ChuckandRhean

What is the nature and content of "evidence of domicile"?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone!

My honey(USC fiance) and I received our NOA2 on Aug. 31 ..wooohooo :dance: Thank God! ( very well done,hon!) :thumbs: We're now constantly checking the processing timelines , and following up the arrival of my package(appointment letter) coming from the embassy so as to proceed taking my medical.Almost all paperwork requirements are done..passport,birth certificate, NBI clearance, affidavit of support,evidence of support,letter of intent to marry(updated),filledup DS156,156k, 157,and DS230 :yes: . Now, here's it goes. As i was checking new posts,One document( checked/done)coming from the checklist of one VJer caught my attention ,that is, EVIDENCE OF DOMICILE. My fiance has no idea what it is,neither have i. At what circumstances does it apply to a petitioner and beneficiary? or is it only to the petitioner? Could someone explain it further please. :help:

Edited by chuckandrhean

"I will remain to be yours forever,My Love. I love you soOOo much,Honey! The mOst GOrgeous Man ever in Austin!"

--Rhean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles and Rhean

I-129F

02-xx-2008 Met online

03-21-2009 Travelled to Philippines to meet

03-31-2009 Sent out I -129F by FedEx

04-01-2009 NOA 1

08-31-2009 NOA 2 (what a long wait!)

09-04-2009 NVC received I-129F

09-11-2009 Embassy received I-129F

09-30-2009 Medical exam passed

10-08-2009 Interview ...a SUCCESS!

10-20-2009 POE..Minneapolis

10-22-2009 SSN..woohooo!

12-27-2009 Got Married!!!

AOS Timeline

01-07-10 Received changed name Social Security Number

01-10-10 Mailed AOS, EAD, AP via USPS

01-13-10 AOS packet touched , January 13, 2010, 8:10 am, CHICAGO, IL 60680

01-19-10 AOS, EAD, AP NOA1

02-19-10 Biometrics Appointment

02-19-10 Biometrics done!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Evidence of domicile includes actions that in your circumstances would normally be expected of, or that would be characteristic of, any permanent resident.

The following may be considered as evidence of domicile:

* Filing and payment of US income tax

* A valid and current state driver's license.

* Valid state vehicle registration.

* Current state voter registration .

* Permanent employment or acceptance of future permanent employment.

* Ownership of residential real property in the USA.

* Other factors particular to your situation may be considered also, and should be documented.

YMMV

I petitioned my then-fiancée using a K-1 visa, and we did not have to provide "Evidence of Domicile.

My guess regarding the "Evidence of Domicile" issue is that the other VJ petitioner may be applying for another type of visa, and not a K-1 visa. For example, a petitioner who applies for an IR-1 / CR-1 through Direct Consular Filing would need to provide "Evidence of Domicile."

However, I'm not sure if a normal IR-1 / CR-1 would require the same evidence. I don't know about this requirement for a K-3 visa either. But, neither the petitioner nor the beneficiary will need it for a K-1 visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.