masteryfic

DS 156 - Question#32

24 posts in this topic

Doesn't really matter if you put yes or no. DS 156 is used for many different kinds of visa and not just for immigrants.

I imagine "most" immigrants intend to work. Some attend school also but don't have immediated plans.

If you put YES with work authorization then you should put an employer also.

Putting No would be lieing for most people.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Do you intend to work in the US?

I answered NO. is this ok?

im done my papers and i started yesterday. :wacko:

please tell me who among here answered No and YEs. lol

I answered "YES, With proper approval." our papers sailed right through.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I answered it yes,with working authorization...

you gotta work in the future and help your husband specially when husband is only earning enough to support everday expenses...

its just being real,unless your fiance is earning way way beyond the poverty lines...

October 26, 2009 >AOS package sent thru USPS priority mail (day1)

October 29, 2009 >Item delivered Chicago IL, 60680 (Recieved Date) (day4)

November 3, 2009 >Notice date for I-485, I-131, I-765 (NOA's) (day9)

November 6, 2009 >Recieved in the Mail (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Touched (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Notice date for biometrics letter (day12)

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

November 27, 2009 >Biometrics Appointment Done (day33)

November 27, 2009 >Touched :D(day33)

December 16, 2009 >Touched EAD "Card Production Ordered" (day53)

December 16, 2009 >Touched AP (day53)

December 17, 2009 >Touched EAD (day54)

December 17, 2009 >Touched AP (day54)

December 18, 2009 >Touched AP (day55)

December 21, 2009 >Recieved Advanced parole in the mail (day58)

December 21, 2009 >Touched EAD"Card production ordered" (day58)

February 04, 2010 > Interview @ 12:30 pm,done and approved (day103)

February 11, 2010 > Welcome Letter Aarrived

February 16, 2010 > GC Recieved

I answered "Yes, I intend to work after I have received my EAD."

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline

you gotta work in the future and help your husband specially when husband is only earning enough to support everday expenses...

its just being real,unless your fiance is earning way way beyond the poverty lines...

what is meant by the phrase " with work authorization" ?

does it mean we have work authorization before receiving the visa?

Event Date

Meet Online : October 2005

First Visit : June 2007

Second Visit : End of December 2007 - January 2008

Engaged : December 29, 2007 (inside the airport car waaaa!!)

Third Visit : March 2009

I-129F Sent : April 22, 2009

I-129F NOA1 : May 14, 2009

I-129F NOA2 : August 14, 2009

NOA2 letter recd: August 20, 2009

NVC left : August 25, 2009

NVC letter recd: August 26, 2009

Consulate recd: unknown

Packet 3 : no packet 3

Medical : Sept. 14 - 15, 2009 - passed

Interview: Sept. 23, 2009 - Approved! yay thank you lord

POE : California - October 22, 2009 with my sweetie!

Hi there.

After your girl gets her visa, lands in the US and you guys get married, she has to apply for Adjustment of Status (AOS), Advance Parole (AP) and Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

AOS allows her to change her status from temporary resident to conditional permanent resident (where she will receive a conditional 2-year green card).

AP allows her to travel outside the US without fear of losing her status.

EAD gives her authorization to work in the US. She will not be allowed to work without it.

You may want to read the Guides about AOS, AP and EAD.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline
Hi there.

After your girl gets her visa, lands in the US and you guys get married, she has to apply for Adjustment of Status (AOS), Advance Parole (AP) and Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

AOS allows her to change her status from temporary resident to conditional permanent resident (where she will receive a conditional 2-year green card).

AP allows her to travel outside the US without fear of losing her status.

EAD gives her authorization to work in the US. She will not be allowed to work without it.

You may want to read the Guides about AOS, AP and EAD.

ok thanks alot for this. i understand now.

Event Date

Meet Online : October 2005

First Visit : June 2007

Second Visit : End of December 2007 - January 2008

Engaged : December 29, 2007 (inside the airport car waaaa!!)

Third Visit : March 2009

I-129F Sent : April 22, 2009

I-129F NOA1 : May 14, 2009

I-129F NOA2 : August 14, 2009

NOA2 letter recd: August 20, 2009

NVC left : August 25, 2009

NVC letter recd: August 26, 2009

Consulate recd: unknown

Packet 3 : no packet 3

Medical : Sept. 14 - 15, 2009 - passed

Interview: Sept. 23, 2009 - Approved! yay thank you lord

POE : California - October 22, 2009 with my sweetie!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Best is YES and write: But I don't have any immediate plans to work.

Do you think the CO will believe you don't intend to work in the US?

when does work authorization occur during for K1 visa?

Never. The K-1 is not a work visa.

You will receive work authorization after you are married and file for AOS and EAD. Until you have an EAD or green card, you are not authorized to work.

No. It means you need to have work authorization before you work. Maybe it is simpler in your case, just to say "NO" and let it go at that.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Best is YES and write: But I don't have any immediate plans to work.

Do you think the CO will believe you don't intend to work in the US?

when does work authorization occur during for K1 visa?

Never. The K-1 is not a work visa.

You will receive work authorization after you are married and file for AOS and EAD. Until you have an EAD or green card, you are not authorized to work.

False. K-1 status is eligible for work authorization—otherwise SSA wouldn't issue Social Security Numbers to K-1s prior to AOS.

While it's pointless because of the short validity of the K-1 status and the processing time and cost for an EAD, it is possible to apply for and receive an EAD based on K-1 status prior to applying for AOS.

No. It means you need to have work authorization before you work. Maybe it is simpler in your case, just to say "NO" and let it go at that.

"With work authorization" means after filing the I-765 and, upon approval, receiving an Employment Authorization Document card. Most people apply for this at the time of filing for adjustment of status to permanent resident.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.