sivad

moscow embassy interview date list

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I have been looking at ticket prices for airfare from Moscow to US, and it is not cheap. My fiance has a son, so it will cost me around $1500 or so. Plus the direct flight that used to be from Moscow to Chicago does not exist any longer. She will have to fly into DC or something.

Actually airfares right now are about the cheapest they've ever been. I just returned a little over a week ago from a trip to Moscow ($650 round trip). Looking at flights in November, I'm still seeing fares less than $700 round trip.

Of course, yes... if you're having to buy multiple tickets the costs can add up very quickly. And we are beginning to enter the "winter schedules" now, so the number of flights will be reduced. For example, Delta will cut their SVO-ATL route for the winter.

As for the POE, as long as she's processed at one of the POE's actually in the US, there's no problem with leaving the terminal afterward. For example, it's not uncommon for the fiancee to fly into JFK, be processed, then go to a hotel for the night and return to the airport the next morning to catch the flight to their final destination. As long as she doesn't get on a flight to another country, she's ok. :thumbs: There are a FEW airports where it is possible to go through US Immigration even though the airport is not a US airport. In those few instances, it would not be a good idea to leave the terminal.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I have been looking at ticket prices for airfare from Moscow to US, and it is not cheap. My fiance has a son, so it will cost me around $1500 or so. Plus the direct flight that used to be from Moscow to Chicago does not exist any longer. She will have to fly into DC or something.

Actually airfares right now are about the cheapest they've ever been. I just returned a little over a week ago from a trip to Moscow ($650 round trip). Looking at flights in November, I'm still seeing fares less than $700 round trip.

Of course, yes... if you're having to buy multiple tickets the costs can add up very quickly. And we are beginning to enter the "winter schedules" now, so the number of flights will be reduced. For example, Delta will cut their SVO-ATL route for the winter.

As for the POE, as long as she's processed at one of the POE's actually in the US, there's no problem with leaving the terminal afterward. For example, it's not uncommon for the fiancee to fly into JFK, be processed, then go to a hotel for the night and return to the airport the next morning to catch the flight to their final destination. As long as she doesn't get on a flight to another country, she's ok. :thumbs: There are a FEW airports where it is possible to go through US Immigration even though the airport is not a US airport. In those few instances, it would not be a good idea to leave the terminal.

Well, she plans on flying into DC and then to me!!! Providing we get the visa of course.

Where are you finding flights for $700? I can't find anything cheaper than $900 - $1300 now. I don't really want her to fly into like Germany then to US. I would prefer to US, then to final destination.

Timeline
Well, she plans on flying into DC and then to me!!! Providing we get the visa of course.

Where are you finding flights for $700? I can't find anything cheaper than $900 - $1300 now. I don't really want her to fly into like Germany then to US. I would prefer to US, then to final destination.

I'm seeing these on Delta and some of the usual sites (Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz), etc. I'm assuming your final destination is ORD. I'm seeing SVO-JFK-ORD for about $750 in November traveling mid-week and avoiding the Thanksgiving frenzy.

Of course, since you don't even have an interview date yet, who knows when the actual travel dates will be.

Is there any reason why she HAS to fly into DC? JFK is generally going to be a more direct (and therefore less expensive) routing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
does anybody know how often they update this list..also.i called vsc and they said they shipped our packet to the embassy 2 weeks ago,does vsc send you anything in the mail???

This topic posts leads me to believe there is a list that is made public of interview dates... am I correct? My fiance will be going through Casablanca. If this list exhists... where can it be found?

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline
does anybody know how often they update this list..also.i called vsc and they said they shipped our packet to the embassy 2 weeks ago,does vsc send you anything in the mail???

This topic posts leads me to believe there is a list that is made public of interview dates... am I correct? My fiance will be going through Casablanca. If this list exhists... where can it be found?

The list we are talking about is posted on the Moscow Embassy website. It is for those who are having interviews at the Moscow Embassy. Not all Embassies/Consulates publicly publish their interview schedule. You will need to check with your individual Embassy/Consulate.

Edited by Rob_Lesya

I'm seeing these on Delta and some of the usual sites (Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz), etc. I'm assuming your final destination is ORD. I'm seeing SVO-JFK-ORD for about $750 in November traveling mid-week and avoiding the Thanksgiving frenzy.

Of course, since you don't even have an interview date yet, who knows when the actual travel dates will be.

Is there any reason why she HAS to fly into DC? JFK is generally going to be a more direct (and therefore less expensive) routing.

