Timeline

So happy to see your new posts here, Lisa :luv:

Aya

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Well, I'm waiting... It's been a crazy long wait, since I couldn't file the petition until my divorce finalized, which took 16 months.. Now our file is sitting on a desk at the consulate in Casablanca, and we're waiting for packet 3. I'm still in Morocco, I've been here since February, and I miss home. As much as I've gotten used to being here, I realize how deprived I am of communication after I meet with other American women in my situation here in Casablanca (they seem to only come to Casablanca for interviews, there doesn't seem to be a lot of VJ women with men who live in Casa).. I'm damn lonely and ready for this ####### to be over. His family has basically hijacked our 7 month old daughter, which I'm told is just the way they do things here (it takes a village type of thing), so I can't even really busy myself with childcare like I expected myself to... I don't really talk to anyone about how I feel because I don't want to seem weak in my handling of my circumstances.. since I put myself in them.. but damn.. come on consulate.. :wacko:

Sara,

I know how ya feel...I've been here since the end of Dec. and my hubby's interview wasn't until the end of Jan....i decided to stay after our petition was returned by the idiot CO...i miss my family and good ole American greasy fattening food (although i love Moroccan food)...lol...but it has been wonderful to be with my husband...hopefully everything will go great and you'll be back home soon....good luck and when ya get back eat a big ole bushel of those delicious MD crabs for me...i sure miss em and Old Bay seasoning :hehe: and if ya get bored and want to chat send me a pm for my msn

as1cERB0g410010NDMxc2x6fDIwN2xzfHNpbmNlIFwiSSBEb1wiLi4uLi4uLi4u.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sara,

I know how ya feel...I've been here since the end of Dec. and my hubby's interview wasn't until the end of Jan....i decided to stay after our petition was returned by the idiot CO...i miss my family and good ole American greasy fattening food (although i love Moroccan food)...lol...but it has been wonderful to be with my husband...hopefully everything will go great and you'll be back home soon....good luck and when ya get back eat a big ole bushel of those delicious MD crabs for me...i sure miss em and Old Bay seasoning :hehe: and if ya get bored and want to chat send me a pm for my msn

good luck to you both (F)

So happy to see your new posts here, Lisa :luv:

Aya

(((Aya))) :D

I need to get back more often for sure :blush:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

(((Aya))) :D

I need to get back more often for sure :blush:

(L)

How is everything going for you? Have you and Yazied started the AOS process yet?

Aya

Edited by Aya&John

ROC Timeline

Timeline

(L)

How is everything going for you? Have you and Yazied started the AOS process yet?

Aya

Everything is good, thanks! Our AOS interview is Tuesday.. :dance:

We're also shopping for a new house, so life is a bit exciting right now lol

I hope everything is awesome with you and John. So are you basically settled into life here? Is there anything that you find extrordinary or just plain wierd in the US? :P

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I posted something similar on the embassy forum but got no response, so I thought I would ask here.

NVC finally answered my congressman's aide's email about our interview (CC on May 11 and no date yet). They say they have 166 cases waiting for Jordan! That sounds sooo bad!

Anyone know about how many cases get interviews each month?

I am getting so depressed with all this waiting!

Timeline

Everything is good, thanks! Our AOS interview is Tuesday.. :dance:

We're also shopping for a new house, so life is a bit exciting right now lol

I hope everything is awesome with you and John. So are you basically settled into life here? Is there anything that you find extrordinary or just plain wierd in the US? :P

WOW, you have the AOS tomorrow!!! My fingers and toes are crossed for you and Yazied! :D

Buying a new house sounds exciting. I hope you find a good deal. :)

John and I are doing great, life is wonderful. It just feels great waking up next to him every morning! Although I have to admit we talk on the phone WAY less than when we used to when I was still in Egypt. We literally used to talk/text 15 hours non-stop most of the days while I was still Egypt. Now, it's always few minutes each call, because always one of us is in a rush to do something. He does work long hours so we spend less time together/talking, but we SEE each other which is a blessing of course. I mentioned that to my grandfather-in-law, and he said: "welcome to married-life." :lol:

