aussiewench

Waiting for NVC and Interview

485 posts in this topic

Hello, Konfuz!

My husband Called the NVC today to make a follow-up on our case. The operator said that they mailed my documents already yesterday, March 2, to the US Embassy in Manila. I am wondering if that means I will be given a schedule already once the embassy receives it. Any ideas?

Thanks and good luck to all of us!

That means you should already have a scheduled date. Just keep updated. You can check at Manila embassy website. They will post there 2nd week of this month the schedules for April. Good luck. :thumbs:

Joy ;)

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, Konfuz!

My husband Called the NVC today to make a follow-up on our case. The operator said that they mailed my documents already yesterday, March 2, to the US Embassy in Manila. I am wondering if that means I will be given a schedule already once the embassy receives it. Any ideas?

That means you should already have a scheduled date. Just keep updated. You can check at Manila embassy website. They will post there 2nd week of this month the schedules for April. Good luck. :thumbs:

Joy ;)

I hope and pray that I have a scheduled date already. Im so nervous actually to even call or see the website and be disappointed again if I don't see my case number yet. This has been an emotional ride to me and to others also who are waiting for their date.

thank you for your encouragement! :star:

07.05.05 - Submitted form I-130 at USCIS in Germany

12.09.05 - CASE COMPLETED

March 27, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!!

PUT On AR (Cenomar thing!)

April 26 - VISA ISSUED

April 28, 2006 - VISA DELIVERED!!!

May 7 - FLY TO THE US! YEHEY!

Hello, Konfuz!

Joy ;)

I hope and pray that I have a scheduled date already. Im so nervous actually to even call or see the website and be disappointed again if I don't see my case number yet. This has been an emotional ride to me and to others also who are waiting for their date.

Hi,

You can call to Embassy Manila to check your case. I haven't check mine last week. So maybe my husband will call at NVC tomorrow. I hope it's good news. Wish you luck.

Hello, Konfuz!

Joy ;)

Hi,

You can call to Embassy Manila to check your case. I haven't check mine last week. So maybe my husband will call at NVC tomorrow. I hope it's good news. Wish you luck.

Hi, Joy and Kimjoshian.

You wouldn't believe it but I called the Embassy today to ask if I do have a schedule already. The operator was talking sooo slow(probably deliberately for the PLDT to earn more!). She asked several times the spelling of my last name, 1st name and my middle name. When I gave my middle name, she asked if thats my only middle name. What the heck??!! So anyway, there I was being held to wait and when she finally came back, she said they don't have any records of my case yet and to call on April 2 to make a follow-up! And here's the catch, she said that right now they are only prioritizing family and employment based status. Hello? So what does that make us?? Im so frustrated with this passing on of info from the NVC and Embassy. Its like they couldn't give out direct answers to your questions.

April 26 - VISA ISSUED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello, Konfuz!

Joy ;)

Hi,

Hi, Joy and Kimjoshian.

You wouldn't believe it but I called the Embassy today to ask if I do have a schedule already. The operator was talking sooo slow(probably deliberately for the PLDT to earn more!). She asked several times the spelling of my last name, 1st name and my middle name. When I gave my middle name, she asked if thats my only middle name. What the heck??!! So anyway, there I was being held to wait and when she finally came back, she said they don't have any records of my case yet and to call on April 2 to make a follow-up! And here's the catch, she said that right now they are only prioritizing family and employment based status. Hello? So what does that make us?? Im so frustrated with this passing on of info from the NVC and Embassy. Its like they couldn't give out direct answers to your questions.

mrs.mnez if you do have a date this might be good news for Manilla since your case was completed in December. Maybe they are finally catching up! Good Luck

Mrs. Mnez, I think what you will find happened is that because you have an expedited case, the NVC sent the paperwork directly to Manila to be treated as a k3 Visa. You can still expect to wait some time for your interview (k1 seems to be 4 months right now).

Konfuz, as my experience has told me so far, just be patient, I know that is very hard to do. If your case was completed on Dec 8th, then in reality you need to expect a May to June interview date.

