Collie

Dallas Interview next week

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone,

My interview/citizenship test is next week in Dallas! Is there anyone who has had a recent interview there and can share your experience? Also will the oath ceremony be on the same day?

I-130 for both parents

March 28th 2013 - Priority date/ NOA 1
November 14th 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center

January 7th 2014 - Case changed online to approved for both

January 8th 2014 - case changed to shipped to NVC

January 9th 2014 - case changed to NOA 2 mailed

January 10th 2014 - Received the hardcopy of the NOA 2 stating that NVC would issue a case number in 30 days approx.

January 21st 2014 - Case Received at NVC

February 26th 2014 - Case numbers and IIN number received - Wrong embassy code assigned...now waiting for new case numbers.

March 3rd 2014 - Filled in DS-261 for both parents

March 5th 2014- AOS available, paid and submitted AOS packet.

March 6th 2014 - USPS shows packet was delivered at NVC

March 10th 2014 - AOS shows as paid in the CEAC portal/AOS logged into system as being received by NVC.

March 11th 2014 - New case number assigned for my Dad.

March 20th 2014 - Paid IV fee for my Mum.

March 25th 2014 - AOS accepted by NVC with no checklist.

March 26th 2014 - Filled in and submitted DS-260 for my Mum

March 31st 2014 - AOS found in my Mum's file for my Dad - accepted and placed into his file/IV fee available for my Dad and Paid.

April 1st - Mailed all civil documents to NVC for both parents.

April 3rd: IV fee shows as paid in portal/submitted DS-260 for my Dad.

April 22nd: checklist issued for civil documents - NVC error ...

April 23rd: sent another certified copy of my marriage certificate

April 24th: Case complete! :)

April 30th 2014 - Medical scheduled for parents at Knightsbridge in London

June 11th: Interview at London Embassy - Approved :)

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Collie,

Sorry, I don't know about Texas, as I don't live there. Nevertheless, I hope you get your oath as soon as possible (and who knows, maybe a same day oath too).

By the way, I also wanted to ask you:

1) How's your daughter doing now? Growing quickly, I bet! Are you going to apply for dual UK/US citizenship for her too?

2) Did you ever receive your daughter's birth certificate (I remember you said you had a delay in receiving such) and SSN? If so, how long did it take for you (lol..my son's bc took 6 weeks..there was a delay...see my detailed timeline for more info)? Did you get an RFE for not sending in her birth certificate with your original application? Regardless, remember to bring that with your for the interview, just in case they ask for it then.

3) Are you bringing your daughter to the interivew and oath ceremony too? If so, are you bringing any additional help? If not, are you making other babysitting arangements too?

Overall, good luck about your interview next week. Hope all goes well for you there (and yes, do post back here on vj about it).

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Timeline

I am not familiar with Texas, but it seems different offices have slightly different procedures. I had my interview and got an oath letter for the next week. Others have had to wait some time for an oath letter, and others have had the oath on the same day!

Good luck with your test! :thumbs:

I believe if you finish your interview by 11 AM, and you have a simple case. You will have same day oath.

Good luck

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

Timeline

Thanks everyone for the replies :)

Ant: My daughter is indeed growing like a little weed and is already 3 mths old. She never ceases to amaze me and I love being a mother and I am sure you do as well to your little guy :)

I finally got Maddie's birth cert but it took about 6 weeks for it to arrive. I didn't include it with the packet but what I did was photocopy the details that the hospital gave us and included those. I will bring her actual birth cert with us to the interview. We didn't get an RFE for it.

She is going to be with us when we go to the interview. My husband will look after her while I take the test. She goes everywhere with us, so this is no exception.

I-130 for both parents

January 10th 2014 - Received the hardcopy of the NOA 2 stating that NVC would issue a case number in 30 days approx.

February 26th 2014 - Case numbers and IIN number received - Wrong embassy code assigned...now waiting for new case numbers.

March 10th 2014 - AOS shows as paid in the CEAC portal/AOS logged into system as being received by NVC.

March 31st 2014 - AOS found in my Mum's file for my Dad - accepted and placed into his file/IV fee available for my Dad and Paid.

Hey everyone,

My interview/citizenship test is next week in Dallas! Is there anyone who has had a recent interview there and can share your experience? Also will the oath ceremony be on the same day?

Hi Collie,

My interview is next week too in Dallas. My appointment is Tuesday at 6:30 AM. My husband and I are hoping that there will be an oath taking same day as my interview. What day is your interview and what time?

Good luck on your interview! :thumbs::thumbs:

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Filed: Timeline
Hey everyone,

Hi Collie,

My interview is next week too in Dallas. My appointment is Tuesday at 6:30 AM. My husband and I are hoping that there will be an oath taking same day as my interview. What day is your interview and what time?