We, finally finally finally, have my family's blessing and acceptance. It's a wonderful feeling to see them happy for my happiness. :)

Anything extraordinary or plain weird about the US, hmmm :P

Lemme think... Buildings in FL are REALLY short, younger generations are not as friendly as older generations, fresh fruits and vegetables are more expensive than canned and frozen ones, most of the people I've met talk in the terms on $$ most of the time about simple things like future plans or wishes (which do not always have to be materialistic), it can actually rain while it's still hot :blush:, the variety of snacks and dippings you have here is sometimes overwhemling :lol:, the diversity here is wonderful, the ability to express yourself freely without being judged is another plus. I can't think of anything else at the moment, but if I do later, I'll update this. :)

How does Yazied find the US after being almost a year here?

ROC Timeline

Timeline

Oh, forgot to ask you, Lisa...Do you like me to put Yazied as Pali or Jordonian in the MENA Spouses Poll thread?

ROC Timeline

Timeline

WOW, you have the AOS tomorrow!!! My fingers and toes are crossed for you and Yazied! :D

Buying a new house sounds exciting. I hope you find a good deal. :)

John and I are doing great, life is wonderful. It just feels great waking up next to him every morning! Although I have to admit we talk on the phone WAY less than when we used to when I was still in Egypt. We literally used to talk/text 15 hours non-stop most of the days while I was still Egypt. Now, it's always few minutes each call, because always one of us is in a rush to do something. He does work long hours so we spend less time together/talking, but we SEE each other which is a blessing of course. I mentioned that to my grandfather-in-law, and he said: "welcome to married-life." :lol:

We, finally finally finally, have my family's blessing and acceptance. It's a wonderful feeling to see them happy for my happiness. :)

Anything extraordinary or plain weird about the US, hmmm :P

Lemme think... Buildings in FL are REALLY short, younger generations are not as friendly as older generations, fresh fruits and vegetables are more expensive than canned and frozen ones, most of the people I've met talk in the terms on $$ most of the time about simple things like future plans or wishes (which do not always have to be materialistic), it can actually rain while it's still hot :blush:, the variety of snacks and dippings you have here is sometimes overwhemling :lol:, the diversity here is wonderful, the ability to express yourself freely without being judged is another plus. I can't think of anything else at the moment, but if I do later, I'll update this. :)

How does Yazied find the US after being almost a year here?

Im SOOOO Happy to hear about your family Aya! Thats wonderful. ^_^

Its funny you said the thing about it being hot and rainy, coming from cali to kentucky, that was VERY wierd for me also. Sometimes when I look out the window at the rain, I have to remind myself that its indeed hot out there lol

Yazied still thinks some things here are "wierd" but he's basically used to everything.

It is different of course when you are actually together at first because there is no need to talk/text 24/7. heh

I do remember thinking the same thing... "I should text Y about this, oh ya.. I'll just tell him when I get home" lol

Yazied also LOVES that you can express yourself/say whatever you want here. I think he still trips out when someone makes fun of the president or something on a show and theres no fear whatsoever about reprocussions. I pointed out that some mag at the grocery store said Obama is gay and he was shocked because something like that about their king is unheard of of course!

So, ya.. the interview is at 2 today. I took the day off and dropped J off at summer day camp and here I sit. :D Yazied worked late last night so he's getting some rest. Im less nervous than I thought I would be really. I just dont like interviews in any context so Im nervous about that itself but not about the outcome. I have faith that it will be fine and painless. :) Yazied got his nervousness out a month or so ago and now he's pretty relaxed as well.

Im happy to catch up with you Aya, you are such a sweetheart and you deserve every happy moment with John! :wub:

I'll post after the interview to let you know how it went, where is your AOS thread? I couldnt find it last night :unsure:

PS- lets say, Pali please :) thanks

I posted something similar on the embassy forum but got no response, so I thought I would ask here.

