Pinay Wife

My son's name is not mentioned in my Biometrics Appointment

24 posts in this topic

I filed my I-751 in August and received my biometrics appointment recently. I noticed that my dependent son, who turned 19 this year and away at university, is not mentioned in my appointment. I called him to ask if he received any communication from the USCIS and he replied in the negative.

I was wondering that since he is already of legal age and lives away from us, if he will be sent to a different Service Center near the university. The I-751 form did ask if my son lived with us (No) and asked for his address (I gave his dorm address).

My biometrics is on October 8. Should I just pick up my son from university (it's a 7-hour drive) and take him along with me for biometrics?

For those with younger children, were they required to do biometrics when you filed for removal of conditions? Did their names appear in your appointment letter?

Thanks for any feedback.

I filed my I-751 in August and received my biometrics appointment recently. I noticed that my dependent son, who turned 19 this year and away at university, is not mentioned in my appointment. I called him to ask if he received any communication from the USCIS and he replied in the negative.

I was wondering that since he is already of legal age and lives away from us, if he will be sent to a different Service Center near the university. The I-751 form did ask if my son lived with us (No) and asked for his address (I gave his dorm address).

My biometrics is on October 8. Should I just pick up my son from university (it's a 7-hour drive) and take him along with me for biometrics?

For those with younger children, were they required to do biometrics when you filed for removal of conditions? Did their names appear in your appointment letter?

Thanks for any feedback.

When Luz sent her 751 she included Robin on her form. He is now 18. They sent a different bio notice with a different appointment date. Since he still lives with us it was sent to our address. We took him with us on Luz's appointment date and they let him take his biometrics that day. I have heard that not all offices will allow this. Your son should get his own bio letter with his own date.

our daughter, 13 years old, has not yet received a Bio apt. notice. Yazi has already had her bio apt. if a child does not have a Bio Apt, they will not take Biometrics. I've seen it mentioned in VJ, that under 14 do not have Biometrics taken for ROC. I haven't been able to confirm it, hopefully can get some feedback from those who have kids in ROC.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Did you paythe $80 for biometrics ? Also did he get the 1 year extension letter?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

we included additonal $80 Bio fee and we did receive the extentsion letter for our daughter.

we included additonal $80 Bio fee and we did receive the extentsion letter for our daughter.

Same for us too Roy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same for us too Roy.

Did you actually get 2 NOA's (I-797C's)? All we got was an NOA for my wife and a letter confirming her daughters inclusion in the ROC filing.

Donnie and Sylvia

HELLO!!!! It's sooo nice to hear from old friends. Thank you all for the response, it helps to ease some of my worries. I've been trying to call USCIS but it's so hard to get a live person.

I included my son, John, in the I-751 form and paid for two biometrics. While I received a NOA (I-797c) extending my status for one year, John received a separate letter from DHS-USCIS in plain bond paper called "Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in Filing of Form I-751". It essentially tells him that he is "included as a dependent in the request for removal of conditions by the above-named principal alien and that this verification extends the validity of your alien registration and allows you to remain in the United States, with work authorization for one year from the filing date or until a final decision is made on the request whichever comes first."

And so I received my biometrics appointment but John did not. If I don't get a live person at the USCIS or John does not receive a bio apppoinment in the next few days, I will just make a decision to pick him up from school so we can do biometrics together. I am sure that once I explain our circumstance at the Service Center (you know, drive 7 hours each way to pick up/drop the kid) that they will let him do it.

Thanks again for the feedback. I appreciate it.

PW

HELLO!!!! It's sooo nice to hear from old friends. Thank you all for the response, it helps to ease some of my worries. I've been trying to call USCIS but it's so hard to get a live person.

I included my son, John, in the I-751 form and paid for two biometrics. While I received a NOA (I-797c) extending my status for one year, John received a separate letter from DHS-USCIS in plain bond paper called "Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in Filing of Form I-751". It essentially tells him that he is "included as a dependent in the request for removal of conditions by the above-named principal alien and that this verification extends the validity of your alien registration and allows you to remain in the United States, with work authorization for one year from the filing date or until a final decision is made on the request whichever comes first."

