Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
maybe i am missing something here

but i think roxie's comment is being taken waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously

i don't know her history, maybe there is more to this than meets the eye but i just think perhaps a little too much is being read into

apparently some of my post got chopped off

i think what she's really trying to say is there is a greater sense of permanency with a marriage

not to say an engagement is not valid and permanent

but you are legally bound as a wedded couple, so any challenges pose not just a matter of the heart but a legal matter

maybe she could have expressed it in a more politically correct way

and in any case fiance and marriage visas are taking pretty much the same time nowadays with maybe a month or 2 difference

i think it's just as ridiculous to rub the so called "expeditious" K1 in other ppl's faces, as it is to preach about the so called "superiority" of the CR1/IR1

i don't know her history, maybe there is more to this than meets the eye but i just think perhaps a little too much is being read into

No...this has been a constant banter from Roxcie that CR1s get penalized by the government because they decided to get married first...and they are more committed to their mates than K1 filers...the whole gauntlet. She and others are of the mindset that K1 visas should be processed after CR1 visas because they are really "family" and 100% committed and K1s are not.

I usually ignore her posts just because of this...but it's just the same tired violin playing over and over with her...and it got to me tonight. Trust me I'm not reading more into what she posted. I'm used to people saying I take things waaaaaaaaaay too seriously...but I just can't stomach self-pitying ignorance as an excuse to discount someone else's feelings.

i figured it was more to the situation

i take your point

Bunz thanks for attempting to try and shed some light on Roxie's post....I too, like you, don't know of the history of previous comments made which have sparked Quana's or Jawi's response BUT I do see and agree with Roxie and her points that you clarified. It is what it is....CR1's are legally bound and that isn't the case with K1's. That may be the only difference in the two BUT it is a MAJOR one.

We all made our choices to do CR1 or K1 for our own personal reasons. One is no better than the other. I don't think anyone has a right to throw salt on either route.

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Do you think i will be ok if i have my brother type's up a letter stating that he works at XYZ company but they are unble to provide him with an employment letter due to company policy and just attach his pay check stubs to it ??

Most supervisors will state the same thing because most employers use an outside agency for employment verification...and they do not include immigration offices in the process. I would suggest that he explains the situation to his HR representative...they have to provide proof of employment at his request...that is part of their job...my company uses an outside agency and you have to pay for the verification. Well, you know that USCIS and its entities will not pay for your employment verification, so I just went to HR and explaine that the company stated that I could not get employment verification for immigration through their site. Presto...done.

apparently some of my post got chopped off

i think what she's really trying to say is there is a greater sense of permanency with a marriage

not to say an engagement is not valid and permanent

but you are legally bound as a wedded couple, so any challenges pose not just a matter of the heart but a legal matter

maybe she could have expressed it in a more politically correct way

and in any case fiance and marriage visas are taking pretty much the same time nowadays with maybe a month or 2 difference

i think it's just as ridiculous to rub the so called "expeditious" K1 in other ppl's faces, as it is to preach about the so called "superiority" of the CR1/IR1

I have never rubbed the K1 process in anyone's face...nor am I sitting a complaining that my husband can't go and check on his sick daughter or work yet. I knew it going in that was going to be one of the drawbacks. That is all I'm saying...stop whinining about the time it takes when you made the decision.

No...this has been a constant banter from Roxcie that CR1s get penalized by the government because they decided to get married first...and they are more committed to their mates than K1 filers...the whole gauntlet. She and others are of the mindset that K1 visas should be processed after CR1 visas because they are really "family" and 100% committed and K1s are not.

I usually ignore her posts just because of this...but it's just the same tired violin playing over and over with her...and it got to me tonight. Trust me I'm not reading more into what she posted. I'm used to people saying I take things waaaaaaaaaay too seriously...but I just can't stomach self-pitying ignorance as an excuse to discount someone else's feelings.

i figured it was more to the situation

i take your point

Bunz thanks for attempting to try and shed some light on Roxie's post....I too, like you, don't know of the history of previous comments made which have sparked Quana's or Jawi's response BUT I do see and agree with Roxie and her points that you clarified. It is what it is....CR1's are legally bound and that isn't the case with K1's. That may be the only difference in the two BUT it is a MAJOR one.

