spokaneblueyes

Anyone no what revocation means????????????

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I received an email today from the embassy in Tunisia that my husband immigration paperwork had been sent back to the Rome Embassy. They are the one that approvied the I 130. I don't really understand what revocation means. and what my legal rights are. :help::help::help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

so sorry to hear this...

revocation means that they are in the act of repealing/annulling your petition. i would contact your state senator, see if they can help you...

again... so sorry to hear this...

there may be someone here on VJ who can help you more... there IS one VJ member who seems knowledgeable about the process, and you can look her up by her VJ nickname (OHIOBUCK). she, among others, could be a huge help to you... also, look for the VJ member KIYA... send these ladies messages asking for their help...

good luck!

God bless!

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Timeline
I received an email today from the embassy in Tunisia that my husband immigration paperwork had been sent back to the Rome Embassy. They are the one that approvied the I 130. I don't really understand what revocation means. and what my legal rights are. :help::help::help:

can you type the contents of the letter OMIT case numbers and dates.

so we can understand better...

shon.gif

Timeline

This is what the email said!!!!

Your husband's case has been forwarded to the Department of Homeland

Security with a recommendation for a revocation of his petition. We did

receive an inquiry from your congresswoman as well as your attached

letter to her, and we have responded to her office. We have also

received several faxes from friends of your husband.

The timeline of your husband's case is no longer in the hands of US

Embassy Tunis, but in those of the DHS Officer in Charge at US Embassy

Rome. If Rome decides to send the petition back to us your husband will

be issued his visa without much further interviewing. (That is, unless

either your or his situation has changed dramatically.) However, if

they decide to revoke the petition DHS will inform you directly.

You may rest assured that should DHS send us the petition we will

contact your husband immediately.

Sincerely,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy - Tunis

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm so sorry.. I hope your congressman or senator can contact DHS and do something for you to have it sent back to Tunisia. My thoughts are with you. Good luck to you,

Sarah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Don't really have much info on this stuff but wishing you the best - sorry you're going through this. (F)

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Sincerely,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy - Tunis

I read this several times, and it sounds like if Rome decides all is cool and sends the petition back to Tunis, he gets the visa. If they decide all is not cool, it gets sent back to the USA and then what, I don't know.

Do you mind if I ask why it was sent to Rome? Does he have affiliations in Rome? (confuzzled... but then that's nothing much new.)

I'm sure you're in a real tedious position as far as your emotions go. I've got you tightly in my prayers.

Timeline

Because I filed at the embassy in tunisia and Rome is the main office for this part of the world. Yes this very hard for both of us. We have been married a year in Sept. and still have not made any headway with this embassy. I am hoping Rome will send it back to tunis they are the office that approved the I 130.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.

marci

Edited by spokaneblueyes

Marci,

I feel your pain as my best friend's husband is in a similar jam. Have you contacted your representatives to make inquiries in Rome? I do hope they can be of help.

Best wishes,

Christine (F)

WBhW.jpgbunbuntdg20060306_-8_Amira%20is.png

REMOVING CONDITIONS

6/30/07 - Mailed I-751 via Priority Mail with Delivery notification

7/02/07 - Delivered to USCIS in Laguna Niguel,CA

7/07/07 - CSC returns I-751 packet because we used an older I-751 version. Mailed I-751 with latest(02/07) version via Priority Mail with delivery notification

7/09/07 - Deliverd to USCIS

7/10/07 - NOA date

7/12/07 - USCIS cashes check

7/21/07 - NOA received(GC extended for one year)

7/24/07 - Biometrics notice received

8/10/07 - Biometrics appointment in W. LA

8/28/07 - Card production ordered

8/29/07 - Approval notice received online

8/30/07 - Approval notice recieved in mail

9/04/07 - 10 yr GC received in mail

Sincerely,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy - Tunis

you need to contact your congressman. find out the reason for the NOIR.

you need to get the decision reaffirmed. < get the decision reversed >

you need to find out each thing it sayes on that paper and respond to each thing with proof.

also you need to get in contact with your attorney

Good luck.

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What I am reading is that they don't believe your marriage is real, and they are sending it back to Rome with a request to have the petition revoked. There are several of us in that situation right now from Morocco, the difference is that our petitions went back to the US to be revoked.

If it helps any I know of I think 4 people that have had their petitions reaffirmed, so hope isn't lost. The problem is the time involved. Ours was sent back almost 11 months ago. I hope Rome isn't as slow as CSC.

I wish you luck.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

'Morocco4ever' where you supplied with documtation of they proof they had for this action so you could fight it. If so could I ask what the reason that was given to you for this action?? Have you been waiting 11 month for them to reconfirm the I 130.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
'Morocco4ever' where you supplied with documtation of they proof they had for this action so you could fight it. If so could I ask what the reason that was given to you for this action?? Have you been waiting 11 month for them to reconfirm the I 130.

