night

Appoinment

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

any body know about it? i got my appointment cvr letter that says that my interview has been schedualed but i am confused about the packet 3.5. i didnt got it yet, i just recieve an email attachment about my interview scheduled and it also says that bring ur medical examination to the interview point, but they didnt show me the location or the doctor to go there and do ur physical examination, so i am really confused about, can some help me here?

any body know about it? i got my appointment cvr letter that says that my interview has been schedualed but i am confused about the packet 3.5. i didnt got it yet, i just recieve an email attachment about my interview scheduled and it also says that bring ur medical examination to the interview point, but they didnt show me the location or the doctor to go there and do ur physical examination, so i am really confused about, can some help me here?

In the past, it is my understanding NVC sent an actual "packet through the mail" but now days the packet is simply an e-mail notification that states the progress of your case. with the bar code cover sheet from NVC. If you are approved for an interview, it would have to be thru a US embassy in Pakistan. Simply locate that embassy, google if you have to.."US embassy Pakistan" and get a number to call them, then you should be able to find the medical facility that embassy uses for it's medical examinations, and you may also be able to schedule an interview date, if one has not already been assigned to you. I am sure there will be someone with in VJ that has gone thru the Pakistan process to help you more...but Congrats on your getting an interview in the near future...Best luck for you

once you find her..never let her go

6 trips to phili from 10-05 to 11-08

married CDO 11-18-08

I-130 sent 12-30-08

noa1 reciept 1-08-09

I-130 approved 6-14-09 Cal serv center NVC recieved 6-28-09

3032 choice sent 7-1-09

AOS fee bill generated 7-1-09

IV bill generated 7-7-09

IV bill credited 7-14-09

AOS bill credited 7-24-09

ds 230 sent to NVC 7-28-09

AOS 864 sent to NVC 7-28-09

ds 230 & 864 recieved 8-5-09 priority/cert. mail

case completed 8-13-09

St. Lukes 10-6, 10-7 - 09' she passed :)

Interview date US embassy Manila 10-23-09..visa refused "additional NBI "aka" needed"

additional NBI aka submitted 10-26-09

VISA arrived via AIR21 to CDO 11-03-09

Wife arrives USofA 11-17-09 Our journey a to z 4.6 years

Wife's SSN card arrives 11-28-09

Wife's Green card arrives 12-05-09...faster than expected

removal of conditions

I-751 app file date 8-18-11 CSC

NOA receipt 8-20-11

I-797c biometrics 9-28-11

hey they dont send any more package 3.5

u just go to american embassy site in islamabad and download all the instructions about medical and for how to prepare for the interview and what u need to bring in interview.

that is just my opinion and lot more people will suggest u better from paksitan ambassy who had their experiences in pakistan, good luck. abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Timeline

i got the date of my interview but i read in the FAQs of U.S embassy in pakistan that talk about packet 3.5 but i am not sure wat does that mean, so i write to them too, my interview date is 9 Oct i should wait some days for the packet by mail or i should go for my medical exams, i will make a phone call to the embassy too i hope it help some, but onething i need to know too, my spouse take the marriage certificate and i have a copy of it, we are worried that if she send that orignal certificate by mail and it get lost wat we will do, and there everywhere they write that they need orignal marriage documents, so i dont know wat i should do about it, wat is a certified copy? the copy i am having it is already have a copy sealed from the foriegn office, so it should be accepted or i will have to show them an orignal certificate?

help me please

In the past, it is my understanding NVC sent an actual "packet through the mail" but now days the packet is simply an e-mail notification that states the progress of your case. with the bar code cover sheet from NVC. If you are approved for an interview, it would have to be thru a US embassy in Pakistan. Simply locate that embassy, google if you have to.."US embassy Pakistan" and get a number to call them, then you should be able to find the medical facility that embassy uses for it's medical examinations, and you may also be able to schedule an interview date, if one has not already been assigned to you. I am sure there will be someone with in VJ that has gone thru the Pakistan process to help you more...but Congrats on your getting an interview in the near future...Best luck for you

