karimcharleen

wearing rings

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
She wasn't being rude. Look, it's your case. You asked for advice and you got it...personally, I don't care if you screw up your case by not listening .

I agree with Nagi. Lisa was NOT being rude at all. As she CLEARLY stated, she posed a question she was simply curious about.

By posting this thread you asked for peoples opinions (which we are all entitled too) and obviously you don't like the answers you have been given. Like Nagi said, it's your case and you will do as you please (which is 100% your right), but don't go around asking for peoples advice and thoughts if you don't like the answer you may get.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wael told me it's very typical in Egypt for men to wear an engagement ring. They will switch the ring from the right hand to left when they marry. Don't know how it is in other countries.

I agree....Lisa WAS NOT rude to you. She would never be rude..so you just took it the

wrong way. Lisa is a real sweetheart.. :luv:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
She wasn't being rude. Look, it's your case. You asked for advice and you got it...personally, I don't care if you screw up your case by not listening .

well it is rude to say what she said about it being just an american fiance phenomenon. to me that IS rude and i'm sure others would think the same. i was asking this question to see what others in morocco had done, they'd be the ones to know what is best since they've been there. but i thank everyone who has replied with answers. [/size]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1.png

2.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It is no secret that Casa is a very tough Embassy. Any embassy in the ME is tough, but Casa seems a bit stricter. We simply advise you to not give the Embassy any room to question the validity of your K-1. Wouldn't it make better sense to just forget the ring wearing for the brief time your fiance will be spending there for his interview? In other words.....Don't burn your bridges at both ends if you don't have to.

Edited by Nagishkaw

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you're getting bent out of shape from a comment that was not even implying anything then you have a rough road ahead of you sweetheart. You're going to be second guessed from here to kindgom-come for having a Moroccan spouse, and the Moroccan community will be abuzz wondering just how valid your relationship is. Just a little thing to keep in mind.

Also - he shouldn't wear it - they're not going to inspect his fingers for sun marks - but a ring will be fairly obvious. Don't take chances on something silly.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks to the ladies who know me. :luv:

I wasnt being rude, Im sorry that you took it that way. Im a bit confused how you actually took it in a rude way. :unsure:

good luck to you

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
LOL Lisa I think she is a little defensive about being the "American" fiance. She better toughen up or she is in for some sad days ahead.

ya...we were all american fiance's at some point

well, the OP said "i seem to notice that moroccan men DO wear a ring when engaged as well as when married, least most people i have talked to/with with SOs from there"

hence my curiousity

:blink:

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Why does it bother you for someone to refer to you as the American fiance? Sounds like insecurity to me. Lisa is never rude, EVER. Like the others said, if you are getting bent out of shape for this, I would hate to see you at the AOS interview when the CO is doing everything in their power to prove your marriage as fake. They love to trip people up and get bad reactions, just like the one you had.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Why does it bother you for someone to refer to you as the American fiance? Sounds like insecurity to me. Lisa is never rude, EVER. Like the others said, if you are getting bent out of shape for this, I would hate to see you at the AOS interview when the CO is doing everything in their power to prove your marriage as fake. They love to trip people up and get bad reactions, just like the one you had.

it was the american fiance phenomen thing, to me it sounded like she meant it was something only done with americans, ok, that was all. so maybe i took it wrong, SORRY. i'm sure others have taken things wrong way in their time as well. so just drop this it is over with, i'm not argue over something so minor

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1.png

2.png

Timeline

it was the american fiance phenomen thing, to me it sounded like she meant it was something only done with americans, ok, that was all. so maybe i took it wrong, SORRY. i'm sure others have taken things wrong way in their time as well. so just drop this it is over with, i'm not argue over something so minor

You know? i have taken things the wrong way before and almost started typing but then i always go back and read again before i reply to make sure i didnt read something into it because tone isnt heard through the internet. There have been times that im ready to tell them all about it and then i go back and see that they didnt mean anything by it

when in doubt, i usually throw a smiley face in to make sure the person im addressing(if i havent talked to them here before) doesnt misconstrue what i am typing.

i said the american thing because i was thinking that maybe the forgien fiance was thinking that it was american culture OR, more likely that its a sweet gesture to show their commitment since they are so far away from their women. thats all

so, no hard feelings ;)

Thanks!

i wonder if they do when they are engaged to a girl from there or if its a american fiance phenomenon, or if its a moroc thing just curious :)

well, not everyone i know that is with a moroccan is from the usa, some are from other countries too, and they still wear a ring with them, so i would have to say it's NOT just an american fiance phenomen like you want to make it out to be. i see you dealt with jordan, not morocco, so would be kinda hard for you to really answer this i'd think. so pls keep the rude type of remarks to yourself.....thank you!!! :bonk:

Hubby had a really inexpensive ring when we first got married. That one was total ####### that he got another in place of it...when he got here the temporary one got too tight and he removed it. It has been a really long time that he hasn't been wearing a ring. We had planned to get another when we could, :blush: we still haven't yet.

I guess alot of other women could technically approach him as he doesn't appear to be married :unsure::huh:

Can anyone explain to me why wearing an engagement ring is a problem since the two parties are engaged?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Timeline
Can anyone explain to me why wearing an engagement ring is a problem since the two parties are engaged?

A woman wearing an engagement ring is the norm, however a man wearing a wedding band like ring on his left hand (where a wedding ring goes) looks like hes already married, which may cause a big issue for a K1 visa application... especially at a consulate that is known for being pretty rough.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.