chnst

filing for citizenship after being illegally brought here as a baby

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Im in that same situation. I am 19 taken at the age of 5, i am now in mexico and have been here months. From what ive read on immigrate2us.net my case is solid since i wasnt deported. What i know about mitigating factors include that in cases like this being brought into the country as a child is a mitigating factor in the case. In your friends case if she is still in the us then she will have a ten year bar if she leaves the country. The time she was in the us illegally before she turned 18 will nto be counted against her, it is after she turned 18 that ulawful presence begins to add up. If its more than 6 months but less than a year she will have a 3 year bar. If its more than year then the bar is for ten years. These are punishments the government inflicts on illegal immigrants who leave the us or get deported. They can be earsed however but this is a long and very risky thing to do and you can only apply for a waiver if the immigrant has a way to get back to the us, for example if she is married to somebody with status, gets an employer to sponsor her visa i think her parents can help her, my parents too did not want to help me and i hate them for it, with a violent passion, but oh well. At this point your friend should talk to a good attorney or someone who has done this process recently or is going through it, (me for example :innocent: ). If i were her i would not leave the US at this pointi would wait for obama to change the law, which im confident will be early to the middle of next year. I know what its like not to be able to do anything in the only place youve ever known and called home. You should tell your friend to make an account or she can email me anytime, send me a PM if you want. i also recommend Immigrate2us.net for info regarding waivers. Tell your friend not to despair and not to do anything without informing herself.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
If i were her i would not leave the US at this pointi would wait for obama to change the law, which im confident will be early to the middle of next year.

you are waiting in vain, and advising another person to continue in violation of US law, which is in itself a violation of the terms of service for this bulletin board. please refrain in the future from giving advise to break the law on this board. immigrate2us may be OK with that, but we are not OK with it, here.

obama cannot change to law to accomodate illegal immigrants, no matter how many votes he might think he could buy with such action. those of us who are here legally and have paid the price of legal immigration will not allow any congress to accomodate illegal aliens under any circumstances. obama is a "lame duck" president. he does not have the power to do anything like what you are suggesting.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not to nitpick, but...

obama is a "lame duck" president.

A lame duck is a politician who is near the end of their term who also, due to term limits, cannot be re-elected. Neither of these applies to Barack Obama.

To the OP, I would guess that a competent immigration attorney could make a case for statelessness for this person, since they may have no claim to citizenship of their home country as well. If it's accepted that the person is stateless, the US might be forced to take them due to the UN Convention on Statelessness.

In all likelihood though, the person in question will probably be forced to go "home" as soon as USCIS realizes they exist.

I-129F / K-1 / AOS:

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview in Montreal - VISA GRANTED!

2009-11-21: POE - Moved to be with my fiancee :)

2010-01-23: Married!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

2010-04-30: Received Green Card

ROC:

2012-03-12: Sent I-751 package to VSC

2012-03-13: I-751 package arrived at VSC (Hi D. Renaud!)

2012-03-14: NOA1

2012-03-15: I-751 check cashed

2012-03-19: Received NOA1

2012-03-27: Received biometrics appt. notice for 2012-04-19 in Buffalo

2012-04-09: Successful early walk-in biometrics at Cleveland ASC

2012-12-04: I-751 APPROVED / 10 YR GC PRODUCTION ORDERED!

Naturalization:

2015-11-30: Here we go again: Filling out the N-400

2015-12-21: Sent N-400 to Phoenix AZ Lockbox

2015-12-23: NOA Date

2016-01-20: Biometrics in Cleveland

2016-01-25: In-line for interview

2016-01-25: Interview scheduled!

2016-01-29: Received interview letter! Scheduled for...

2016-02-29: Interview in Cleveland - APPROVED!

2016-03-18: Naturalization ceremony in Cleveland! I am a US Citizen!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Not to nitpick, but...

obama is a "lame duck" president.

A lame duck is a politician who is near the end of their term who also, due to term limits, cannot be re-elected. Neither of these applies to Barack Obama.

a lame duck is any fowl (simile intended) critter than can talk the talk (quack the quack) but can't (or won't) walk the walk. obama's picture is found under lame duck in my webster's.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.