adventure509

Proof of financial support

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all. Just about to get all our ducks in live for the interview. Which will be sometime later this month or early October. I am woundering if the proof I have snet is ample to prove suport. yes I make more than double what is required. I have sent 3 years of tax returns and w-2s from my work place and as well as retirement from the military. sent a signed bank letter showing annual deposits, an employment letter showing my position as well as lengh of employment. have a friend that says I need to add account information as well as bank statements for the past year also. Is that really needed or is what I have supplyed allready ample to show my ability to suport. And yes I know more is always beter. but really isn't the requirement proven with what I have allready given? Thanks in advance for your replys.

Time Line:

Met on-line: April 2006

First meeting: July 2006 Broacy great time. rained but so memorable

Second Meeting: March 2007 Met Family and friends 2 weeks time flue by

Third Meeting: October 2007 met friends and more family

Forth Meeting: October 2008 Engaged were it started Boracay 2 weeks in heaven

Petition sent in: May 5th postal over night with postal money order

Signed for at CSC: May 6th

Contacted USCS not received NOA1: June 12th. Got Receit number NOA! receipt sent to wrong address Corrected Stated NOA1 date said to be by contacted agent as 6 May

Touched: 31May for returned NOA1

Touched: 18 June asume to correct address

Touched: 07July Move from desk to desk. no change of status

NOA2: 12 Aug Sweet got e-mail notification of status changed to aproved!!

NOA2: 18 Aug Hard Copy arrived via snail mail yeepeee

NVC: 24 August received NVC stating fowarded to embasy petitioner will be contacted within week for instructions.

Embasy Letter: 4 September

Medical: 05/06 Ootober Passed..Yeepeee!

Interview 19 Octoober ...:::) Passed!!!!!!

Visa Dilivered: 22nd October Sweeeeeeet

POE: 29th Seattle then little flight to Spokane Yeeepeee my partner is home!!

Married: November 30th 2009 Journey complete!

Hello all. Just about to get all our ducks in live for the interview. Which will be sometime later this month or early October. I am woundering if the proof I have snet is ample to prove suport. yes I make more than double what is required. I have sent 3 years of tax returns and w-2s from my work place and as well as retirement from the military. sent a signed bank letter showing annual deposits, an employment letter showing my position as well as lengh of employment. have a friend that says I need to add account information as well as bank statements for the past year also. Is that really needed or is what I have supplyed allready ample to show my ability to suport. And yes I know more is always beter. but really isn't the requirement proven with what I have allready given? Thanks in advance for your replys.

If, as you say, your income is more than double the guideline for your household size (including your fiancee), you have no need to show any bank account information. The tax returns (3 years is overkill for the I-134, by the way—the most recent year is sufficient unless it was uncharacteristically low) and employment letter are sufficient. If you're going to add anything, add pay stubs for the last 6 months.

Interview stage financial support question - moving to Embassy and Consulate Discussion...

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Don't go overboard with the I-134 evidence if your income is comfortably high enough. The packet 3 instructions from the embassy in Manila only specifically asks for the most recent year's tax return and W2's. A recent employment letter is good to show you are still employed. Recent pay stubs can serve the same purpose. Letters from your bank and bank statements aren't really necessary unless you're self-employed, and need those to prove income.

The axiom that "more is always better" only really applies in situations where there is no such thing as clear and conclusive proof, like evidence of a bona fide relationship. Sometimes, more evidence just serves to add confusion where there otherwise might not have been any. In my case, for example, my bank statements might only confuse the CO, since they would see my bi-weekly pay directly deposited, followed the next day by large transfers from my account. The reality is that I have several banks accounts to simplify record keeping, and I distribute money to the accounts as needed from my primary account. In addition to my salaried job, I also have a home-based business, and I sometimes draw profits from my business back into my personal funds. The only way a CO could make any sense of this would be to see statements from ALL of my accounts, and then try to balance them "general ledger style". That would be pointless, since my tax transcripts alone tell them all they want to know, and in a more clear and direct fashion.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Don't go overboard with the I-134 evidence if your income is comfortably high enough. The packet 3 instructions from the embassy in Manila only specifically asks for the most recent year's tax return and W2's. A recent employment letter is good to show you are still employed. Recent pay stubs can serve the same purpose. Letters from your bank and bank statements aren't really necessary unless you're self-employed, and need those to prove income.

The axiom that "more is always better" only really applies in situations where there is no such thing as clear and conclusive proof, like evidence of a bona fide relationship. Sometimes, more evidence just serves to add confusion where there otherwise might not have been any. In my case, for example, my bank statements might only confuse the CO, since they would see my bi-weekly pay directly deposited, followed the next day by large transfers from my account. The reality is that I have several banks accounts to simplify record keeping, and I distribute money to the accounts as needed from my primary account. In addition to my salaried job, I also have a home-based business, and I sometimes draw profits from my business back into my personal funds. The only way a CO could make any sense of this would be to see statements from ALL of my accounts, and then try to balance them "general ledger style". That would be pointless, since my tax transcripts alone tell them all they want to know, and in a more clear and direct fashion.

Yes, I see in the instructions from the Embassy of the Untied States of America from Manila that it does say "A copy of the sponsor's U.S. federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2's) for the most recent year..."

So on the I-134 do you recommend we include bank deposit and real estate value money amounts without documents to back it up?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

2009-03-21 I-129F Sent

2009-03-24 I-129 Rec'd

2009-03-24 I-129F NOA1 Issued

2009-03-26 Check Cashed

2009-03-27 Return Receipt Rec'd

2009-03-28 NOA1 Rec'd

2009-08-17 NOA2 Rec'd

2009-08-19 NVC Rec'd

2009-09-18 Sent fax to Congressman McCaul, filled out "Privacy Authorization Form" for inquiry

2009-09-21 Called Congressman McCaul regarding inquiry

2009-09-22 Petition sent to Embassy in Manila

2009-09-25 Embassy Rec'd Petition

2009-10-20 St. Lukes

2009-10-27 Embassy Interview!

2009-11-06 Visa Delivered

event.png

Yes, I see in the instructions from the Embassy of the Untied States of America from Manila that it does say "A copy of the sponsor's U.S. federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2's) for the most recent year..."

So on the I-134 do you recommend we include bank deposit and real estate value money amounts without documents to back it up?

If your income is sufficient to meet the guidelines (i.e., 125% of poverty guidelines for the petitioner's household size including the beneficiary), then there's no need to include bank deposit or real estate amounts.

If you need to include bank deposit, real estate, or other asset info to meet the requirements, you must provide supporting documentation.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.