sasha414

aaaah the very mysterious VISA PACKET

23 posts in this topic

quick question guys, when i take out my passport from the packet, is it ok to tear off the plastic? i read on the instructions that i should never open the yellow envelope. i tried to open the plastic from the top but it seems like it is so tightly sealed, should i tear it open a bit enough to take out my passport?

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
quick question guys, when i take out my passport from the packet, is it ok to tear off the plastic? i read on the instructions that i should never open the yellow envelope. i tried to open the plastic from the top but it seems like it is so tightly sealed, should i tear it open a bit enough to take out my passport?

Yeah you can open the plastic to get your passport

dancingbaby.gif

(Jai Ho)No there is nothing that can stop us(Jai Ho)

Nothing can ever come between us,(Jai Ho)

So come and dance with me,

Jai Ho! (oohh)

She has the answer to everything and the solution to nothing

You can get your passport from the plastic but never ever get curious and open the envelope... :thumbs:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Woohoo!!!! finally!! its there na.....I can't answer your question Ate ganda.....sorry!tee hee

Have a safe trip.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can tear the transparent plastic but not the yellow envelop with slight triangular tear....

Have a safe trip!

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Be careful not to open the packet with the other info; your should take your passport out of the plastic tho.

JNR

How long did it take for you to get it after your interview?

Five days according to sasha414's signature timeline:

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

You can get your passport from the plastic but never ever get curious and open the envelope... :thumbs:

So you are saying that the huge letters of DO NOT OPEN on the envelope are serious and not just a joke?

Edited by itzallgood

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Hi!!! finally, huh? :)

go ahead and open the plastic bag, take your passport out. You will need to photocopy (I scanned mine) the Immigrant Data Summary so you can get the CFO sticker affixed on your passport (bring a passport-sized pic, too). Did it come with a note about getting your SSN? If it says for you to wait, hay naku...we did that and it turned out that we had to apply for it at the nearest SS office. So when you get here, apply for it already.

Also, I did not throw the plastic bag away; I used it to protect the visa package. Guard that packet with your life and do not put it in your carry-on. Go ahead and surrender the package to Immigration when you get here (bahala na silang mag-dispose of the plastic bag). B)

You're still in Manila, I presume...have your CFO sticker affixed na while you're there.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

hehehehehehehe...naremember ko before when i opened my packet sobrang nanginginig ako kasi ba naman tinakbo ko tindahan hanggang bahay nung tinext na ako ng mama ko na nandyan na ang inaantay ko...and that time nagpunta ako sa tindahan para tumawag sa delivery office ng visa...

when i opened my packet akala ko mali yung na open ko yung plastic hehehehehehe buti na lang tama na opened ko...kaka exciting kasi pag nahawakan mo na ang visa mo...kaya eenjoy mo muna te sasha414 ang moment mo dyan kasi siguro para ka pang lumulutang sa saya dahil makakasama mo na hubby mo.

God bless you te.

Also, I did not throw the plastic bag away; I used it to protect the visa package. Guard that packet with your life and do not put it in your carry-on. Go ahead and surrender the package to Immigration when you get here (bahala na silang mag-dispose of the plastic bag). B)

I would disagree with this statement, DO PUT IT IN YOUR CARRY ON so that you know where it is at all times, DO NOT PUT IT IN YOUR CHECKED BAG, first because it may get lost and second then you have to dig through your bags after you get off flight and go to customs.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
YAY! Congrats! CFO time na :)

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

How long did it take for you to get it after your interview?

exactly 5 days from the interview ^_^

Woohoo!!!! finally!! its there na.....I can't answer your question Ate ganda.....sorry!tee hee

Have a safe trip.....

hello there ms beautiful, soon you'll have your visa packet too . a few more weeks, then itll be your turn :dance: good luck on your medical next week.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

NVC:

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

Hi!!! finally, huh? :)

go ahead and open the plastic bag, take your passport out. You will need to photocopy (I scanned mine) the Immigrant Data Summary so you can get the CFO sticker affixed on your passport (bring a passport-sized pic, too). Did it come with a note about getting your SSN? If it says for you to wait, hay naku...we did that and it turned out that we had to apply for it at the nearest SS office. So when you get here, apply for it already.

You're still in Manila, I presume...have your CFO sticker affixed na while you're there.

thanks Doc Gracey, yup i actually had the visa delivered here so i can run to the cfo office for the sticker. i already attended the seminar before. itll save me a trip to cfo cebu. and yup it came with a note saying ill get the ssn in 3 weeks from arrival , but ill double check on this when i get there just to be sure , thanks for the advice. by the way, cute name for the new baby girl :blush:

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

NVC:

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.