honestlyspkng

Wacky AOS interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

AOS interview, went and suppled all the info I could, but at the end of the interview, He told me the Civil Surgeon did not fill out the form complete. The notice of interview told me to bring a vaccination supplement if I had not already sent one, and that I did, but he said we should have had a medical done. I explained that the instructions for the 485 stated that was not needed if she had a medical done within one years time. Her medical for the K-3 visa was in March of this year. He told me that medical was not valid here. I explained it was done at the direction of the State Department and was delivered to Immigration at the POE in a sealed envelope.

At the end of the interview, he told me we would hear from him in 4-5 weeks time. Does that sound normal to those of you who have been through this recently? I am deathly afraid of a denial for any reason and the resulting ####### I will have to go through afterwards. Just trying to feel easier about this all. If it is denied, can I handle it myself with more evidence or info? I do not knowif I am dealing with someone who actually knows his job.

We did exactly the same thing you did. Had the vaccination supplement filled out and mailed it in with the I485 and brought nothing else (medically related) to the interview. Since the dam thing was in a sealed envelope. I saw the medical records from overseas in the A-file. We did just fine. Our interviewer (only) noted the lack of chicken-pox vaccine but also noted that the civil surgeon put the age that she had it with "none required" and said he would check on that but did not think it would be a problem. We were shown approved online later that day.

"Let you know in 4-5 weeks" is code for "I am merely a placeholding drone so I will kick it upstairs and check with someone else" so I expect you should be fine. You are correct in that you were dealing with someone who probably does not know his job. He is not alone. The civil service has thousands of drones who know nothing, do nothing, have no worth, and add no value to the process. Kudos for the department of homeland stupidity for hiring this winner. They have to issue an RFE if anything else is needed so you should have a chance to update your file. Normally at the interview it is issued on the spot so if your idjit did not issue one then again, it means he will check with someone else (assuming he can find a breathing person on his floor or in his work area) to get the answer that he did not know when he asked the question. ####### would the medical be for if it is not valid here? (laughing)

Mods: This makes me feel patriotic. We need an american flag smiley for these cases.

AOS interview, went and suppled all the info I could, but at the end of the interview, He told me the Civil Surgeon did not fill out the form complete. The notice of interview told me to bring a vaccination supplement if I had not already sent one, and that I did, but he said we should have had a medical done. I explained that the instructions for the 485 stated that was not needed if she had a medical done within one years time. Her medical for the K-3 visa was in March of this year. He told me that medical was not valid here. I explained it was done at the direction of the State Department and was delivered to Immigration at the POE in a sealed envelope.

At the end of the interview, he told me we would hear from him in 4-5 weeks time. Does that sound normal to those of you who have been through this recently? I am deathly afraid of a denial for any reason and the resulting ####### I will have to go through afterwards. Just trying to feel easier about this all. If it is denied, can I handle it myself with more evidence or info? I do not knowif I am dealing with someone who actually knows his job.

i don't get it.

Timeline

Thanks HH;

I breathe a little easier now and I will probably sleep now, but one more thing odd. I gave him a copy of her I-94 and he wanted to see the original. He stapled the original to the copy and kept it. I did not realize what he had one because I was looking through documents but the wife told me later. Isn't she supposed to keep that in her passport?

Filed: Other Timeline
"Let you know in 4-5 weeks" is code for "I am merely a placeholding drone so I will kick it upstairs and check with someone else" so I expect you should be fine. You are correct in that you were dealing with someone who probably does not know his job. He is not alone. The civil service has thousands of drones who know nothing, do nothing, have no worth, and add no value to the process.

+1

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

No it is quite normal for them to take the I94 at the interview. Your wife is K3 right? She is good for travel and work up to her visa / EAD validity then still good as long as she is in "pending AOS" status.

Thanks HH;

I breathe a little easier now and I will probably sleep now, but one more thing odd. I gave him a copy of her I-94 and he wanted to see the original. He stapled the original to the copy and kept it. I did not realize what he had one because I was looking through documents but the wife told me later. Isn't she supposed to keep that in her passport?

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

Thank you Bob and god bless america! (humming the star-spangled banner)

"Let you know in 4-5 weeks" is code for "I am merely a placeholding drone so I will kick it upstairs and check with someone else" so I expect you should be fine. You are correct in that you were dealing with someone who probably does not know his job. He is not alone. The civil service has thousands of drones who know nothing, do nothing, have no worth, and add no value to the process.

+1

i don't get it.

Timeline

Yes, she is K-3 and just received EAD and advanced parole even though she may not need it.

There was no cost and we may take a trip to Ukraine and I thought it wouldn't hurt to have it even

though the visa is two years. I just hpe everything goes smooth. I am at the end of my rope aleady

and I have been down hand over hand for a year and a half now. Bless you people here. There have been

times when I swear I wouldn't make it without the support and info I got here. Made some good friends too.

Thanks again HH

Hey no problem dude let us know how it goes? In case this is some strange new practice.......

Yes, she is K-3 and just received EAD and advanced parole even though she may not need it.

There was no cost and we may take a trip to Ukraine and I thought it wouldn't hurt to have it even

though the visa is two years. I just hpe everything goes smooth. I am at the end of my rope aleady

and I have been down hand over hand for a year and a half now. Bless you people here. There have been

times when I swear I wouldn't make it without the support and info I got here. Made some good friends too.

Thanks again HH

i don't get it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I do not think you would be denied. Worst case is repeat the medical, but you should not have to. Our medicals were delivered in the secret envelope as were yours and we sent the vaccination supplement with the I-485 and brought it with us to the interview but we were not asked for it at the interview. Alla did not have a chickpox vaccine and the vaccination supplement marked it as not "age appropriate" or some such. Pasha and Sergey had the chickpox vaccine as young children. We had no questions, Alla and Pasha's green cards were approved at the interview and Sergey's was approved later without an interview.

Sounds like the guy doesn't know what he is doing and needs to check on it. ????

Thanks again HH

You are good to go on your trip anyway. Good luck and have fun

Thanks HH;

No they took Alla and Pasha's I-94 at the interview, that is normal and a good thing.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

This time it just seemed odd to me. My former wife came on a K-1 and at the AOS interview we were told that a green card would be issued and we should have it in two weeks. It was at the house in one week and we did not have nearly the difficult time with the interviewer. The interviewer explained to my wife that the US government was oblgated to protect US citizens from those outside the country who would marry just to become a US citizen, and he explained it more than once and asked her if this was the case with her, coming dangerously close to accusing her. He seemed to lighten up as the interview went on, but obviously has not been out of the country much because he did not understand Tania's propensity to give her American address in the format she would use in Ukraine which is almost backwards, and to the one who has never seen it or heard of it, almost unintelligable. I understand that procedures change minute by minute with USCIS, but I thought it was a little strange that the interviewer was not more congenial and forthcoming with information for us. I can only wait and hope things go well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.