jayzar

Question on AR-11 Form

9 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

I am preparing early for submission of I-751 (gathering evidences, looking up lists, letter examples, etc.) and I came across this AR-11 Change of Address Form. I am due to submit on November. I am on CR-1. My husband is a US Citizen.

I never knew that I have to report to them my each and every move. :(

I have moved twice.

When I came in we stayed on his parents house (the one USCIS have on record),

then we first moved to a for-rent guesthouse (where we stayed 10 mos and where half of the evidences addressed),

then recently we moved to a new place (moved only July this year)

On the Form, I am confused on the LAST ADDRESS field, there is only 1 space provided.

Is my LAST ADDRESS the one they have on record? or should I put in my 2nd address (which USCIS do not have in record, but will show on my evidences)?

I am so confused.. I do not want to put my ROC at risk, just because I do not know (either my hubby) that i have to do this, and do not know what address to put on the LAST ADDRESS field.

Guys, please advise...

Thanks a lot!

-jayzar (F)

P.S. Q?

Does my hubby need to submit I-865? He did an I-864 before, during petition process.

I am not an expert but I think since you changed address 2 times you might need to file AR-11 form 2 times -one for each address change.. Also for each address change your husband should file I-865 sponsor's notice of change of address..

If I was in your place I should do it ASAP both online and via usps exspress or priority mail with delivery confirmation requested.

Hello Everyone!

I am preparing early for submission of I-751 (gathering evidences, looking up lists, letter examples, etc.) and I came across this AR-11 Change of Address Form. I am due to submit on November. I am on CR-1. My husband is a US Citizen.

I never knew that I have to report to them my each and every move. :(

I have moved twice.

When I came in we stayed on his parents house (the one USCIS have on record),

then we first moved to a for-rent guesthouse (where we stayed 10 mos and where half of the evidences addressed),

then recently we moved to a new place (moved only July this year)

On the Form, I am confused on the LAST ADDRESS field, there is only 1 space provided.

Is my LAST ADDRESS the one they have on record? or should I put in my 2nd address (which USCIS do not have in record, but will show on my evidences)?

I am so confused.. I do not want to put my ROC at risk, just because I do not know (either my hubby) that i have to do this, and do not know what address to put on the LAST ADDRESS field.

Guys, please advise...

Thanks a lot!

-jayzar (F)

P.S. Q?

Does my hubby need to submit I-865? He did an I-864 before, during petition process.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I recently came across the I-865. While I did file my AR-11 I didn't know my husband had to file the I-865.

I second Lailaa and also think you should submit both asap. The AR-11 you can fill online (and you can print a copy for your records after you file it).

As per the I-865, your husband needs to fill out and mail. My husband just sent his with Priority Mail + certified + delivery confirmation (the green return receipt).

I will be submitting my I-751 next week, and the lawyer advised us to have all other pending situations (change of address, etc) already taken care of before I send my package.

02/2001 - Met in Europe

08/2004 - Moved to USA

08/2007 - Married in Brazil

09/2007 - Submitted AOS to VSC

12/2007 - AOS approved

09/2009 - Submitted I-751 to CSC

10/2009 - ROC approved (1 month 2 days from receipt date)

12/2010 - Submitted N400

01/2011 - Biometrics (twice)

02/2011 - Citizenship Interview and Civics Test

04/2011 - Oath Ceremony/American Citizen

You can also call USCIS and follow the prompts to change address.

The bene is supposed to notify of address within 10 days and the sponsor within 30 days!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Thanks for the posts! :thumbs:

Monday i will be submitting the two forms in hard copy, and will do online for AR11. Im planning to call USCIS on monday just to make sure.

@lailaa, would it be confusing for them if i send two forms each at a time? there are no fields in the form that you can tell them the dates you where there....:unsure:

-jayzar (F)

Thanks for the posts! :thumbs:

Monday i will be submitting the two forms in hard copy, and will do online for AR11. Im planning to call USCIS on monday just to make sure.

@lailaa, would it be confusing for them if i send two forms each at a time? there are no fields in the form that you can tell them the dates you where there.... :unsure:

-jayzar (F)

I really dont know which way would be more confusing for them, when you call monday ask them but I guess I would prefer to send both AR-11 together in same envelope and also I would attach a seperate sheet of paper explaining the situation ,listing all adresses with the dates you resided..

if you prefer to send each form seperately first you might send 1st AR-11 form ( for your previous residence address), after waiting couple days you might send second form (for current residence address) and dont forget to mail with delivery confirmation each time.You need to have a proof of delivery.

When you apply for Removing of conditions you will give them your current residence address anyway so I dont think you will face any problem in future .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I didn't know I was supposed to file AR-11 when I moved 5 months ago, So I called USCIS and asked them what should I do.They said it was ok for me to file it online witch I did last week and they said it wasn't a problem as long as you don't have any case pending with USCIS.

I asked the person I talked to about the form I-865 and he said your sponsor sould file that too. but in my case my wife wasn't my sponsor so she didn't have to file it.

Thank you guys for the prompt replies :thumbs:

I just called USCIS, the lady I spoke with told me to put in the last address they have in records on the LAST ADDRESS FIELD.

I told her that it would show soon on my ROC forms that I have a second address, and I am now on my 3rd. She just said "PUT IN THE LAST ADDRESS THAT WE HAVE ON RECORDS"..my 1st address....

Not satisfied, I called back..

Now a lady telling me to put the LAST ADDRESS WHERE I MOVED FROM.. like my 2nd address...

So I asked the 2nd lady, and she said is it my discretion on what to put on the LAST ADDRESS FIELD. :o:bonk: :bonk:

OK so here's I am going to do, and give me your good lucks! :D

Mail AR-11

LAST ADDRESS FIELD: my 2nd address

then, attach a separate paper stating my 3 addresses with dates on it.

AR-11 Online

LAST ADDRESS FIELD: my 2nd address

Hope this works!

thanks to lailaa, nycbra, haole and tarik! :thumbs:

jayzar (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.