I guess I meant JFK and typed DC. It will be into JFK. She might be bringing her dog, so I need an airline that we can bring pets on. That complicates things somewhat, but hey, it is ok. I would rather have this problem than her not coming at all.

Timeline
I guess I meant JFK and typed DC. It will be into JFK. She might be bringing her dog, so I need an airline that we can bring pets on. That complicates things somewhat, but hey, it is ok. I would rather have this problem than her not coming at all.

The dog doesn't really complicate things too much. It just means that you need to book early, since most airlines limit the number of pets allowed in the cabin and it is on a first-come first-served basis. So BE SURE to tell them about the pet when you make the reservation. This might be one time when it's a good idea to plan the flights online, but do the actual reservations over the phone.

AA seems to be the only airline that doesn't allow any pets on transatlantic flights, so Delta is still an option. Aeroflot is the most generous when it comes to pets in the cabin and usually has fairly low fares SVO-JFK. So this might be a situation where it might be advantageous to book as 2 seperate tickets -- SVO-JFK on Aeroflot, then JFK to your final destination on whatever airline is less expensive. The only complicating factor in doing that these days is the baggage allowance. On most airlines, you'll be given a fairly generous baggage allowance for the transatlantic flight. But if the domestic segements are flown on a separate ticket, then the domestic (much less generous) baggage allowances will apply and you may have to pay some baggage fees.

Also keep in mind that many of the international flights into JFK arrive fairly late in the day. So depending on your final destination, you might have an overnight layover at JFK. Which means you'll need to find a hotel that will also accept pets.

Lesya's also planning on bring a pet with her (cat). However, she will need to remain in Russia through the winter to finish up the defense of her PHD. So we'll be able to wait until Delta resumes their SVO-ATL route, which (hopefully!) will make things a little simpler for us (i.e., no need for an overnight layover)

Edited by Rob_Lesya

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Must be nice to be checking the interview list and planning flights! I am still stuck in USCIS hell. :sad: Rob, we have the same Noa-1 date but it looks like we will not be able to have double-date to the Embassy after all.

AA seems to be the only airline that doesn't allow any pets on transatlantic flights, so Delta is still an option. Aeroflot is the most generous when it comes to pets in the cabin and usually has fairly low fares SVO-JFK. So this

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

The dog doesn't really complicate things too much. It just means that you need to book early, since most airlines limit the number of pets allowed in the cabin and it is on a first-come first-served basis. So BE SURE to tell them about the pet when you make the reservation. This might be one time when it's a good idea to plan the flights online, but do the actual reservations over the phone.

AA seems to be the only airline that doesn't allow any pets on transatlantic flights, so Delta is still an option. Aeroflot is the most generous when it comes to pets in the cabin and usually has fairly low fares SVO-JFK. So this might be a situation where it might be advantageous to book as 2 seperate tickets -- SVO-JFK on Aeroflot, then JFK to your final destination on whatever airline is less expensive. The only complicating factor in doing that these days is the baggage allowance. On most airlines, you'll be given a fairly generous baggage allowance for the transatlantic flight. But if the domestic segements are flown on a separate ticket, then the domestic (much less generous) baggage allowances will apply and you may have to pay some baggage fees.

Also keep in mind that many of the international flights into JFK arrive fairly late in the day. So depending on your final destination, you might have an overnight layover at JFK. Which means you'll need to find a hotel that will also accept pets.

Lesya's also planning on bring a pet with her (cat). However, she will need to remain in Russia through the winter to finish up the defense of her PHD. So we'll be able to wait until Delta resumes their SVO-ATL route, which (hopefully!) will make things a little simpler for us (i.e., no need for an overnight layover)

Well, I was looking at United, and they seem to allow the best for dogs. However, her dog will have to go as checked baggage. It is a Jack Russell. It will not fit under the seat in front of her so there is no way it can go in the cabin. The carry on cage is too big.

So I know that complicates it a bit, but it is what it is. Can't leave "Buster" behind...

I know it will cost me close to $500 to bring him here, but oh well. She will be flying out of DME, which is closer to where she lives. I will have to look at what is the best for the situation. I wish the direct flight was still there, then I could have driven to Chicago and picked her up and drove home from there, but JFK is pretty far for me to drive to. So it will have to be a connecting flight. The flight to final destination is only a couple of hours, so not that bad. And there is nothing over night.