NVC finally answered my congressman's aide's email about our interview (CC on May 11 and no date yet). They say they have 166 cases waiting for Jordan! That sounds sooo bad!

Anyone know about how many cases get interviews each month?

I am getting so depressed with all this waiting!

Ally,

I posted on one of your threads about it.. :)

Thanks!

Timeline

Im SOOOO Happy to hear about your family Aya! Thats wonderful. ^_^

Its funny you said the thing about it being hot and rainy, coming from cali to kentucky, that was VERY wierd for me also. Sometimes when I look out the window at the rain, I have to remind myself that its indeed hot out there lol

Yazied still thinks some things here are "wierd" but he's basically used to everything.

It is different of course when you are actually together at first because there is no need to talk/text 24/7. heh

I do remember thinking the same thing... "I should text Y about this, oh ya.. I'll just tell him when I get home" lol

Yazied also LOVES that you can express yourself/say whatever you want here. I think he still trips out when someone makes fun of the president or something on a show and theres no fear whatsoever about reprocussions. I pointed out that some mag at the grocery store said Obama is gay and he was shocked because something like that about their king is unheard of of course!

So, ya.. the interview is at 2 today. I took the day off and dropped J off at summer day camp and here I sit. :D Yazied worked late last night so he's getting some rest. Im less nervous than I thought I would be really. I just dont like interviews in any context so Im nervous about that itself but not about the outcome. I have faith that it will be fine and painless. :) Yazied got his nervousness out a month or so ago and now he's pretty relaxed as well.

Im happy to catch up with you Aya, you are such a sweetheart and you deserve every happy moment with John! :wub:

I'll post after the interview to let you know how it went, where is your AOS thread? I couldnt find it last night :unsure:

I'm sure you'll ace your AOS interview today! You and Yazied are such a cute couple. :) I just bumped the MENA AOS thread for you to hear the good news there as well!

Talking about tripping when you talk freely about our views here...I remember when John visited me in Egypt, we were on the bus going to the pyramids and he said: "Why is there a big picture of your president in every corner in Cairo, does he think he's handsome?", and I suddenly said: "Shhhh..shhh..shhh" lol.. He was like: "Did I do something wrong?"..I had to explain that somethings are not be said in public..he went on about that he's a free American citizen and he can say whatever he wants. I told him: "In your country ya habibi" :lol: It just doesn't work that way sometimes in other countries, which is sad...

I am glad to catch up with you too, Lisa. You are a sweetheart and one of my favorite people on VJ! :luv:

I really hope you post more often again! :)

ROC Timeline

• 6 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

STILL WAITING!!!:crying:

Our CR1 case/petition was returned back to USCIS under 221g ~ CO (Cario Embassy) letter to my Congresswoman, stated it was due to my husband not knowing enough about me & listed 3 questions that according to her, he didn't answer correctly! Anyway! USCIS has been in receipt of our case since April 13, 2010 & their initial 180 (6months), has long expired. My Congresswoman made a formal inquiry as to what the delay is & they emailed her telling her that our case in under "Extensive Review" & for us to give them an additional 180days(6months)!!! My Congresswoman stated, she will give them 3months & will make a more urgent formal inquiry.

I am going crazy!! There are days, I swear I feel im gonna lose it or that I want to throw in the towel ~ only due to the stress this immigration process is adding to my family. My husband & I love each other very much but we are now, more afraid that in the end they will revoke the petition. I have read many blogs & even docs with the State Gov. where they touch on returned petitions & know that my husband & I do a legitimate case! We did not lie on our paperwork and cleared all background checks (Egypt Police Report). How can any CO based on a hunch and not actual hard data/documentation just return a petition without giving us the opportunity to submit new evidence or consider a 2nd interview, where I could have possibly flown to Egypt to be with my husband?! I am outragged at how our lives are in the CO's hands!!!

If anyone, can offer me any kind of hope ~ I could truly use it right about now. I so need to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel here...

Thanks for listening...

Lizz&Moh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.