Estu and Torry

dont know what to do about police certificate... PLEASE HELP

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

she is supposed to get her police information for the last year and she went to the police station today to get it but they said that she can not get it in the city she is living... and is the city she is living in now and has been for the last 3 years... they said she needs a local i.d. but she was raised in another city two hours away which is on the same island of bali and that is where she has her i.d. but they told her that since she doesnt have a local i.d. they will not give her a police certificate.... i dont know but that sounds either like the police are really stupid or they just have some weird rules there... it makes no sence!!! but i read the form i got from the jakarta embassy and it says on it "Police Certificate... Each applicant aged 16 or older must have police clearance from any country where the applicant resided for one year or more" and under that it says.. "Police Certificate for Indonesia is not required"?? please help i dont know what to do

hello,

when we applied for the K-1 i dont remember the paper says : Police Certificate for Indonesia isnt required, maybe they renew the form? If it says so, then you dont need to get one then.

But i got my Police Certificate from the Main Police Office at where i used to live (Makassar, South Sulawesi) and also from Papua, where i also used to live before i moved to Makassar, so they (US Embassy) do want the Police Certificate from the city where your fiancee is currently live and the city she used to live (if any), i know its really really get you stressed out, specially when you have to deal with those Policemen or all those people at the offices where you have to go to, they're just soooo annoying! If she couldnt get it, she better go to the very Main police office in Jakarta, she might want to email the US embassy in Jakarta and ask for more information, they will happyly give you the information.

Good luck to both of you, hang in there, you'll get thru this, alright?:) say hello to your fiancee.

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

Dec 2007 - K-1 Visa Interview (denied), the reason: i was overstayed my previous visit in 2000-2003 (my bad)

Feb 2008 - I-601 Waiver filed

Sept 2008 - Waiver approved (K-1 Visa issued)

Jan 2009 - the Wedding Blessing & Reception (Bali, Indonesia)

Feb 2009 - Arrived in the US followed by the Civil Wedding & Reception (again:)

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

May 2009 - EAD card in hand

Aug 27th 2009 - AOS Interview (approved, yaay)

Sept 2009- Green Card arrived in the mail...yippeeeew...(i want to sing of Your Love forever)

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Dec 2011 - ROC approved (Best Christmas ever, i must've been a really good girl this year :)

The wait would be unbearable but it'll be worth it. It strengthens the love, it attaches you even more to each other, it shows how your man would do whatever it takes to be with you, that he will never give up on you because he LOVES you!! All the waits, stresses, tears, heartaches, all the miserable feelings you feel along the way will be paid off once you get what you've been hoping for...oh and WITHOUT PRAYERS? will be like trying to start a fire with water, JUST WON'T WORK!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

She does need a local ID (KTP) to make police certificate. Depends on where your fiancee has lived within Indonesia since age 16, here's what she should do:

1. If she has lived only in the same province since age 16, she only needs police certificate from provincial level police department (POLDA).

2. If he has lived in different provinces since age 16, she needs police certificate from national level police department (MABES POLRI).

The procedure to get either of those above is the same.

1. She needs to have a local ID (KTP) issued by the village level government office (LURAH) where she currently lives.

2. After she gets her KTP, she should go see head of RT and RW where she lives (just tell her this, she'll understand) to get a letter stating that she really is a local resident.

3. Bring the letter from RT and RW to the village level government office (LURAH) to get the a letter stating that she needs to get a police certificate.

4. After she gets the letter from LURAH, she has to bring the letter to district level police department (POLRES) office to get district-level police certificate (this certificate will be in Indonesian only). Tell the POLRES that she needs the police certificate to get police certificate in English as the requirement to obtain US visa. She should be able to get this certificate on the same day.

5. Bring the police certificate from POLRES to POLDA or to MABES POLRI (refer to my explanation above) to get the police certificate in English.

I know it's alot of things to do, but there is no way to get around this. Better start as soon as possible. Good luck :)

D

she is supposed to get her police information for the last year and she went to the police station today to get it but they said that she can not get it in the city she is living... and is the city she is living in now and has been for the last 3 years... they said she needs a local i.d. but she was raised in another city two hours away which is on the same island of bali and that is where she has her i.d. but they told her that since she doesnt have a local i.d. they will not give her a police certificate.... i dont know but that sounds either like the police are really stupid or they just have some weird rules there... it makes no sence!!! but i read the form i got from the jakarta embassy and it says on it "Police Certificate... Each applicant aged 16 or older must have police clearance from any country where the applicant resided for one year or more" and under that it says.. "Police Certificate for Indonesia is not required"?? please help i dont know what to do
Edited by tinyrosie

Timeline:

16-05-08 Sent I-129F to VSC

28-05-08 NOA1

18-09-08 NOA2

09-10-08 Medical

23-10-08 Interview - Approved

29-10-08 Visa received

17-11-08 POE

03-01-09 SSN card received (maiden name, changed to married name sometime after EAD received)

27-01-09 AOS documents sent

03-02-09 AOS NOA1

27-02-09 Biometrics appointment

02-04-09 Redo biometrics... aargghh!! >:(

03-04-09 Advance Parole received

10-04-09 EAD card received

01-05-09 RFE received

20-05-09 RFE response sent

25-06-09 AOS approved (CRIS e-mail notification)

07-07-09 Green Card received

Timeline

She does need a local ID (KTP) to make police certificate. Depends on where your fiancee has lived within Indonesia since age 16, here's what she should do:

1. If she has lived only in the same province since age 16, she only needs police certificate from provincial level police department (POLDA).