None of the people I know were actually told what the reasons are. All my 221g said was that it was being sent back to the CIS for further review. My congressman is the one that found out that they doubt the validity of the relationship. Also, my husband and I have gone over the questions of the interview thorougly, and we are about 90% sure about the reason.

First I must tell you that there is an age difference between me and my husband, I am older. I believe this is the red flag that sparked the initial doubt. But he was questioned extensively about his sister that lives here in the US. They asked him if he had relatives living here in the US. He said he has a sister and an ex brother in law. They asked him why his sister got divorced, he said that she isn't divorced. They thought that the ex brother in law and sister were married, but the ex is from a different sister that has never been in the US. They searched their database on the computer for his sister but couldn't find her. They asked if she arranged our marriage and of course he answered no.

From the line of questioning it appears that they think his sister came over on a fraud marriage and that she paid me to marry her brother. The truth is that his sister is still married to the man that petitioned her, and I had never even talked to her until after my husband and I met. The interesting thing is that they never looked at any of our evidence of our relationship other than our pictures. We have ample proof, but never got the opportunity to show anything. Another point to be made, I had read that petitions should not be revoked on mere suspicion, there needs to be concrete evidence that will stand up in a court of law. That being said I think that the reasoning for sending back petitions is a stall tactic meant to discourage those who are indeed in a fraudulant marriage. And from what I understand from the statistics it works. From what I have read that they have to be careful on the actual revokation because at that point we can sue the Department of State and can name the Department of Homeland Security as well. I doubt they want to be sued.

Sorry, long story. What I think would be helpful is to really think seriously about all of your red flags, and go over the interview questions to see if you can find out why they sent it back. They aren't going to tell you at the consulate. I have seen cases where they did address it at the CIS and then one that didn't.

My husband had his interview in August of 2005. The service center that approved our petition has had it since December of 2005. They haven't as of yet picked up the file to address it. We now are facing the reality that the DS-230 will expire next month and we will have to pay the fees again. Hardly fair since we haven't been given the opportunity to prove our case.

If I were you I would contact both the senator and congressmans office to see if you can get someone to help you. They are limited on what they can do, but the can inquire about the status, and the fact that you are not stopping will give them more reason to believe the relationship is real. The best thing would be to stop it before it leaves the consulate. Hard to do, but I have seen it happen. The second thing would be to file for a FIOA. Make sure you file it with the Department of State not the Department of Homeland Securities. This takes months to get a response, so delaying it would be unwise.

Keep track of all correspondences with all agencies, in case they want to see what steps you have taken to resolve the issues.

I know this is all overwhelming, but the key to your sanity is to take it one day at a time and one step at a time. I flew out to Morocco a couple of weeks after they refused my husband the visa. This gave us a little time to forget everything and just be together to heal and prepare for the fight. If you can do that it would be very helpful. I will also be flying out in about 4 weeks to spend another wonderful 3 weeks and 5 days with my sweetheart. The stress of this process has really been getting to both of us and I think we need this in order to continue our fight.

Good luck to you, I hope I have said something that can in some way make your journey a little easier.

Edited by Morocco4ever

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Spokaneblueyes,

Our K 3 petition was denied in Casablanca March 2005 and returned to USCIS. On the paper my husband received it said>>

"further review by USCIS ROME"

I found this to be so strange. Turns out the CO made a mistake and our case was sent back to USCIS CA via NVC where our I-130 was originally approved. We went through the whole process of revocation. Our petition was "reaffirmed" by USCIS CA and resent to NVC who scheduled another interview for us with the consulate in Casablanca. It took over a year for this process and we are still waiting *sigh*.

The reason for the denial was "due to the validity of the relationship", ie the CO didn't believe we were a real couple but instead were seeking a visa for immigration purposes only. I only found out the reason by contacting two senators and one congressman as the consulate would not give us the reason.

I am hoping the issues concerning your case will be resolved in Rome since that is where it was processed. Sending your case to Rome seems to be correct since they processed it there.

What you need to discover is why they are doing this. Do you have any idea at all why the want to revoke your petition? It appears they don't believe you have a valid marriage. You will need to contact your reps to get the reason they are doing this. Once you know the reason, you will be able to prepare for the NOIR (notice of intent to revoke) notice.

I would say being married in in your favor since you should get the opportunity to provide whatever they need to overcome the revocation. We are hearing and seeing here in the states that K 1 petitons may not get that opportunity.

Keep posting what you find out and maybe one of us who has had our case sent back for possible revocation will be able to offer suggestions and help. Most of all we can offer our support since we have been through it and are still going through it.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.