tany1157

How did we all meet our loved one??

73 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
we met online, zorpia.com. Houcine messged me, and I, reluctanty, replied. Well, for 2 weeks we chatted, then he called me while we were chatting on MSN. SCARED me to death. Here's this foreign man talking to me on the phone. (I first gave him a phony phone number, then my real one LOL). But....as the story goes....love at first chat! That was July of 08 and in of September I flew off to Morocco where I met my love face to face and I havent been the same since. Love is so COOL!! We got engaged, had fest there, I returned home and filed papers. I am off to Morocco again in December so we can get married there. My mom is going with me this time (I am the baby and for her not to be there at my wedding, well..... you know mom's) to meet the family and experience Morocco at its best.

I love it! Your story is very similar to mine. I was in love from the beginning, but would not admit it. He on the other hand, said he fell in love when he saw my picture. He did not tell me this, only hinted by sending me cute songs, and the like, until I finally admitted I was in love, and that was it. Went to see him after two months of chatting everyday, could not believe I got on a plane by myself after being terrified, absolutly terrified of flying, and it changed our lives!! I knew for sure, we would wait as long as it took to be together, because there was no one else that was worth waiting for.

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I met my hubby in a yahoo chat room (tattoo room) He never knew a tattoo artist and said he was intrested. He is also a artist. So I chated with him the first night and he kept my ID. When ever I signed in to yahoo I had off lines from him. But I forgot all about who he was. About a month later I signed on and he sent me a message. "Hi Charlie" I asked him "who are you and what the hell do you want?" I know it was rude :blush: But then he said I'm Medo from the tattoo chat room. From there we talked every night. 10 mo. later I was in Egypt getting Married and Starting that long...... long..... long..... journey from HELL. But that is all behind us now. And I couldn't be happier. :dance:

Untitled.jpg

we met online, zorpia.com. Houcine messged me, and I, reluctanty, replied. Well, for 2 weeks we chatted, then he called me while we were chatting on MSN. SCARED me to death. Here's this foreign man talking to me on the phone. (I first gave him a phony phone number, then my real one LOL). But....as the story goes....love at first chat! That was July of 08 and in of September I flew off to Morocco where I met my love face to face and I havent been the same since. Love is so COOL!! We got engaged, had fest there, I returned home and filed papers. I am off to Morocco again in December so we can get married there. My mom is going with me this time (I am the baby and for her not to be there at my wedding, well..... you know mom's) to meet the family and experience Morocco at its best.

That is really so sweet :yes:

Timeline

Tany1157,

Oh my, Houcine says the same thing when he looked at my pics. It was instant for him, me it took a couple of weeks, but when LOVE hit, OMG!! I was 19 at the time we actually started talking then turned 20 and he is a bit older than I by about 16 years. But that hasnt made any difference at all.

Where is your SO from in Morocco?

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

He Skyped me randomly :blush: I didn't answer much at first, but he was totally respectful and very easy to talk to. He didn't ask to see my cam, didn't talk about sex or romance, so I didn't feel defensive. In time, we became very good friends and eventually realized we'd grown attached to each other, so I went over there to see what was what and found things were the same in person. We've had our bumps in the road along the way, but we're still best friends above all and still crazy about each other.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
He Skyped me randomly :blush: I didn't answer much at first, but he was totally respectful and very easy to talk to. He didn't ask to see my cam, didn't talk about sex or romance, so I didn't feel defensive. In time, we became very good friends and eventually realized we'd grown attached to each other, so I went over there to see what was what and found things were the same in person. We've had our bumps in the road along the way, but we're still best friends above all and still crazy about each other.

awwww! that rules.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
Tany1157,

Oh my, Houcine says the same thing when he looked at my pics. It was instant for him, me it took a couple of weeks, but when LOVE hit, OMG!! I was 19 at the time we actually started talking then turned 20 and he is a bit older than I by about 16 years. But that hasnt made any difference at all.

Ouadia is from souk sebt , about 30 min outside of beni mellal. Where is yours from? I am glad to find people who understand about being able to fall in love with someone you meet online....I knew it could happen, but it is few and far between.

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was his english Tutor in Korea, he was my cutest student

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Timeline
Tany1157,

What a sweet story. My family and friends will finally meet my husbands in Sept 2010 when we have our "big fat moroccan wedding" cerimony LOL I can't wait!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We met through my hubby's uncle, who is a good friend of my family. I was telling Ahmed's uncle that I had wished to meet a good Muslim Egyptian man someday. He told me he thought his nephew was perfect for me. So after some thought, I decided to have his uncle give Ahmed my email. We communicated like that for a short time, then via messenger & webcab, then phone calls. He asked me to marry him within a week or so of talking and I was like :wow: Thankfully, having an Egyptian mother calmed my nerves by telling me that many Egyptian men are very upfront with their feelings. Understanding this helped, none the less, I made him wait until I was ready and then we mutually decided to get married during Ramadan of 2007 (Him asking my mom for my hand was like the cherry on top as far as she was concerned - like she had some REAL say so in it anyways :P ) Anyhow, my family and I went to see him a few times in Egypt and he and I finally got married in March of this year. I feel really blessed, alhamdullilah, and I really (L) him!!!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

how we met :innocent:

My sister in law that I have never seen before(my brother married without a big wedding and I was in the usa)insisted that I attend her brother's wedding...she convinced me to travel see her the family and in the same time attend a traditional moroccan wedding.

The first time I seen my husband he had this big smile on his face and he just kept staring at me.I was thinking this guy is creepy, who is this dude? :blush: come to find that was her other brother who resides in Italy and who is also attending the wedding and visiting family. he was engaged to an italian, I was married and going through a divorce.

my own family didn't know I was divorcing b/c I didn't want them to worry about me . His fiancee broke up with him.. I got my divorce then told my family.A week later I got a phone call from My brother asking if I was interested in talking to him :wacko: ..... we talked for hours at the time every day....3months later his familly asked for my hand officialy from mine... 5months later we were married the in moroccan :dance: . I stayed with him two months in Italy .I loved it as a tourist,but i didn't want to live there .... I came back to the usa and filed I130.......

Filed: Timeline

Met through my good friend from Spain (who was also my husbands manager). I traveled w/ my friend to Egy to see "this amazing group of guys perform" as he stated. So I headed out to see them and spent a month in Egy. I was actually against going to Egy since I spent my summers (as a teenager) and vacations (as a young adult) in Jordan. I had heard how dirty it was and well, I was a bit sceptical about not getting to go see my friends and family in Jordan. :devil::whistle: However, my pushy friend convinced me it was going to be the BEST trip of my life. Well it was :) About 1.5 yrs later (and many stays in Egypt) we were engaged and a little less than a year later married and well, the rest is history...

Wait, did I mention twins too! :blush::innocent: Plz, whatever you do, don't eat pigeon in Egypt...specifically don't eat two pigeons on your honeymoon. Many people there think of the pigeon as an aphrodisiac :wacko::blink: (although I wanted to vomit) I put on my big girl pants and ate what was offered to me over a two day span. Ughhh...anyway, two babies, two pigeon...you do the math! :P:rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.