Steve S

Private sauna - in the Atlanta area?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In Cheljabinsk there is a great place where you can have 2 hours private sauna for only about 50 bucks. Not traditional Russian banja I guess (never have been, but I have read those involve beatings on the back). It had 2 levels, with stereo and pool table, cold 5-foot deep pool, whirlpool, shower and sauna. There are also 2 bedrooms, and they display beer and condoms for sale in the lobby. :devil:

I tried searching for an amazing date or party place like this in Atlanta but only came up with sauna and pool retailers, or Asian spa places.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Timeline

There was same type sauna in Krasnoyarsk...but never see in USA.

Hot/Cold/Hot/Cold...I remember it was very relaxing

event.png

funny Marina studies english video

K-1 Visa

Days between events...

129F sent NOA1 = 17 days

NOA1 to NOA2 = 150 days...that is 5 MONTHS

NOA2 to NVC in = 11 days

NVC in to NVC out = 24 days

NVC out to being told date of interview = 18 days

NVC out to Interview = 77 days...WAY TOO LONG !

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-13

NVC Received : 2009-08-24

NVC Left : 2009-09-17

Consulate Received : approx : 2009-09-30

Medical exam, Dr Boris : 2009-12-01 Marina passed...with a few shots

Interview : 2009-12-02...Marina passed!!! Visa in hand

Where did the last year go?

Wait wait wait, now we rush to both be ready.

She flys out this Friday, and we both have so much to do!

The house looks as only a guy has lived here for many years.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 150 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 261 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline
In Cheljabinsk there is a great place where you can have 2 hours private sauna for only about 50 bucks. Not traditional Russian banja I guess (never have been, but I have read those involve beatings on the back). It had 2 levels, with stereo and pool table, cold 5-foot deep pool, whirlpool, shower and sauna. There are also 2 bedrooms, and they display beer and condoms for sale in the lobby. :devil:

I tried searching for an amazing date or party place like this in Atlanta but only came up with sauna and pool retailers, or Asian spa places.

i live here in atlanta,there are 2 choices,,,,,,,,,asian places....or chateau elan.asian places are a little unsavory to go to.chateua elan is expensive

Timeline

I should add that this place was very clean, and there was nothing unsavory about it. I imagine for a private sauna comparable to this at Chateau Elan the price would be orders of magnitude greater.

i live here in atlanta,there are 2 choices,,,,,,,,,asian places....or chateau elan.asian places are a little unsavory to go to.chateua elan is expensive

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
In Cheljabinsk there is a great place where you can have 2 hours private sauna for only about 50 bucks. Not traditional Russian banja I guess (never have been, but I have read those involve beatings on the back).

Don't believe the things you read about banyas in the western press. I was similarly wary about the "beatings with twigs" until I went myself.

If you have a Russian banya nearby, treat yourself. I absolutely love going, especially in the Winter. The place my wife and I go to has several different heated rooms, some dry and some wet, all with different temperatures. There's a lounge area where people throw back Baltika and vodka, order food, etc. My favorite thing is hanging out in the hottest room until it gets uncomfortable and then jumping into a pool of ice-cold water. Sounds insane, just like the Russian guys who do the same thing in freezing river water, right? It's the best feeling in the world, and not at all uncomfortable, despite how it looks on TV.

I stopped trying to get my American friends to join us, they always give me a wierd look as if the whole banya thing is some quirky, uncomfortable tradition among Russians. The joke's on them, though - it's a million times more relaxing than ordering takeout and a six-pack and watching TV.

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

My wife has been bugging me to find something like this near our home. We live in Northern California and so far all I've found is the public type spas that have some items, but nothing like in Russia or Ukraine. It seems that here in America we are too hung up about men and women being naked in steam rooms or hot baths. I guess everyone figures that only the gay needed those places until they were closed down for the aids epidemic.

Personally, if some other women get to see my ugly naked body they won't in the least be tempted to leave their husbands. This country has some really puritanical hangups. We can watch blood spurting from some body in a movie but don't you dare show an adult's butt. What's wrong with that picture? :angry:

Timeline

Olya "treated" me and her son Igor to the same experience in Kaluga. Private rooms, of "Dry heat sauna" 120C+, a shower and the cold bath, and also the "relaxing room" for 2 hours. It was the first time for me (and for Igor). The first time in the sauna got to me a bit, wasn't sure if I could handle it but after doing the cold shower then cold bath, relaxing for a bit. I was ready do do the sauna again.

All told did the "circuit" 4 times in this 2 hours span, which also included Olya scrubing the heck out of me (to clean the body). and when we were finished I never felt more relaxed, revitalized and clean. I LOVED IT :D

Trying now to find one of this is the Chicagoland area, for when Olya and Igor arrive

post-70483-1253724705_thumb.jpg

post-70483-1253724747_thumb.jpg

Роберт и Оля

began communication Nov 2008

1st meeting March 2009

met Mama March 2009

2nd meeting June 2009

3rd meeting August 2009

1st weekend spent at the Dacha August 2009

1st visit to the Banya August 2009

4th Meeting February 2010

NOA1 February 24 (we are together at this time!)

NOA2 April 13

5th Meeting June 2010

Medical Exam July 1

Interview July 12, 2010 at 10am (originally June 8)

6th meeting --- October 31, 2010 Finished my contract in Iraq and head to Russia so as that we all (myself, Olga and her son Igor) can travel together to America

Arrived --- November 11, 2010

MARRIED --- December 10, 2010!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.