Classic, June to July should be your magic month.

I know this is not news you want to hear as I also was told how long it will be and I still got excited everymonth only to be let down. Even now I am frustrated beyond belief with this process and I already have an interview date in two weeks.

Everyone keep your spirits up I know this is the hardest thing we have ever done, but if I can survive two years of this waiting (and I am horrible) then I am sure with VJ help and support you will also be OK. I am always here to answer any questions and to update what happens in a PH interview for IR1.

Love guys

Brian

Time line:

11/28/2003 Married in civil cerimony in Philippines

5/08/2004 Moved to Philippines for Job relocation

10/01/2004 Relocated back to Texas for Job DAMNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

10/05/2004 Filed I-130 for my wife and stepson

11/02/2004 Notice that I-130 transfered from TSC to CSC

11/27/2004 I-130 Approved and sent to NVC

12/27/2004 Case number generated at NVC

1/15/2005 Received Agent assignment packet

1/29/2005 Received AOS Fee Bill

2/08/2005 Daughter Born (Angelle) in Manila

2/25/2005 NVC Generated IV Fee Bill

4/01/2005 Received IV Fee payment Back

4/05/2005 Gone to Manila to Register baby as US Citizen

5/14/2005 fee bill accepted

5/23/2005 ds230 generated

7/29/2005 RFE received for ds230 part 2

9/19/2005 Case Completed (Eternal and everlasting waiting begins)

3/09/2006 Medical Completed

3/21/2006 Fly to Philippines for interview

3/23/2006 Interview date

4/12/2006 If all goes well I come home with my family

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi, Joy and Kimjoshian.

Mrs. Mnez,

I know, NVC operators are not consistence regarding give you any info for your case.

Have you ever tried calling Department of State ( 1-202-663-1225)?

hope you hear some good news soon...

YamSam

CSC Timeline

05/03/2005 NOA1 for I-130 CR1

10/28/2005 NOA2

NVC Timeline

11/15/2005 - NVC case number assigned

01/04/2006 - NVC completed the case... ( 50 days)

01/11/2006 Case sent to Embassy

01/16/2006 Case deliverd to Embassy as per DHL tracking

February 7th, 2006 Found out Interview date by Calling DOS (202-663-1225)

February 13, 2006 - Packet 4 received

March 21st, 2006 - Medical

March 23rd, 2006 - Interview --- VISA APPROVED

March 24th - Passport received. ( Applicant picked up passport from Courier/delivery service office)

April 7th - Hubby's POE at Chicago.

April 10th - Trip to SSA Local office to apply for Social Security Card.

April 27th - 1st Welcome letter

May 1st - 2nd Welcome letter

May5th - Received Social Security card in mail

May 11th - Received Green Card in mail

196 Days @ USCIS ( 178 for NOA2 + 18 case transfer at NVC)

50 Days @ NVC to complete the case

13 Days @ case transfer at embassy

65 Days @ Embassy

Total -324 days from NOA1 to Visa approval

.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi there,

As per the automated NVC helpline, our case was completed on February 21st... what happens now? The machine said to wait for up to 8 weeks, but I don't know what I'm waiting for! I think we're waiting for confirmation that they've sent the case to London.

I'm a bit concerned as most cases seem to be forwarded to the embassy relatively quickly. Is 3 weeks a long time to wait for the case to be sent to London?

After it's sent how long before an interview date is generated?

What's the quickest way to find out the interview date? Does the London Consulate have a website it lists them on?

Will ringing the DOS number help, or can they only assist if the date has actually been scheduled?

Please help!!! :)

Hi there,

As per the automated NVC helpline, our case was completed on February 21st... what happens now? The machine said to wait for up to 8 weeks, but I don't know what I'm waiting for! I think we're waiting for confirmation that they've sent the case to London.

I'm a bit concerned as most cases seem to be forwarded to the embassy relatively quickly. Is 3 weeks a long time to wait for the case to be sent to London?

What's the quickest way to find out the interview date? Does the London Consulate have a website it lists them on?