We all made our choices to do CR1 or K1 for our own personal reasons. One is no better than the other. I don't think anyone has a right to throw salt on either route.

My point exactly. Stop discounting someone else because their process may move slightly faster....it is the same crab in a barrel mentality....and misery loves company. I don't care it was insensitive and self-indulgent...and enough is enough already. DANG!!!

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all!

Looks like it's just us Fall interview people in here tonight! :D

hi ladies, im thinkin about doing the skyauction thing hoping I can get a ticket...

My2, Heaven, MsTee (((waving)))

I hate when post in the wrong spot. lol. hi ladies, im thinkin about doing the skyauction thing hoping I can get a ticket...

Be very careful with skyauction on flights and read the fine print carefully - There are additional fees depending on where you fly from, and it is not necessarily cheaper - My friend won from Chicago - when she looked into the fees, it would have cost her $250 more to use the ticket than just to book it straight out.

Jawi - you started my day off to a great start!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

*****Disclaimer -- One of Jawi's long posts...feel free to keep moving if it bothers your eyes to read more than one sentence/paragraph at a time****

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

The immigration process is a stressful process all the way around. There is nothing easy about any of it. It takes its toll one way or the other...be it with the amount of time you wait for the infamous red tape to clear...the amount of money you spend...or the nervous anticipation of your immediate future or entire life changing at the swipe of someone's pen.

I understand and know that CR1s were notoriously lengthy to process...it used to be a minimum two year wait. I personally think it is absurd to make family wait that long...however, the USCIS has made some great strides in reducing that time. I have seen some CR1s approved in as little time as a month. I guess what burns me is when I think about the K1 cases that were not expedient at all...and to say they don't matter or that they are not as stressful...wow.

Think about the K1 cases like Mrs. Palmer...yankeesgirl...and I'm sure everyone knows about Estadia (Sarah)...she waited over 2 years for yes...a fiance' visa just to be approved. She is one of the most selfless people I have seen...always encouraging and congratulating people that came way after her. Did it break her heart less because she wasn't married to her man? Did she not cry and wonder why it was taking so long because she wasn't married? I think she has waited longer than most K1s or CR1s combined. I KNOW that Mrs. P and yankeesgirl have waited longer than any of us...they had no choice. They got a delay...but they were committed to their relationships, and opted not to walk away. Now, they have opted to marry and go CR1....but it doesn't make their periods of separation any less stressful or painful.

When I got approved, I celebrated my great news...but I still asked Roxcie how her process was coming along on a fairly consistent basis. I tried to be encouraging towards her...even though her posts always put K1s beneath her. I understand the legalities of being married and separated...but she doesn't come from that angle in the majority of her posts...she comes from a personal angle...almost in attack mode.

None of us created this crazy process...so why not direct the ire toward the appropriate entities that can possibly make the changes rather than her fellow VJers? I'm just tired of her discounting others as less important because they decided to get married in the USA instead of their spouses country.

My response last night was not all warm and fuzzy and politically correct...but when I feel passionate about something, the only way I know how to give it to you is straight. Does it mean I dislike or hate Roxcie? Nope...just dislike her way of thinking on this topic or rather the way she expresses her discontent.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline
Morning all!

Looks like it's just us Fall interview people in here tonight! :D

hi ladies, im thinkin about doing the skyauction thing hoping I can get a ticket...

My2, Heaven, MsTee (((waving)))

I hate when post in the wrong spot. lol. hi ladies, im thinkin about doing the skyauction thing hoping I can get a ticket...

Be very careful with skyauction on flights and read the fine print carefully - There are additional fees depending on where you fly from, and it is not necessarily cheaper - My friend won from Chicago - when she looked into the fees, it would have cost her $250 more to use the ticket than just to book it straight out.

Jawi - you started my day off to a great start!