2. If he has lived in different provinces since age 16, she needs police certificate from national level police department (MABES POLRI).

The procedure to get either of those above is the same.

1. She needs to have a local ID (KTP) issued by the village level government office (LURAH) where she currently lives.

2. After she gets her KTP, she should go see head of RT and RW where she lives (just tell her this, she'll understand) to get a letter stating that she really is a local resident.

3. Bring the letter from RT and RW to the village level government office (LURAH) to get the a letter stating that she needs to get a police certificate.

4. After she gets the letter from LURAH, she has to bring the letter to district level police department (POLRES) office to get district-level police certificate (this certificate will be in Indonesian only). Tell the POLRES that she needs the police certificate to get police certificate in English as the requirement to obtain US visa. She should be able to get this certificate on the same day.

5. Bring the police certificate from POLRES to POLDA or to MABES POLRI (refer to my explanation above) to get the police certificate in English.

I know it's alot of things to do, but there is no way to get around this. Better start as soon as possible. Good luck :)

D

thank you so much both of you....

but yes she lives in kuta but her id is negara and she said you have to have local kuta id and that you can only have one id at a time... how much time does this whole process of changing id's take?

Timeline

It may take awhile to get the new local ID (KTP). I really hate to say this... but... you can speed up the process by "paying extra" (if you know what I mean...). I am not suggesting you doing that (I personally strongly against it...) but if you are running out of time, it's probably your only choice. The good news is, your fiancee needs to get police certificate from POLDA Bali (I believe it is located in Denpasar) instead of MABES POLRI (which is located in Jakarta) since she has lived only in Bali Island since age 16.

Best of luck to you :)

Timeline:

28-05-08 NOA1

18-09-08 NOA2

09-10-08 Medical

29-10-08 Visa received

17-11-08 POE

03-01-09 SSN card received (maiden name, changed to married name sometime after EAD received)

03-02-09 AOS NOA1

01-05-09 RFE received

Timeline
It may take awhile to get the new local ID (KTP). I really hate to say this... but... you can speed up the process by "paying extra" (if you know what I mean...). I am not suggesting you doing that (I personally strongly against it...) but if you are running out of time, it's probably your only choice. The good news is, your fiancee needs to get police certificate from POLDA Bali (I believe it is located in Denpasar) instead of MABES POLRI (which is located in Jakarta) since she has lived only in Bali Island since age 16.

Best of luck to you :)

thank you so much

but the problem to begin with is when she went there they told her that she has to have a local id and she does have an id but she got it issued from negara... and she read the information you wrote but she said that the first thing she still has to do is go to the local office where she lives and they already told her no there

Timeline

Just go to the local office where she currently lives and apply for a new KTP. Just tell the office she lost her previous KTP from her hometown (Negara) and now that she lives in her current place she wants to get a new ID from the current place instead. It should be fine.

I lived abroad for years and came back to Indonesia only a couple of months before K-1 petition was sent. At one point when I still lived abroad I lost my Indonesian local ID (KTP) and I asked my parents to get a new one for me on my behalf. No problem at all. So I believe there should be no problem for your fiancee too.

Edited by tinyrosie

Timeline:

28-05-08 NOA1

18-09-08 NOA2

09-10-08 Medical

29-10-08 Visa received

17-11-08 POE

03-02-09 AOS NOA1

01-05-09 RFE received

Timeline
Just go to the local office where she currently lives and apply for a new KTP. Just tell the office she lost her previous KTP from her hometown (Negara) and now that she lives in her current place she wants to get a new ID from the current place instead. It should be fine.

I lived abroad for years and came back to Indonesia only a couple of months before K-1 petition was sent. At one point when I still lived abroad I lost my Indonesian local ID (KTP) and I asked my parents to get a new one for me on my behalf. No problem at all. So I believe there should be no problem for your fiancee too.

Ooh... PS:

She might want to contact her current RT and RW head to issue a letter to help her getting the new KTP. My parents did that for me.

Timeline:

28-05-08 NOA1

18-09-08 NOA2

09-10-08 Medical

29-10-08 Visa received

17-11-08 POE

03-02-09 AOS NOA1

01-05-09 RFE received

Timeline

Ooh... PS:

She might want to contact her current RT and RW head to issue a letter to help her getting the new KTP. My parents did that for me.

thank you so much for everything...

of course there is a but again.... she has told me that it is much harder to get a different or new id in a different city in bali or espcially in kuta

Timeline

Ooh... PS:

thank you so much for everything...

of course there is a but again.... she has told me that it is much harder to get a different or new id in a different city in bali or espcially in kuta

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

plz go to ur DCO office and and then get a written from police station and than sign it from DCO that all.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

theck the reciprocity table if you havent done so yet. select the country for which the police cert. is needed and then scroll sown to view the info

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3272.html

example for Indonesia

Police Records

Unavailable for applicants inside and outside Indonesia. Indonesian police certificates require initial processing at a local or village level, which is nonstandard in nature, can be subject to capricious decisions by officials and may require nonofficial payments to proceed further.”

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
theck the reciprocity table if you havent done so yet. select the country for which the police cert. is needed and then scroll sown to view the info

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3272.html

example for Indonesia

Police Records

Unavailable for applicants inside and outside Indonesia. Indonesian police certificates require initial processing at a local or village level, which is nonstandard in nature, can be subject to capricious decisions by officials and may require nonofficial payments to proceed further.”

yay!!! so i dont need a police cert then right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.