enfm

petition my brother

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello there,

i just got my naturalization this month i am planning to get my brother from philippines around 40 yrs old got 2 kids and not married. we just thinking about if they guys married the petition they getting more slow. we knows that we have to wait 20+ yrs to come here. i dont know really what is the process and how i can start. and i just curious about if he get married or remain single its make totally difference if i file hes pappers. what else requirements aside birth cer. should i send any kind of important papers aside from birth cer. both of us

any body here got filed the petition from your sister, brother the same situation and i can really appreciate all.

thank you,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello there,

i just got my naturalization this month i am planning to get my brother from philippines around 40 yrs old got 2 kids and not married. we just thinking about if they guys married the petition they getting more slow. we knows that we have to wait 20+ yrs to come here. i dont know really what is the process and how i can start. and i just curious about if he get married or remain single its make totally difference if i file hes pappers. what else requirements aside birth cer. should i send any kind of important papers aside from birth cer. both of us

any body here got filed the petition from your sister, brother the same situation and i can really appreciate all.

thank you,

It is an I-130

YMMV

Filed: Timeline
hello there,

thank you,

It is an I-130

how about in case want to get married should i put all info. including her wife to i130, should i need married cert. from my brother.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
hello there,

thank you,

There is only one category for a USC to petition for a sibling, F4. It does not matter if the foreign sibling is married or not. The sibling, his/her spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 at the time that visas becomes available are all eligible for visas. Unfortunately, the wait for Filipionos F4 cases is about 23 years. By that time, your brother would be 63 years old which will make it next to impossible for him to get a job and he will not qualify for Medicare or Social Security until he becomes a USC or works for 40 work quarters (10 years). His children will likely be over 21 even under CSPA. They will probably not get visas. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is extremely difficult for Filipinos siblings to come to the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.