Pinay Wife

My son's name is not mentioned in my Biometrics Appointment

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

They wouldn't do bio for our daughter without a letter.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Very frustrating isn't it?

P.S. How are you doing? Haven't seen you for awhile.

Hi, Mae. Glad to hear your bio appointment is scheduled. I visit VJ everyday but just not actively posting. Hope all is well with you. Hi to David :star:

How old is the daughter? Our Mathew is 5 and he just got the extension letter, but nothing for Biometrics. We took Mathew anyway when Ruchie had her Bio and they said he didn't need to be there. It is hard to find out anything when it comes to Biometrics for the kids... :wacko:

BTW..... Hello Cora. Glad to see you on VJ!!!!

How old is the daughter? Our Mathew is 5 and he just got the extension letter, but nothing for Biometrics. We took Mathew anyway when Ruchie had her Bio and they said he didn't need to be there. It is hard to find out anything when it comes to Biometrics for the kids... :wacko:

When you did the AOS, did they do Biometrics on Matthew?

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

When you did the AOS, did they do Biometrics on Matthew?

Yes they did Mae...

Hi, Danny!

I myself don't understand why USCIS requires us to pay the biometrics fee for each of our dependents only to be told later that minors don't need to do it again.

Edited by Pinay Wife

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

No consistency with the USCIS, we received our daughters condition PR card two weeks after my wifes', yes my wife and I were worried, would her daughter have to go back? Then my wife was concerned about the ten year card, but fortunately we received their biometrics appointment the same day in two separate envelops, but they were a week apart. Since we have a 430 drive, insisted she come along anyway, did meet some nice folks, (for a change) that took her prints and photo at the same time. We also receive the ten year cards at the same time, but just two weeks before that one year extension would have expired, was all set to make an infopass appointment as St. Paul won't even talk to you unless you are within two weeks of expiration.

Least that 80 bucks includes both fingerprints and a photo, with the N-400, just fingerprints, you have to provide your own photos. Always used our home address that is legally the permanent address for kids in college. Crazy anyway, daughter goes to school from Sep. to mid Dec., little over 3 months and the same from the end of January for another slightly over three months. Should have become a college professor, get a years paycheck for a half years work.

USCIS can't make up their mind if a kid is under 18 or 21, you will find you will have to pay the full fees for USC for your son, same here. And if a kid is going to college and barely over 21, can't bring them here like my wife's son. Taking us an extra nine years to do that.

Soo, my son called USCIS and was informed of the date, time and place of his biometrics schedule. The letter that the USCIS said they sent still has not arrived. I hope he doesn't get turned away for showing up without the letter.

Edited by Pinay Wife

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sorry this took so long. I just happened to be wandering around and saw it. Angelica is 19 now. She came with her mom when she was 15. The removing of conditions did not work together and we had a lot of problems, the first being that we are 6 hours away from any kind of USCI office. We beegd them to take the bios and they refused. Many months later we got a letter from USICS saying my wife had abandoned the petition because she did not come for bio ( we did we had the stamped appointment letter. It was not until the infopass appointment that we got somebody nice that did the fingerprints for our daughter.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.