I will use the Philippines as an example, and I am sure Pakistan is similar...In Philippines, they have a government agency called NSO," National Statistics Office" where records are kept. Certified usually means it comes from one of these government offices, the document whether it be birth cert, marriage cert, or other comes on special paper that also has the official stamp/seal of that office..for Philippines there is a "NSO" stamp. meaning the document is a true and valid document. Photocopies do not prove a valid document, so they, "nvc" and "US embassy" will insist upon verified documents..original, certified, government approved etc. Try to locate your Pakistan governments place of record keeping.. I think there are many VJ members from Pakistan that may help you. If your spouse has the original(s) use a safe service to return to you if needed..use FED ex..It costs a little money..but I don't think I would use regular mail service to send ANY precious documents..use FED EX. I am sure if you dig around this VJ site you will be able to find another person from Pakistan that can answer many of your questions...I wish I knew more to help you...how in the world did you get approved for an interview without all the original documents in the first place? At any rate..very best luck for you

once you find her..never let her go

6 trips to phili from 10-05 to 11-08

married CDO 11-18-08

I-130 sent 12-30-08

noa1 reciept 1-08-09

I-130 approved 6-14-09 Cal serv center NVC recieved 6-28-09

3032 choice sent 7-1-09

AOS fee bill generated 7-1-09

IV bill generated 7-7-09

IV bill credited 7-14-09

AOS bill credited 7-24-09

ds 230 sent to NVC 7-28-09

AOS 864 sent to NVC 7-28-09

ds 230 & 864 recieved 8-5-09 priority/cert. mail

case completed 8-13-09

St. Lukes 10-6, 10-7 - 09' she passed :)

Interview date US embassy Manila 10-23-09..visa refused "additional NBI "aka" needed"

additional NBI aka submitted 10-26-09

VISA arrived via AIR21 to CDO 11-03-09

Wife arrives USofA 11-17-09 Our journey a to z 4.6 years

Wife's SSN card arrives 11-28-09

Wife's Green card arrives 12-05-09...faster than expected

removal of conditions

I-751 app file date 8-18-11 CSC

NOA receipt 8-20-11

I-797c biometrics 9-28-11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did you get a checklist of documents that were submitted by you and documents that you havent? The medical is one such documents you should take with you to the interview. To find out the authorized medical doctor/facility you should go to, go to the state department website or contact the embassy that has juristrictions over your case.

JNR

Timeline

I too got the Email for interview schedule. I guess it does not need packet 3.5 ... by the way when is your interview?

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That is what I got with interview letter for my wife at Islamabad US Embassy:

"Please read and follow all Interview Preparation Instructions located on the Department

of State's web site at: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov, under the "Interview

Preparation" link."

List of approved doctors for medical is also available on this web site as well as US embassy Islamabad web site.

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/medical_exam.html

Timeline

but they give two doctors name there, one is azia and one is riaz, i am worried if i did my medical with riaz and later they send me the doctor appointment or packet 3,5 and told me to do ur medical with azia wat i am gona do? it will be not just lost of money and waiste of time? i am really confuse about this f............ thing,

but thanks for the reply? did ur wife got packet 3.5 or she also got an email from the NVC tell her that her case is completed and she can go for her interview and medical? wat she did ?

"Please read and follow all Interview Preparation Instructions located on the Department

Preparation" link."

List of approved doctors for medical is also available on this web site as well as US embassy Islamabad web site.

Timeline

on 9 oct, when is ur? when u gona do ur medical? i am confuse about it? when they schedualed ur interview?

I too got the Email for interview schedule. I guess it does not need packet 3.5 ... by the way when is your interview?

Timeline

I think that does not matter whichever doctor you choose. Just call the doctor to get an appointment and get your medical done. I am not sure about packet 3.5 i guess it is not necessary as long you have email for interview from NVC. But one thing i dont know about, weather we need to contact the embassy to confirm interview date that we get through NVC email?

Thanks for your reply

but they give two doctors name there, one is azia and one is riaz, i am worried if i did my medical with riaz and later they send me the doctor appointment or packet 3,5 and told me to do ur medical with azia wat i am gona do? it will be not just lost of money and waiste of time? i am really confuse about this f............ thing,

but thanks for the reply? did ur wife got packet 3.5 or she also got an email from the NVC tell her that her case is completed and she can go for her interview and medical? wat she did ?

Preparation" link."

Timeline

Mine is on 2nd. I will have Medical at least 10 or 15 days before the interview days. I think that is what sounds better.

on 9 oct, when is ur? when u gona do ur medical? i am confuse about it? when they schedualed ur interview?

Timeline

can we talk on the phone? my number is 03139511201

Mine is on 2nd. I will have Medical at least 10 or 15 days before the interview days. I think that is what sounds better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.