moscow embassy interview date list

60 posts in this topic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Rob, have you got an interview date yet? Have you emailed the Embassy? Just curious how much further ahead of us you guys are.

No interview date yet. What about you?

I'm not really concerned about it because we're not in any particular hurry. Lesya won't be finished with her Dissertation defense until next Spring, so she won't be able to come here until then anyway.

I did e-mail the Embassy regarding another issue --- her patrynomic was misspelled on the NVC notice and I wanted to double-check that that was an issue they could easily correct at the Embassy. Got a reply after about 5 days and yes, it is something they will easily correct when she comes in for the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
We're a few days ahead of you and also aren't on the list yet, either.

Forget what the website says about being updated on Mondays. It generally seems to happen only once a week, but not necessarily on Mondays --- last week it was on Tuesday.

OIC, ok, well, let me know when you get your date. I would appreciate it. I will do the same.

I have been looking at ticket prices for airfare from Moscow to US, and it is not cheap. My fiance has a son, so it will cost me around $1500 or so. Plus the direct flight that used to be from Moscow to Chicago does not exist any longer. She will have to fly into DC or something.

I wonder how it is going to work since really the POE will be someplace else, like DC or Atlanta or whatever. I guess as long as she does not leave the terminal it will be ok.

I'm flying them over on Delta and want the connecting flight to change in the US. I plan to travel to JFK, the POE we've chosen, and meet her there.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Timeline
Rob, have you got an interview date yet? Have you emailed the Embassy? Just curious how much further ahead of us you guys are.

No interview date yet. What about you?

I'm not really concerned about it because we're not in any particular hurry. Lesya won't be finished with her Dissertation defense until next Spring, so she won't be able to come here until then anyway.

I did e-mail the Embassy regarding another issue --- her patrynomic was misspelled on the NVC notice and I wanted to double-check that that was an issue they could easily correct at the Embassy. Got a reply after about 5 days and yes, it is something they will easily correct when she comes in for the interview.

No not yet. There has not been an update to the website yet, so I was going to email the Embassy after the update if we are not on it. When did your package get delivered to the Embassy? Ours was delivered on September 2nd.

I won't say we are in a hurry, but our packet (or petition I guess) expires in December, so I hope we get the interview before then. I know this is only September, but on the website they are already at Nov 11th for interviews. That would put us after that then. I was hoping we would be able to spend Thanksgiving together.. what a great way to celebrate what we are thankful for... and her son's b-day is first part of December.. he will be 4. So I was hoping we can spend that together as well.

I guess I am just a worry-wort... I just don't want there to be any delays or any problems along the way.

Timeline
I'm flying them over on Delta and want the connecting flight to change in the US. I plan to travel to JFK, the POE we've chosen, and meet her there.

That's what I did the first time through the process. I met them at JFK and we spent a few days in New York -- skating at Rockefeller Center, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, etc before coming back to Louisiana.

Timeline
When did your package get delivered to the Embassy? Ours was delivered on September 2nd.

I won't say we are in a hurry, but our packet (or petition I guess) expires in December, so I hope we get the interview before then.

Our packet was also delivered September 2nd. I would say it is almost certain that you'll have an interview in November. But having them here by Thanksgiving may be cutting it close.

The petition expiring in December is not an issue. If for some reason you don't have an interview date by then, the Embassy will simply extend the validity dates of the petition.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Why would anybody use his or her patronymic in legal US documents?

If you look at the Russian international passport, the patronymic is not used at all. Therefore, does it make any sense to carry it around in the USA?

When did your package get delivered to the Embassy? Ours was delivered on September 2nd.

I won't say we are in a hurry, but our packet (or petition I guess) expires in December, so I hope we get the interview before then.

Our packet was also delivered September 2nd. I would say it is almost certain that you'll have an interview in November. But having them here by Thanksgiving may be cutting it close.

The petition expiring in December is not an issue. If for some reason you don't have an interview date by then, the Embassy will simply extend the validity dates of the petition.

Hmm.. I wonder if the DHL receipt I looked at was yours then instead of ours??? EEEK!! I don't remember how I looked it up now... I will have to look again. I hope the BOTH were delivered. ... I know that Thankgiving is pushing it.. but I can hope. For sure by the beginning of December, so we can have the b-day party together...and also, it will be nice to get married on New Years Eve.

I looked it up again, with the date of EXP 28 AUG 2009B and there is only 1 delivered to Moscow. What was the date you used?

Timeline
Why would anybody use his or her patronymic in legal US documents?

It's not unusual for Russians to use their patrynomic as their middle name when they emigrate to the US.

Therefore, does it make any sense to carry it around in the USA?

About as much sense as an American who is named after their father, grandfather, father-in-law, etc, etc to "carry around" that name.

It may not be YOUR preference, but it doesn't mean that others don't do it.

Timeline
I looked it up again, with the date of EXP 28 AUG 2009B and there is only 1 delivered to Moscow. What was the date you used?

Sorry, I gave you the wrong date. As far as I can tell, our case left NVC on Aug 27th and arrived in Moscow on the 31st. Sep 2nd was the date that I received the notice in the mail from NVC.

Sorry, I gave you the wrong date. As far as I can tell, our case left NVC on Aug 27th and arrived in Moscow on the 31st. Sep 2nd was the date that I received the notice in the mail from NVC.

Well, I did find one that was signed for on the 1st of Sept. Then one on the 2nd of Sept. I was just thinking that one of them was mine. I still think I will email the Embassy and ask.. can't hurt I guess.

Except, what do I ask them? Just for a status update on our case #?

Timeline
Well, I did find one that was signed for on the 1st of Sept. Then one on the 2nd of Sept. I was just thinking that one of them was mine. I still think I will email the Embassy and ask.. can't hurt I guess.

I know that the wait is frustrating, but frankly, I think it''s still a little early to be asking them about the status of your case. Wait until the next round of interview appointments are posted (which should be any day now).... and if you're not on that list then maybe shoot them an e-mail.

I know that the wait is frustrating, but frankly, I think it''s still a little early to be asking them about the status of your case. Wait until the next round of interview appointments are posted (which should be any day now).... and if you're not on that list then maybe shoot them an e-mail.

I think your right. I will wait until the next posting. There have been a total of 6 packets delivered since 8/28 until like the end of last week. So hopefully we are both covered in there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.