Will ringing the DOS number help, or can they only assist if the date has actually been scheduled?

NVC updates the automated messages at the begining of the week!!...the message will tell you when they send your file to London, as they did with my file!!

its too soon to call DOS.....my case was sent to London on the 21st Feb, I still have'nt got an interview date, but i am going to email to find out if the have put my case into the Computer at the London Embassy!!

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi there,

Hi YellowStar,

Call the NVC automated system again.. You may be surprised to hear the new message of case transffered at the Embassy.

After your case transfers at the Embassy, you will be placed in a queue for Interview appointments.

When I called the DOS just a week after my case was transffered at the embassy, the DOS person told me that it was way too early for an interview, as it takes approximately 2 months for my embassy ( Bombay, India).

Good Luck.

YamSam

CSC Timeline

05/03/2005 NOA1 for I-130 CR1

10/28/2005 NOA2

NVC Timeline

11/15/2005 - NVC case number assigned

01/04/2006 - NVC completed the case... ( 50 days)

01/11/2006 Case sent to Embassy

01/16/2006 Case deliverd to Embassy as per DHL tracking

February 7th, 2006 Found out Interview date by Calling DOS (202-663-1225)

February 13, 2006 - Packet 4 received

March 21st, 2006 - Medical

March 23rd, 2006 - Interview --- VISA APPROVED

March 24th - Passport received. ( Applicant picked up passport from Courier/delivery service office)

April 7th - Hubby's POE at Chicago.

April 10th - Trip to SSA Local office to apply for Social Security Card.

April 27th - 1st Welcome letter

May 1st - 2nd Welcome letter

May5th - Received Social Security card in mail

May 11th - Received Green Card in mail

196 Days @ USCIS ( 178 for NOA2 + 18 case transfer at NVC)

50 Days @ NVC to complete the case

13 Days @ case transfer at embassy

65 Days @ Embassy

Total -324 days from NOA1 to Visa approval

.png

Hi mrs. mnez,

In my case, NVC told me that my case has been sent to the embassy. Then I asked NVC for the exact date & time of interview & they are able to tell me. Anyway, they are the one who did the scheduling.

Then, I emailed embassy & asked for my status (pretending I dont know anything :D

Embassy emailed me back saying they don't have my file. Of course I got nervous because my hubby did not get the interview packet yet.

So I emailed embassy back & I mentioned what NVC said.

Embassy emailed again & said they have my papers & my schedule is set!]

So bottomline is that Embassy might be 100% inaccurate. Sometimes I have a feeling that they are just guessing if they dont know the answer. :angry:

So don't get frustrated of what these embassy people say.

If you could call NVC & ask them the dates, that might be more accurate.

Goodluck & hang on.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You might want to wait until tomorrow to call im having bad luck the system isnt working. You think you might get to talk to an operator and instead it puts you on some of the automated system then hangs up on you.

Hi there,

It's the same happened to us. We were very excited about what automated said that our case was completed and has been sent to embassy,we have to wait 8 weeks for further instructions. But after 8 weeks of waiting, my husband called at the embassy, and they said they havent received our record yet. It was so frustrating. So we called to NVC and talked to operator there we found out that they didn't forward our case yet to the embassy. I felt so hopeless. I've been 6 months away from my husband. It is so hard. :crying:

Edited by konfuz

Hey guys!

Thanks for your responses. My hubby called the NVC and DOS yesterday and they both gave the same answers--they don't know a definite schedule for my interview yet. The info on their system says that my files have been sent to the Embassy since March 2. DOS said that the embassy requested to have my documents sent to start with the expedite process. I just don't think it would be wise for the embassy to keep it for more months before scheduling an interview, because this would forfeit the whole purpose of the expedite request. My husband is deploying in November and will be gone for a year or more, so you could just imagine my anxiety building up every single day. It's like my husband and I are running against time here. Right now I'm praying for a miracle.

My thoughts and prayers are with each and every one of you who are just like in my shoes. God bless everyone!

April 26 - VISA ISSUED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.