Master5

Visa delivery time?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I wonder how soon is passport with visa delivered after successful interview at Moscow Embassy?

My fiancee had the interview on Tuesday and she got all her papers back on Friday, the same week. But she did not have it delivered. She picked it up herself at the DHL office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiance' is going to have it actually sent, she wants to visit her parents before leaving, so she is having it mailed. She told me to book the plane 15 days after the interview. She just wants to be sure we don't have to reschedule it and she has time for her good byes.

I found her in March 08'

We met in December 08'

NOA1 on 31 March 09'

NOA2 on 28 Aug 09'

Interview 18 Nov 09' (Administrative Review)

Visa Approved!! 15 Dec 09'

Tatiana Arrives! 12 Jan 10'

Married 2 Mar 10'

Green Card Received 10 July 10'

Lifting Conditions Filed 25 April 12'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
My fiance' is going to have it actually sent, she wants to visit her parents before leaving, so she is having it mailed. She told me to book the plane 15 days after the interview. She just wants to be sure we don't have to reschedule it and she has time for her good byes.

BTW, what I see is that one-way air tickets are about 3 times more expensive than the round-trip tickets. It makes sense to buy a round-trip ticket and just don't take the return flight. Do immigration officers care if an immigrant (IR visa) enters on round-trip ticket?

Edited by Master5

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

BTW, what I see is that one-way air tickets are about 3 times more expensive than the round-trip tickets. It makes sense to buy a round-trip ticket and just don't take the return flight. Do immigration officers care if an immigrant (IR visa) enters on round-trip ticket?

good question

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

A very common question .... and NO... they don't care....

Timeline

A very common question .... and NO... they don't care....

Great! I still don't get it though: why airlines charge 3 times more for one-way tickets when you can just buy a round-trip one and don't take the return flight? When I asked this question to Lufthansa reservation agent she told me that it's because of some US government regulations.

Timeline
Great! I still don't get it though: why airlines charge 3 times more for one-way tickets when you can just buy a round-trip one and don't take the return flight? When I asked this question to Lufthansa reservation agent she told me that it's because of some US government regulations.

The res agent was giving you some B.S. -- It's simply airline pricing models. One-way tickets are generally full fare tickets, when you book your return with the same airline at the same time, then they will give you a discounted fare. But that model is not universal --- many of the "low cost" carriers offer excellent one-way fares. Unfortunately, at least for the sake of the fare structure, Southwest doesn't fly to Moscow.

Timeline

Ok, since we started talking about air tickets here is another question :) At what time do they finish all the interviews at Moscow embassy? We will be flying for the medical and interview from other Russian city and we plan to book a flight back from Moscow at about 4pm at the day of the interview. Will we have enough time after the interview to catch the flight back or should I book it for later time?

Filed: Timeline
Ok, since we started talking about air tickets here is another question :) At what time do they finish all the interviews at Moscow embassy? We will be flying for the medical and interview from other Russian city and we plan to book a flight back from Moscow at about 4pm at the day of the interview. Will we have enough time after the interview to catch the flight back or should I book it for later time?

My wife didn't get out of there until 2:30pm. You could get lucky and get out earlier, but you know how Murphy works. Traffic can be horrid in Moscow, especially if there's any kind of weather.

My suggestion would be to plan on leaving Moscow the next day. A 4pm flight is really pushing it.

Timeline

My wife didn't get out of there until 2:30pm. You could get lucky and get out earlier, but you know how Murphy works. Traffic can be horrid in Moscow, especially if there's any kind of weather.

My suggestion would be to plan on leaving Moscow the next day. A 4pm flight is really pushing it.

Interesting, what I've heard is that by 11am all interviews are done already. What about 5pm flight?

Timeline

Interesting, what I've heard is that by 11am all interviews are done already. What about 5pm flight?

By 11am MOST interviews are done, but as Mox points out sometimes it can be later. When my first wife went through the process she was the last interview of the day and finished about 12:30. I'm sure on some days they finish even later.

A 5pm flight certainly allows a little more time than a 4pm flight.

Me PERSONALLY, I wouldn't schedule anything before 8pm... MAYBE 7pm. That way you'll have no doubt about having enough time to make the flight. Go to the airport and if you're there way early, you can put your baggage in the left luggage room and go over to the Novotel Hotel for a nice dinner at Don Pepe.

Timeline

By 11am MOST interviews are done, but as Mox points out sometimes it can be later. When my first wife went through the process she was the last interview of the day and finished about 12:30. I'm sure on some days they finish even later.

A 5pm flight certainly allows a little more time than a 4pm flight.

Me PERSONALLY, I wouldn't schedule anything before 8pm... MAYBE 7pm. That way you'll have no doubt about having enough time to make the flight. Go to the airport and if you're there way early, you can put your baggage in the left luggage room and go over to the Novotel Hotel for a nice dinner at Don Pepe.

Dude, we have a restless 1 year old boy, that's why I try to cut out stay in Moscow to the minimum, no restaurant dinners for us :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.