I already called the airline and they said that I have to call them ahead of time when we are closer to ready to leave. I am not going to purchase ANY tickets though until we have VISA IN HAND.

I am just praying that all goes well and we get the interview date soon.

Timeline
Well, I was looking at United, and they seem to allow the best for dogs. However, her dog will have to go as checked baggage. It is a Jack Russell. It will not fit under the seat in front of her so there is no way it can go in the cabin. The carry on cage is too big.

Ahhh.... sorry, that's what I get for assuming. :innocent: If it's going as checked baggage ... and since you're wanting to fly from DME.... American Airlines once again becomes a possible option for you. They DO allow pets as checked baggage, just not in the cabin, on transatlantic flights. Since they began their service to DME, both United and American have consistently been offering some good fare sales. Just keep your eyes open. There are a number of possible routings that would work for you on American. One of the more popular ones is probably Moscow-Heathrow-Chicago, so that could possibly work for you.

Again, I'm sure everything will work out for you ---- just have to be a little patient. :thumbs:

Timeline

I just spent 1 month in Russia (Kaluga) returned on August 31st, and flew "DIRECT" from ORD to DME via American Airlines. If I understand you guys correctly American has "dropped" this flight and no longer flies directly into DME?

Роберт и Оля

began communication Nov 2008

1st meeting March 2009

met Mama March 2009

2nd meeting June 2009

3rd meeting August 2009

1st weekend spent at the Dacha August 2009

1st visit to the Banya August 2009

4th Meeting February 2010

NOA1 February 24 (we are together at this time!)

NOA2 April 13

5th Meeting June 2010

Medical Exam July 1

Interview July 12, 2010 at 10am (originally June 8)

6th meeting --- October 31, 2010 Finished my contract in Iraq and head to Russia so as that we all (myself, Olga and her son Igor) can travel together to America

Arrived --- November 11, 2010

MARRIED --- December 10, 2010!!!!!

Timeline
I just spent 1 month in Russia (Kaluga) returned on August 31st, and flew "DIRECT" from ORD to DME via American Airlines. If I understand you guys correctly American has "dropped" this flight and no longer flies directly into DME?

It has been dropped for the winter and will return next spring.

Here's the info from the AA website----

Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD) Moscow, Russia (DME) Through 09/30/09

Resumes 04/06/10

At least that is the CURRENT plan. Of course, EVERYthing is subject to change.

Edited by Rob_Lesya

Timeline

It has been dropped for the winter and will return next spring.

Here's the info from the AA website----

Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD) Moscow, Russia (DME) Through 09/30/09

Resumes 04/06/10

At least that is the CURRENT plan. Of course, EVERYthing is subject to change.

#######!!!

I will be going back for New Years, this sucksssss. Well I guess I will just have to go with United ORD- to DC then to DME. but will of course check prices closer to that time. Just all my frequent flyer miles are with American and United so will want to book with them or one of their affliates where my miles will count

Роберт и Оля

began communication Nov 2008

1st meeting March 2009

met Mama March 2009

2nd meeting June 2009

3rd meeting August 2009

1st weekend spent at the Dacha August 2009

1st visit to the Banya August 2009

4th Meeting February 2010

NOA1 February 24 (we are together at this time!)

NOA2 April 13

5th Meeting June 2010

Medical Exam July 1

Interview July 12, 2010 at 10am (originally June 8)

6th meeting --- October 31, 2010 Finished my contract in Iraq and head to Russia so as that we all (myself, Olga and her son Igor) can travel together to America

Arrived --- November 11, 2010

MARRIED --- December 10, 2010!!!!!

Timeline

Another option that I have seen is you can go from DME to Frankfurt then from there to Chicago or DFW on American Airlines. I have a friend who works for AA in Dallas and she was checking things for me as the winter schedule has dropped a bunch of flights. Seems Frankfurt, London and Barcelona are the main European departure cities for AA right now. Best of luck! Right now I have her scheduled to leave from DME to Frankfurt then direct to Dallas / Fort Worth to me. Probably going to have to back the ticket up maybe, depending on how fast they get the interview scheduled, but that should be fine.

Best of luck to everyione!

I found her in March 08'

We met in December 08'

NOA1 on 31 March 09'

NOA2 on 28 Aug 09'

Interview 18 Nov 09' (Administrative Review)

Visa Approved!! 15 Dec 09'

Tatiana Arrives! 12 Jan 10'

Married 2 Mar 10'

Green Card Received 10 July 10'

Lifting Conditions Filed 25 April 12'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.