And so I received my biometrics appointment but John did not. If I don't get a live person at the USCIS or John does not receive a bio apppoinment in the next few days, I will just make a decision to pick him up from school so we can do biometrics together. I am sure that once I explain our circumstance at the /b]Service Center[/b] (you know, drive 7 hours each way to pick up/drop the kid) that they will let him do it.

PW

Just to be picky, it's an Application Support Center, not a Service center.

Let us know how it goes!

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And so I received my biometrics appointment but John did not. If I don't get a live person at the USCIS or John does not receive a bio apppoinment in the next few days, I will just make a decision to pick him up from school so we can do biometrics together. I am sure that once I explain our circumstance at the Service Center (you know, drive 7 hours each way to pick up/drop the kid) that they will let him do it.

PW

PW,

I'm pretty sure that you will have to at the very least know what his actual case number is. There is one on the "Verification of Inclusion" letter but it isn't the actual number that is used for biometrics. I have been told by a couple of VJ members that without that number they CANNOT do the biometrics for your son's application for ROC.. simply because they don't have any reference where to enter the information. Hopefully the letter arrives soon.

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

PW

PW,

I'm pretty sure that you will have to at the very least know what his actual case number is. There is one on the "Verification of Inclusion" letter but it isn't the actual number that is used for biometrics. I have been told by a couple of VJ members that without that number they CANNOT do the biometrics for your son's application for ROC.. simply because they don't have any reference where to enter the information. Hopefully the letter arrives soon.

CB

yap, child needs their own receipt number to have biometrics taken at ASC.

PW

Hi PW,

After you dialed the 1-800# and get into the automated system, press 1,then 2, then 3 and it will put you through to a 'live person'. I called them twice before and it worked. Good luck!

Just to be picky, it's an Application Support Center, not a Service center.

Let us know how it goes!

Mea culpa. You're right, it's an Application Support Center. Thanks.

After you dialed the 1-800# and get into the automated system, press 1,then 2, then 3 and it will put you through to a 'live person'. I called them twice before and it worked. Good luck!

Yay, thanks for the tip. I got a live person within two minutes of placing the call :dance:

Here's an update.

The "live person" refused to provide any information about my son's appointment without his permission. She asked me to call him in Pullman (WA) so I called him and put him on speaker phone so they could hear each other. She initially asked John for personal info to verify his identity and proceeded to ask if it was ok for her to talk to me regarding his biometrics appointment. John agreed and so I thought that we're good.

After going through this hassle, all the USCIS representative could tell me was that they "sent John's appointment letter a few days ago". Since I will be driving him to and from his biometrics appointment, I wanted to to know the date, time and place of the appointment but she said she cannot not tell me. I said, my son already gave his permission to release the info but she was insistent that all she can say is that the letter was sent a few days ago. So what's a mother to do? Be a pest.

So I asked questions that can be answered initially with a yes or no.

1) Do John and I appear at the same Support Center in Portland? - No

2) Will he be sent to a different Service Center? - Yes

3) Where did you send his appointment letter? - PO Box in Pullman

4) Can you tell me which Support Center? - Spokane

Well, at least I know that John will be receiving a letter anytime soon.

Thank you again, Gary, Roy, Danny, Haole, Country Boy, Bituin, TracyTN.

Hey sis, glad to know that you got this little hassle straightened out. I almost had to go through a big of a mess since they never sent me my NOA (with extension letter) after mailing my application 3 weeks ago. I was already freaking out and getting worried but I had to wait for 30 days before I can make a call and check upon my case. So this Fri would have been the 30th. Today, I was so glad when I finally found a letter from them. It wasn't the NOA, but the Bio appointment, which for me, is sooooooo much better. We will try to do an Infopass to get an extension stamped on my passport (will need it to renew my DL) and maybe they will let me have my Bio done earlier since we're already in there.

So good luck to all of us! May we finally get through this hump.

--Mae

P.S. How are you doing? Haven't seen you for awhile.

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.