Oooh yeah Ms. Tee...please be sure to read the fine print BEFORE you bid on skyauction....flights especially. I have found that they are always more expensive in the long run. I have gotten great deals on hotels though...but after carefully reviewing the additional fees/requirements.

What did I do Sus? LOL

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
*****Disclaimer -- One of Jawi's long posts...feel free to keep moving if it bothers your eyes to read more than one sentence/paragraph at a time****

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

The immigration process is a stressful process all the way around. There is nothing easy about any of it. It takes its toll one way or the other...be it with the amount of time you wait for the infamous red tape to clear...the amount of money you spend...or the nervous anticipation of your immediate future or entire life changing at the swipe of someone's pen.

I understand and know that CR1s were notoriously lengthy to process...it used to be a minimum two year wait. I personally think it is absurd to make family wait that long...however, the USCIS has made some great strides in reducing that time. I have seen some CR1s approved in as little time as a month. I guess what burns me is when I think about the K1 cases that were not expedient at all...and to say they don't matter or that they are not as stressful...wow.

Think about the K1 cases like Mrs. Palmer...yankeesgirl...and I'm sure everyone knows about Estadia (Sarah)...she waited over 2 years for yes...a fiance' visa just to be approved. She is one of the most selfless people I have seen...always encouraging and congratulating people that came way after her. Did it break her heart less because she wasn't married to her man? Did she not cry and wonder why it was taking so long because she wasn't married? I think she has waited longer than most K1s or CR1s combined. I KNOW that Mrs. P and yankeesgirl have waited longer than any of us...they had no choice. They got a delay...but they were committed to their relationships, and opted not to walk away. Now, they have opted to marry and go CR1....but it doesn't make their periods of separation any less stressful or painful.

When I got approved, I celebrated my great news...but I still asked Roxcie how her process was coming along on a fairly consistent basis. I tried to be encouraging towards her...even though her posts always put K1s beneath her. I understand the legalities of being married and separated...but she doesn't come from that angle in the majority of her posts...she comes from a personal angle...almost in attack mode.

None of us created this crazy process...so why not direct the ire toward the appropriate entities that can possibly make the changes rather than her fellow VJers? I'm just tired of her discounting others as less important because they decided to get married in the USA instead of their spouses country.

My response last night was not all warm and fuzzy and politically correct...but when I feel passionate about something, the only way I know how to give it to you is straight. Does it mean I dislike or hate Roxcie? Nope...just dislike her way of thinking on this topic or rather the way she expresses her discontent.

well said jawi! AMEN.....

morning ladies!!! hope everyone has a great day! today is mrs. p's big day......parying for you girl and sending positive vibes your way....hopefully we will have fantastic news from her and another VJer to celebrate for!!!!!!!!

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Timeline

Sending a rally cry of support for our girl Mrs. P and her husband Mr. P on their interview date! We are waiting with bated breath Mrs. P...but I know that you will be just fine...best wishes!

Celebrate good times come on!!! Let's celebrate! :dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline

Good morning, All!

Sending "Approved" vibes to MrsPalmer.

Why am I hosting a meeting right now for dozens of people around the world, and the Sametime links aren't working. :angry: Fortunately, these are IT people, so 20 (so far) have found their way in.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mrs P.. Can't wait to hear the good news of APPROVE!!!!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
Good morning, All!

Sending "Approved" vibes to MrsPalmer.

Why am I hosting a meeting right now for dozens of people around the world, and the Sametime links aren't working. :angry: Fortunately, these are IT people, so 20 (so far) have found their way in.

Girl whatever could go wrong...can and will go wrong. We use Sametime too...but only for internal IMs...and we use Cisco Net Meetings or something (can't remember the exact name right now) for widespread web conference calls/meetings.

Don't let it rattle you...do your thang Nat! :thumbs:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We used to use Sametime - we just switched to Outlook communicator - I can't stand it - with Sametime, only key people had it - with Communicator everyone does - people just pop up all the time, makes me NUTS!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Good Morning ladies!!

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

Timeline

Hey Yankee,

How is the wedding planning coming along?

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.