANK YOU!!! and also for your PM, you are the greatest!! Hugs

Truly happy!!!

• 3 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
QUOTE (Paris Heart @ Sep 28 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello MENA,

Thank you!

Beth

Meriem rose.gif

Just for an update we did stay at the Hotel Regina, Not sure it is the same on but we rented 2 rooms and both had very accommodating bathrooms. It was an old bldg but it was clean and the staff was super great. They even had room service until 11 pm Thank you for suggesting this hotel as the only other 2 were very expensive and although we did have to take a taxi to the embassy we were there within 15 minutes and were an hour early. I tried to upload a few pics so all could see but apparently they are too big.

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.