Wow, 6.30 AM is early! :blink: Good luck! :thumbs::star:

Hey everyone,

Hi Collie,

Wow, 6.30 AM is early! :blink: Good luck! :thumbs::star:

Thanks KikiDoug!

My husband can't believe it that the USCIS office will open this early. We don't want to reschedule my appointment coz we know that it will delay our case. We want this done as soon as possible before our baby is here. We have to drive 7 and a half hours to Dallas.

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Hey everyone,

Hi Collie,

Good luck to both of you!

Thanks ddartt1! :star::star:

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

Timeline

Good luck to you Prince! Mine is on Monday at 9.40am. I'm shocked that USCIS are open that early but kudos to them :D

I-130 for both parents

Hi Collie,

Thanks for your reply too. I agree, time passes by quickly with children, as they continue to grow and amaze us. Lol..sigh, it seems like only yesterday that we gave birth to our kids (lol..even though that was 2 months ago for me)...Likewise, I love being a mother too, and everyday is quite the wonder, indeed....

That's great that you got Maddie's birth certificate, despite the delay. Likewise, my son's birth certificate took that long too, but I almost never got it, as apparently they sent it to the wrong address and it was returned to sender. So I went in-person to inquire about it, got it then, made a photocopy of it, and sent in my N-400 that day. Lol..I dared not send the N-400 package without the birth certificate, as I didn't want to risk an rfe there because of that, even though I did include the hospital stuff anyways. My son's ssn had the same problem too...had to inquire about it...grrr....Got that 8 weeks later (funny, I got mine 8 weeks later too..yet another error...). How long did it take to get your daughter's ssn card? Lol...Apparently government agencies like picking on me and my family...delays everywhere, indeed. Glad that you didn't get an rfe though for not sending in her birth certificate with the original pacakge. I guess on your end, the risk paid off, as you got to the interview stage without it. And yes, do bring it to the interview, as they will probably ask to see it then too.

Good luck with your interview on Monday. Lol..the sooner in the day you get it over with, the sooner you'll be done and over with them. I hope all goes well for you there. Glad to see that you husband is going there with you, as that is certainly a great help there. Are you brining anyone else with you? How did you study for your interview before, while taking care of your little one? I agree, if your daughter goes everywhere with you, then this shouldn't be the exception to the rule either. Likewise, my son goes everywhere with us, and the USCIS office is not an exception to the rule either (though it's certainly a bigger challenge, indeed).

Looking forward to reading about your interview and oath ceremony experience with your little one and your husband. Likewise, I'll be in a similar situation (my son wil be about 3-4 months or so when I have my interview and oath..hopefully by then), so it will definitely be helpful there to learn from someone who has gone through it with a little one too. Thanks in advance for your help here too.

You'll do great for your interview! Good luck.

Ant

P.S. If you don't mind me asking too: Are you going to bring a stroller and/or carseat with you to the office? As well, are you nursing or forumla feeding?

Thanks everyone for the replies :)

Ant: My daughter is indeed growing like a little weed and is already 3 mths old. She never ceases to amaze me and I love being a mother and I am sure you do as well to your little guy :)

I finally got Maddie's birth cert but it took about 6 weeks for it to arrive. I didn't include it with the packet but what I did was photocopy the details that the hospital gave us and included those. I will bring her actual birth cert with us to the interview. We didn't get an RFE for it.

She is going to be with us when we go to the interview. My husband will look after her while I take the test. She goes everywhere with us, so this is no exception.

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi PrinceandPrincess,

Good luck with your upcoming interview this week in Dallas too, and hope that you get the same day oath as well. Lol..the sooner in the day (6am..that's early) you get it over with, the sooner you'll be done and over with them. I hope all goes well for you there. Glad to see that you husband is going there with you, as that is certainly a great help there while you are pregnant.

Wow, 7 hours to Dallas is quite a long drive, indeed! By the way, it's probably best to leave the driving to your husband (or someone else), as driving while pregnant is not the healthiest (for you and for the baby) and not very comfortable either (believe me, I tried once..not a good idea). As for long trips while pregnant, make sure you (and your husband) drink plenty of water (don't want to get dehydrated here), have lots of bathroom breaks, and take rest stops along the way..

Hope you get the whole process done before your baby arrives too. Lol..you should start a "Baby first or Citizenship first" thread on vj....My guess (based on your vj timeline and current USCIS N-400 processing trends) is that you'll have citizenship first before the baby. Not bad though, as you can say to your baby when they are born that you are a USC just like them too.

Hmm...Baby first or Citizenship first for PrinceandPrincess....What's the answer?...

Ant

My husband can't believe it that the USCIS office will open this early. We don't want to reschedule my appointment coz we know that it will delay our case. We want this done as soon as possible before our baby is here. We have to drive 7 and a half hours to Dallas.

Good luck to you Princess! Mine is on Monday at 9.40am. I'm shocked that USCIS are open that early but kudos to them :D

Hi Collie,

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.