ppb

Frontloading info for I-130 for Vietnam

9 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I'm thinking of submitting a timeline with my initial I-130 application to USCIS. That way, it'll be with the paperwork once it reaches the NVC and ultimately HCMC consulate. I've got a few questions:

1)How long should the timeline be?

2)Should the details be in paragraph form or should I keep them detailed, but brief and concise?

3)Does the timeline need to be notarized?

4)As evidence of a bonafide relationship, I'm submitting 2 affidavits from my relatives. Should these be sworn and notarized?

5)I'm thinking of submitting some photographs, calling card records, a photocopy and translation of marriage certificate and wedding invitation. Does this seem like enough evidence, or should there be more. We don't have joint finances, nor have we lived together, or whatever else they list as examples.

6)What is a good way of submitting some 4x6 photographs as evidence? Should I write on the back the names of everybody in each picture, as well as the date and location?

7)Should I go ahead and submit a list of my wife's relatives over here (names, addresses, etc)?

Thanks in advance. I'll probably have more questions later.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Also, should I include photocopies of plane ticket stubs as further proof?

provide as much as you can. If you can get it notarized.. all the better...notarize whenever you can.. There are several examples of timelines here in the AEP area.... include all travel info that you can.. (copies) and photos of the two of you together as well as with family members if possible.. include the date of photo, who was in it and where it was taken on the back of each photo.

The phrase that pays is "think like you are a CO" when you look at your evidence after it is assembled. If you think the CO will want more... add more now....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Listen to Scott. I did not front load near enough. I sent many more photos than they needed and many more documents about my salary than was needed, but the other things I did not feel were necessary. I would send chat logs, phone bills, and make sure if you chat more than talk on the phone you paste that everywhere. When Binh went to the interview they did not even look at the chat log let alone any of the chats or our emails. Binh was doing a print screen that showed our call duration and with me in web cam and her on web cam. None of this was looked at. SO in my time line that they requested I made sure I stated this all over that we used Yahoo with voice and web cam. Leave no stone unturned. Make sure they have to focus on your strongest evidence and also make sure you can support any reasoning behind weak evidence. Good luck

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Thanks.

My main evidence would be calling card records, since we didn't begin chatting until a year after we first started talking. We've only recently started video chatting and calling over the internet.

I've made 3 trips. The first was 1 year after we started talking to meet her in person. The second was 6 months later to meet the rest of her family and formally ask for her hand in marriage. The third trip was in July to get married. We pretty much waived the Dam Hoi since I live so far away.

I'm hoping that's strong enough.

The only red flag I can think of is that I was introduced by one of her siblings over here.

Thanks again. I'll post my timeline in a couple of days for some feedback. Thanks again.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

try to address the main things the CO will be looking for...

common language of communication

regular communication

evidence of meeting in person

What do you do together where do you go?

In my opinion a picture that shows the couple and relatives in the act of having fun would have more weight than a load of posed pics .

the evidence needs to match the timeline... keep it well organized

I actually noted an argument that we had in the timeline... yup real relationships have misunderstandings...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Tough one!

You don't want to put to much as the CO may not even look at it. At the same time try placing "strong" evidence where they can't help but notice it.

Pictures to me are still number one.

Reason I was denied the K1 the first time was from lack of pictures with me, my fiance and her family and friends.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Be sure to completely address the sibling introduction. Especially since you didn't do Dam Hoi/Dinh Hon.

Pics with family and friends as suggested by Haole and others is good advice.

One way to prepare the timeline document is to begin by just making an outline. After you have all the topics/events listed in the outline then you can write paragraphs about each item and create a story.

Regarding the affidavits: they cannot hurt. Have these relatives met your wife and interacted with the both of you? Or are only able to address when you have told them about your relationship?

List of family is the US is always a good idea. And important for you as that was your introduction.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.