scandal

Scottish sheep sold for world record

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

:luv: :luv: Need I say more?

This story just warms my heart! "an incredible chunky stature" Gasp! Egads! (L)

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMo...E57R5CD20090828

Scottish sheep sold for world record

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:00pm EDT

LONDON (Reuters Life!) - A sheep has sold for a world record 231,000 pounds ($376,200) at a Scottish livestock auction, a British sheep society said.

Deveronvale Perfection, a Texel breed admired by his new owner for his "great body and strong loin", will be used for breeding.

Experts are predicting the tup, the farming term for an uncastrated sheep, will prove a bargain over the long term for his new owner.

"It comes down to genetics," said British Texel Sheep Society Chief Executive, John Yates, on the society's website.

"Breeders are looking at the decades of sheep that this blood line can produce."

Graham Morrison, who owned Perfection, said the price surpassed his wildest dreams, according to the website.

Farmer Jimmy Douglas, from Cairness, Scotland, who forked out the record amount, was quoted as saying Perfection was the best lamb he had ever seen, with great strength and an "incredibly chunky stature".

The price achieved at the Scottish National Texel Sale at Lanark market on Thursday surprised onlookers, "but when breeders see the 'Perfect' Ram, they will stop at nothing", Yates said. (Reporting by Avril Ormsby; Editing by Elizabeth Fullerton)

Timeline
This thread is worthless without pics. :whistle:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/S...ew_World_Record

15370707.jpg

Shear Madness! Sheep Sells For £231,000

8:47pm UK, Friday August 28, 2009

A six-month-old sheep need never worry again about being turned into lamb chops after being sold for a record-breaking £231,000.

Filed: Timeline

15370707.jpg

A six-month-old sheep need never worry again about being turned into lamb chops after being sold for a record-breaking £231,000.

That boy got some sack, don't he? I like the coat. Wonder how much that costs.

Timeline

15370707.jpg

:lol: You know? I didn't even notice the balls when I posted the pic!

15370707.jpg

:lol: You know? I didn't even notice the balls when I posted the pic!

Ah ha!!!!! You're a gay sheep fuсker. I only do the females. A man has to have some morals.

Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I only do the females.

0f course you know....that comes with RAMifacations.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

I only do the females.

NICE! HAHAHA!

Sheep - Man's second best friend!!

Dont belive that sale price by the way. I have traded high dollar cattle for many years. Here's how it works.

Buyer purchases the ram for a world record price in a high profile sale. Then next week the buyer sells ten ewes to the original seller - each for 10% of the sale price. The auctioneer runs the sale price and all are in on the deal.

Essentially one ram is traded for 10 ewes - the sale is credited for producing a record price and everyone claims the publicity - but no money was actually spent.

Mark and Gladys!

pe0zrjk.png

Together in Love Forever!

I only do the females.

NICE! HAHAHA!

Dont belive that sale price by the way. I have traded high dollar cattle for many years. Here's how it works.

Buyer purchases the ram for a world record price in a high profile sale. Then next week the buyer sells ten ewes to the original seller - each for 10% of the sale price. The auctioneer runs the sale price and all are in on the deal.

Essentially one ram is traded for 10 ewes - the sale is credited for producing a record price and everyone claims the publicity - but no money was actually spent.

Perhaps Scanal can verify this for us.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline
I only do the females.

NICE! HAHAHA!

Perhaps Scanal can verify this for us.

Verified - it's true.

I was the auctioneer on this deal. :secret: