forever&ever

AOS about to send, do we have everything?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi guys! Finally, finally, finally :dance: we are ready to send AOS paperwork, but I have to ask you for a favour. Could you check if we have everything? Also, does my husband (petitioner) need to submit copy of his divorce decree from a previous marriage? That is the cover letter:

petitioner address, July 14, 2006

xxxxx, OHIO xxxx

U.S.A

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Re: I-485 Application to Adjust Status

Enclosed please find my form I-485, Application to Adjust status for Monika xxxx and supporting documents.

Contents include:

1. Payment in the amount of $395 for application and biometrics

2. Form I-485

3. Copy of birth certificate

4. Copy of certified translation of birth certificate

5. Copy of passport bio page

6. Copy of non-immigrant visa

7. Two color photographs

8. Copy of vaccination supplement

9. Form G-325A

10. Copy of I-94 form

11. I-864 form (petitioner) and proofs included

A. Copy of letter from employer

B. Copy of federal income tax return for 2005

12. I-864 form (joint sponsor) and proofs included

A. Copy of birth certificate

B. Copy of federal income tax return for 2005

13. Copy of divorce decree of petitioner

14. Evidence of Eligibility

A. Copy of K-1 Approval Notice I-797 (NOA2)

B. Certified copy of marriage certificate

C. Copy of I-94

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration Officer at a later date

Signed,

XXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks for your input!

Regards,

Monika

Edited by forever&ever

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Monika!!!

Nice to see you around!!! Hope everything is fine with you and Brad.

Regarding your packet, I think you're pretty much done. The divorce decree dont need to be in the packet, tho. Another thing: are you sending the vaccination supplement copy that you got with the medical in your country, or is it the I-693A that you have done here in US??? You should send the I-693A, signed by the doctor in a sealed envelope. If you dont send it now, you can have one of the 2:

- get an RFE;

- be asked at the interview.

So, you'll need to do it anyway... Sooner or later.

Hope it helps, and good luck!

Carol :thumbs:

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ditto and it looks good! :thumbs:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello dear friend!!!!!

Didn't see you for ages!! Now, since we are ready to file AOS, probably I will be around more often in this folder :) Thank you for your answer and advice, and I gotta tell you, you would be a good investigator, lol!!!

I am talking about vaccination supplement here, and yes, I am sending my medical supplement, coz I have a friend who tried with that one, and everything went good. I just want to send this paperwork asap, coz my I-94 expired 3 months ago, and I gotta hurry. It was my concern at the beginning, but I decided to try, and in a wors case I will get RFE, just like you say.When I mail this AOS staff I will make an appointment for I-693A, just in case.

Yeah, I kinda had a feeling that divorce decree is not needed, but I read a guide here on vj, and it says that we have to submit this, that is why I asked. I think I will send it anyway, I am just getting paranoid :lol:

Everything is good, Brad just started a new job :) Carol, visit Nick's webside from time to time, it is kinda empty there lately, it would be great to be in touch again! I miss our Naked dancing friends :crying: !!!

Thank you ver much:)

Monika

Ditto and it looks good! :thumbs:

Peter Miami

Thanks Peter!!!!!!!!!!!!! (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hello dear friend!!!!!

Didn't see you for ages!! Now, since we are ready to file AOS, probably I will be around more often in this folder :) Thank you for your answer and advice, and I gotta tell you, you would be a good investigator, lol!!!

I am talking about vaccination supplement here, and yes, I am sending my medical supplement, coz I have a friend who tried with that one, and everything went good. I just want to send this paperwork asap, coz my I-94 expired 3 months ago, and I gotta hurry. It was my concern at the beginning, but I decided to try, and in a wors case I will get RFE, just like you say.When I mail this AOS staff I will make an appointment for I-693A, just in case.

Thanks for the investigator, but all my knowledge came from this board, LOL!

Maybe you dont even get an RFE or be asked at the interview about it. And dont worry, the I-94 being expired.

Yeah, I kinda had a feeling that divorce decree is not needed, but I read a guide here on vj, and it says that we have to submit this, that is why I asked. I think I will send it anyway, I am just getting paranoid :lol:

Dont feel paranoid... Well I think this is 'kinda' normal in this process anyway :wacko: Actually, you dont need to send it because you ALREADY sent this on the I-129f packet. Thats why...

Everything is good, Brad just started a new job :) Carol, visit Nick's webside from time to time, it is kinda empty there lately, it would be great to be in touch again! I miss our Naked dancing friends :crying: !!!

Thank you ver much:)

Monika

Very good for Brad!!!

Tell me abt it!!! I loved all the Nebraskians whinning together, LOL!!! :lol::lol::lol: Now, Nebraska is dead and they are forwarding the I-129f to CSC too!!! Good old times that was...

But, now is alot better! We are with our SO's and dont need to count the seconds to be together...

Good luck Monika, and I will try to get at Nick's website to say hello to the old ones!!!

Cya,

Carol ;)

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Everything looks preety good, when we sent our AOS package we only sent the DS-3025 and then did the medical. We did not get an RFE and we had to tell the officer please take the new I-693 we spent money on. Anyway I see you are not appling for an EAD. You should know it is very dificult to start a bank account, or creditcards, get a state ID and change a name on a social security card without that EAD, We would not have been able to provide as much info as we did without getting the EAD first. FYI

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.