K1app

:o OMG!!! INTERVIEW!!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Guys! I so depressed! I just have interview in LA, and lady just give us paper which says ... An adjudicative review of your case is needed. No additional information is required from you at this time. I just google this and........ its mean we were not approved!!! How can be! I know my wife 2 years, we were talking every day by Skype when I was in Ukraine......... And now......... OMG!!! I love her and she love me.... What's happened with USCIS????? What we have to do? The only one thing we different by age...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

It does not mean you have been denied, however. The USCIS needs to review everything including the interviewer's report. That's all. Did something unusual come up in the interview??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Everything looks OK with documents, but lady was no friendly since start of interview. Ask couple questions about where my wife working, and asked me TWO times where I working, I answer the same TWO times I unemployed, because I got my EAD card only couple weeks ago, and haven't get gob yet.

I don't understand why they can't see difference between true and false love and marriage. We have different age and race...but inside we the same. I feel like I don't want to live in this world anymore (don't thinking I try to hurt myself, just feel like that) where you have to be the same age and race to be approved.

Give us more detail please. I doubt that your age difference was the cause of the adjudication. My wife and I are seventeen years apart, and had no such trouble. Also - your profile suggests an Armenian K-1, so what is the deal?

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Is your wife much older than you?

Societal norms tend to make this far less acceptable than a younger woman and an older man. Horribly discriminatory I know, but none the less.....a red flag some adjudicators and CO's wont admit to.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Is your wife much older than you?

Societal norms tend to make this far less acceptable than a younger woman and an older man. Horribly discriminatory I know, but none the less.....a red flag some adjudicators and CO's wont admit to.

This is the AOS interview. Age and race difference make MUCH less difference at USCIS than at the consulate level. Such things are NOT horribly discrimatory in any way. They are an indication of a possible fraudulent realtionship (even if only ONE person knows it is fraudulent) There is a strong cultural bias against older women/younger men in Ukraine. Partially because of the huge discrepancies in the man/woman ratio and partially because of the societal view that older men are more stable and better fathers/husbands and (OH YEAH!!!!) Lovers!!!! :lol: Also because men in Ukraine can easily attract women 15-25 years older than them, any woman marrying a man close to her age will probably be disposed of in a few years for the newer model. (Yeah, the men are like that) An older woman marrying a younger man in Ukraine is considered totally daft and there MUST be some reason other than love that this man is interested in this woman for. It is a valid concern, though not necessarily impossible. Though as I said, I would expect to see that at the consulate level. There is also a level of racism in Ukraine, and more so in Russia that far surpasses anything we would imagine in today's America (think...turn back the clock to the '50s) But again, those things should make a difference at the consulate level not USCIS in the states.

Give us some details of what type of evidence was presented, etc.

PS my wife's stunningly beautiful 39 year old best friend since age 3, just got unceremoniously dumed by her 41 year old husband in Ukraine and he will be marrying a 22 year old as soon as their divorce is final. Alla says "I warned her he wasn't old enough for her when they got married" They were married for 18 years. She is drop dead gorgeous (the second most beautiful woman in the world) and will probably be looking for a fat, bald guy in his 50s as her ideal man! The girl's got the right idea! :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

PS my wife's stunningly beautiful 39 year old best friend since age 3, just got unceremoniously dumed by her 41 year old husband in Ukraine and he will be marrying a 22 year old as soon as their divorce is final. Alla says "I warned her he wasn't old enough for her when they got married" They were married for 18 years. She is drop dead gorgeous (the second most beautiful woman in the world) and will probably be looking for a fat, bald guy in his 50s as her ideal man! The girl's got the right idea! :lol:

Viktoriya tells me this is a very common event in Ukraine now, but unfortunately the tradition of marrying young isn't slowing much. The difference between our cultures seems to be that the 50-ish, bald, fat guy has a legitimate chance at happiness with a younger woman, and no one is shocked at this. When I periodically express to Vika my surprise at her initial interest in a guy my age, she still finds it funny. She says that she never cared about such things, but always wanted a man with a kind heart and warm disposition (she probably got one out of the two), and some one who could really understand her (missed that one by a mile, but my shameles front seems to be holding) and love her all her life (at last I think we found an expectation I can meet). She claims that relationships based on the size of your bank account, car, or popka are doomed anyway.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Viktoriya tells me this is a very common event in Ukraine now, but unfortunately the tradition of marrying young isn't slowing much. The difference between our cultures seems to be that the 50-ish, bald, fat guy has a legitimate chance at happiness with a younger woman, and no one is shocked at this. When I periodically express to Vika my surprise at her initial interest in a guy my age, she still finds it funny. She says that she never cared about such things, but always wanted a man with a kind heart and warm disposition (she probably got one out of the two), and some one who could really understand her (missed that one by a mile, but my shameles front seems to be holding) and love her all her life (at last I think we found an expectation I can meet). She claims that relationships based on the size of your bank account, car, or popka are doomed anyway.

LOL. They seem to be cut from the same cloth. I am 12+ years older and Alla finds that "ideal" and yes there is a tremendous social pressure to get married (22 year olds being considered "old maids" :wacko: ) Cars are a non-issue, most Ukrainian women never dream of owning one and get around in a friends 14 year old Lada when they aren't riding the rusty, clanky trolley.

But yes, most Ukrainian women wouldn't even THINK of a relationship with a young man who isn't even old enough to determine if he will be an alcoholic! When she considers this American phenomenon of "cougars" going for younger men, Alla makes a face worse than when I get whiff of that sticky fish she eats!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Moldova
Timeline

not from Ukraine exactly, but close enough culturally. 22 years old - an old maid? most of my friends are in that range and not married. yes, younger women going for older men is the thing, but strictly a business matter for "brighter" future (in most cases). cars? if only midwest here had some form of public transportation - i'd ride in any kind of trolley, rusty or not.

young man who isn't even old enough to determine if he will be an alcoholic!

so much for a forum that is against generalization. :rollseyes:

to the op (to be on topic somewhat)

i'm a white male and my wife is black. we have an interview coming up october 5. god help us.

Edited by Mimino

Guest Abdeladim+Shannen
Everything looks OK with documents, but lady was no friendly since start of interview. Ask couple questions about where my wife working, and asked me TWO times where I working, I answer the same TWO times I unemployed, because I got my EAD card only couple weeks ago, and haven't get gob yet.

I don't understand why they can't see difference between true and false love and marriage. We have different age and race...but inside we the same. I feel like I don't want to live in this world anymore (don't thinking I try to hurt myself, just feel like that) where you have to be the same age and race to be approved.

i will pray for ok and they not good when the [person dont have a job did they ask for a co sponers? for imcome if not they maybe ask? will pray

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.